AroaraAngelwolf

The Cursed

Alivia briefly glanced over at him when she heard him snarl and then stopped Storm, causing the knights and wagon to stop as well when she saw him turn around and ride back towards the town with a surprised look on her face. Then it faded when she saw him coming back with Evens' fiancé who he dropped in front of her and Storm shortly after getting back to where she was. She listened to everything he said to her, nodding in agreement to what he said regarding her choosing to be with him as well as her choosing to stay while looking surprised again when she heard the rest of what he said. She then listened to her sob and blubber something that she took to mean was an apology.

"It's okay, I forgive you. Maybe you can help assist me in getting input from the townspeople who chose to stay if having an announcement kiosk of some sort being put in the middle of town would be a good idea as well as perhaps advertising their stores there if you choose to stay," she said in reply to the other girl's apology as well as a suggestion of what she could do if she stayed. She then had her attention go from being on her to being back on Quadir after he rode Lilith back over to her and handed her a handkerchief to wipe her cheeks off with. She nodded in thanks before doing just that, listening to everything he said to her while doing so. "I think you're doing a good job so far and I know you aren't. Okay," she said in reply to the first few statements before hearing his last trailed off one. "I'd like that, too. Would us having engagement rings also help or no?"

Quadir left the woman there and continued on the way home. "Hm... Perhaps it would help a little bit, but I did come across this. Apparently the temple releases a weekly newsletter with deaths, births, marriage and divorce records listed inside. " He said pulling out the paperwork he got from his saddlebag and ruffled through it pulling out a thick pamphlet and handing it to her. "The dog eared page has our marriage listing in it and the reason. Hopefully when we have the ceremony it'll change from 'contractual marriage' to 'marriage by choice' like a majority of the ones in there. " He said as they left the forest. 

Alivia followed him until she was side by side with him and listened to what he said about announcements listed in the temple, taking the pamphlet as he handed it to her. “Oh alright. I think, though until our ceremony comes, we should have rings to say that we’re together in some way. Otherwise other people might think our marriage is just mostly a contract thing,” she said in reply as she read what was on the page of the pamphlet he handed to her.

Edited by SkySong278

"I agree. I've been trying to figure out a design for one. But I'd like to get a simple one for now until the ceremony. " He reached over and lightly turned her chin to look at him. "But you and I know the truth about us, that's really all that matters to me. You are beautiful inside and out. " He said tilting his head as his knuckles brushed her cheeks making sure they where fully dry. "You are more forgiving than I am. I believe years of self humiliation and constant ostracism from my fellow Lords made me synical and less tolerant of words like that. " He said sadly. Although he still wore the mask, he leaned over and touched the nose to her cheek in a tender way. "You are a light I needed in my darkest hour. I'll always remind you of that."

"Okay and how about gold and silver bands that have our favorite gemstone on them?" she asked in reply before she felt him turn her chin so that she was facing him and also before listening to everything else he said afterward. "Me too and you really think I'm beautiful?" she said and asked in reply to his next two statements with a small blush on her cheeks before enjoying him brushing his knuckles over her cheeks afterward. "I try not to hold grudges. Oh and I can try to help you be less so if you'd like," she said in reply while smiling a bit when she felt the nose of his mask tenderly touch her cheek. "I'm glad and I wouldn't mind that constant reminder. I think we're far enough away now if you'd like to take your mask off or are you waiting until we get passed the gates back home to do so?" 

"That sounds like a good temporary fix for the rings. Yes, I think you are beautiful, more than beautiful actually, however the word is the only one I can find that is befitting of such a woman like you. I would like to learn how to be more.... Forgiving. It will take time to get a hang of it. As for the mask, I'd rather wait until we get inside the castle walls. We can exchange the real rings at the ceremony. If it's in fall, how august sound? " He asked her focusing on the road once more. 

"Okay. Oh and um how about the word 'divine'? Um thank you. I can certainly try to help you with that and I understand. Alright. Sounds like a good plan for the exchanging of the real rings and yes, it'll be in the fall. August sounds really good as the leaves will be really pretty colors by then and also make a really beautiful backdrop," she said in reply to everything that he said while also focusing on the road ahead of them once again.

"Devine." He repeated the word to himself. "Yes, that would work nicely. You are devine. A blessing from the gods." He said softly. He turned and shouted at the company. "I want to return by nightfall! Pick up the pace!" He then spurred Lilith into a gallop as the others followed suit. 

Quadir remained quiet into they got to the castle, leading them through the gate instead of the short way to the castle. They arrived just at sunset, although it was already dark on the mountain range. He entered the city only after making sure everyone was accounted for by watching them pass him them ordered the gate to be shut and locked behind him. 

She blushed a bit when she heard the statement he said after she had suggested the word she did, while smiling a bit as well. She then had Storm gallop as well after hearing what he shouted to everyone that was behind them, staying beside him the whole way back.

Alivia also remained quiet and opted to stay beside him as he let the others pass through the gate before him when they got back at sunset, not minding that they didn't go through the tunnel and also enjoying the sight of the setting sun behind the mountains. She then went in shortly after he did and before the gate was closed behind them and saying as they rode back to the castle and into the silence, "I'm going to be waking up early in the morning so that I can get an early start at work to finish Paul's commission. I just need to finish the broach and then we can send it to him."

Quadir removed the mask at this point and nodded. "Would you mind eating ok your own tonight? I need to get everything ready for the slaves and make sure there's enough bedding and room at the inn. I'll also be helping them get water for baths. They would need three barrels of water and it'll be faster if I carry it for them. " He said softly and kisses her cheek lightly. "I'll be in late. I'll try not to wake you up when I come inside. " 

“Yes and okay. I understand and I’m sure it would be much faster if you did that,” Alivia said in reply to most of everything that he said before he kissed her softly on the cheek. She smiled at that and kissed him back before hearing the last thing that he said. “Alright and it’s okay if you do end up waking me up a bit. I’ll be in my room in case you need to look for me when you get back later.”

Edited by SkySong278

Quadir got to work when she left for the castle. He came back and snuck into her room at eleven o'clock at night already on his pajamas. He carefully set Void on the bed and crawled on top of her covers, this time bringing a blanket to cover himself with as he fell asleep emotionally and physically drained from the day's events. 

When he left to take care of the things he needed to do at the inn, Alivia went back to the castle. She washed her face and changed into something less dirty before heading back downstairs and to the dining room for dinner. After she ate it, she went back upstairs, read a bit, got ready for bed afterward, unmade the bed, turned off the light, and then fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. She turned in her sleep later that night when she felt Quadir get on top of the covers beside her, wanting to be closer to him as she slept.

She woke up early the next morning, kissed him on the forehead before getting out of bed, got dressed in the bathroom, wrote and left a note for him on her bedside table, and then went downstairs with Truffle. She ate breakfast in the dining room, made Quadir a breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast, left word with Donna to deliver it to her room for him at 11:30, and then headed to her store in town afterward. She unlocked the door when she got there, went inside, closed the door again behind her, and then went into the back room to continue working on the commission for Paul.

The note she left for Quadir read:

My dearest Quadir,

I hope you slept well and that you’re not too terribly busy today. I also hope you like the simple breakfast I made for you. If you get a chance to, please feel free to visit me at my store. I miss you dearly when we’re apart. I love you.

Yours forever,

Alivia

Edited by SkySong278

Quadir didn't wake up until Donna had brought in his meal. He said his thanks and then read the note looking like he was going to cry. He carefully folded the note to keep it safe then ate breakfast and headed to his room with Void to dress in a green shirt with the teal vest, made from the material she picked out. Once again he had Void in a matching color, the cat seemed to enjoy wearing clothes and had so many vests the kitten had it's own small closet in Quadir's wardrobe. Once Void was perched on his shoulder, he headed the treasury then to the Quadverns' horde and entered the shop. He places a bag of uncut gemstones she had asked for on the mobile gift, the onyx, chunks of gold, mother of pearl and silver, small rubies and quartz crystal that can be carved to a star shape. "Here's the gems for the mobile. I think a quartz star would go with the rabbit, lion and lamb you make.  I can work on the framework for it after I send off the gifts for Paul and Anastasia. " He said softly and kisses her cheek tenderly. "And I loved breakfast this morning. Shall return the favor and make dinner tonight?" He asked setting Void on the counter to go to her brother and get pets from a couple merchant daughters in with their father looking at the wears. 

Alivia was most of the way done with the broach by about midafternoon or so when Quadir came to visit her.  She was taking a small break and rubbing her eyes a bit when she heard a thump of a bag being put down on the opposite side of the table that she was working on and she heard everything that he said afterward. "Thank you and all of that sounds good," she said in reply before smiling when she felt the tender kiss he gave her against her cheek. "I'm glad and I'd love that. I hope the simpleness of the breakfast was okay," she said in reply to his last statement and question while watching Void venture off towards where Truffle was along with the customers that were browsing the wares. "How'd you sleep?" she asked with the smile still on her face as she got up and went behind the main counter to see if her new customers needed help.

"I slept quite hard, didn't even know you got out of bed until I woke. A simple meal is nice every once in awhile. And the size was perfect for me to be able to have a lunch with you.  Dose your eyes hurt? Would better lighting help with your work?" He looked at the candles and witches stones that illumated the space. "Maybe we can add mirrors to reflect sunlight inside so you can see your work in daylight." He stopped talking seeing she was with a customer and  went to the back to start working on the mobile framework. 

She helped the new customers while listening to everything else that he said as she was helping her customers. After she helped them with the bracelets they wanted, she went into the back room to join him for a bit while her employees took care of a few other customers that had come in. “Ah so you didn’t feel the gentle kiss I put on your forehead? Okay and I’d like that. I’m just a bit tired since I woke up earlier than I usually do. A bit more better lighting might be good along with mirrors,” she said and asked in reply to everything he had said and asked her earlier in order before rubbing his shoulders a bit.

"No I didn't. It was so light, it might as well been a butterfly. " He said with a soft humm at her rubbing his shoulders. He was quiet tense. He grabbed her hand and kisses her palm. "Would you like to have a lunch date with your husband? " He asked. He turned and looked at her over his shoulder. 

"Oh, sorry. Next time, I'll try to make it be not so light," she said in reply to his response before continuing to rub his shoulders. She could tell that he was very tense so she did her best at rubbing it from his shoulders along with the knots that might be there. "Of course. Same place as the other day or somewhere different this time?" she said and asked in reply to his question after he kissed her hand and before she kissed him softly on the lips when he turned and looked over at her over his shoulder and then pulled away again afterward. "Did you see my note?"

Edited by SkySong278

"A different place. A nice one this time. Yes I did get your note and I saved it in a special place. " He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her onto his lap for a snuggle. "I never thought I'd be so in love with someone. It's a nice feeling to have." He muttered holding her against him. 

"Okay and I thought that sandwich place was a nice one. I'm glad," she said in reply to his first couple of statements before she felt one of his arms wrap around her waist to place her on his lap. She got comfortable before hearing his last statement. "Me neither and I feel the same way," she said in reply to his last statement that was muttered before wrapping her arms around his neck to give him the snuggle he was seeking.

Quadir purred like a cat and grinned at her. "It was nice, but I was thinking about a romantic lunch. There is a restaurant here called the Sea Side, they specialized in seafood and have tanks of colorful fish around the restaurant. Live music and candlelit lunches and dinners. They make a pasta there called shrimp Alfredo. You said you like pastas so I booked a reservation today. What do you think? " He asked. 

Alivia smiled a bit more when she heard his purr before hearing everything he said and the question he asked. “Mm I like the sound of that. Oh and that sounds interesting. I’d like to try that. I also like shrimp so that’s perfect and I think it sounds great,” she said in reply.

"Good! If we leave now we'll make it in time!" He said standing up still holding her and actually carried her out the door and down the road to the restaurant he mentioned. He carried her until they got to the table, then set her down on her feet to pull out the chair for her and pushed it back in when she sat down. He had already put in for two shrimp Alfredos beforehand so after about a five minute wait, the meal was brought out to them paired with a sweetwater bubbly drink. He grinned. "I'm glad you agreed, if you hadn't I had Carlos on standby to drag Merry here. The little one had a bath and Carlos has been having a wonderful time bringing her to dress shops and the salon and toy stores. I've given Carlos the week off so they can get Mary somethings and ready a room for her. After you finish your commission for the prince, would you like to check on the other witches?"

“Okay,” she said in reply still with the smile on her face that turned into one of surprise when he stood up and was still holding her. She hadn’t been expecting that or to be carried to the restaurant and to her seat. She was blushing a bit but then it faded slightly when she was set down on her feet at their table and he pulled out her chair for her, nodding in thanks to him before sitting down soon after. After about five minutes or so, their food and drinks came which surprised her because she didn’t remember ordering anything but then that faded when she figured that he had ordered them in advance before she started to eat while listening to everything he said and the question he asked. “Of course I would have agreed. This is our third meal together as a date and I’m glad to be on one with you again. Oh and it sounds like they’re having a wonderful time, getting to know each other better. Yes of course,” she said in reply after swallowing a bite of her pasta which caused her to have a look of bliss on her face. “This is really good.”

Edited by SkySong278