schmupti

Move the Teleport checkbox to the left side of the Dragon column on the Trading page

What it says on the tin: I'd like to suggest moving the Teleport column (on the Teleport page) to the first row, before/beside the Dragon column, to make it quicker and easier to check the box you want. It seems a more natural place for a checkbox - beside the thing you want to select - and less frustrating than counting up/down a row of 24 growing things to make sure you've selected the right box.

YES PLEASE! I believe I mentioned this when the Hub was first introduced (ie, when I started doing a lot more trading). I think it's a combination of having lots of things listed, the boxes relatively far from the dragon images, and the general lack of space in-between dragons in the list. I can't even count the number of times I've nearly checked the wrong box (and a few times I *did* make a teleport with the wrong dragon), I've taken to manually counting how many down the wanted egg/hatchie is and then counting down the boxes to check the correct box. (Because I seem to still make mistakes when I try just finding the egg/hatchie and moving my eyes over to the corresponding box...) 

I've never understood why the check-boxes are so far away from everything else, even the info *not* normally needed for a trade (like time left) is much closer to the images than the boxes we need to check. 

This:

image.png.657d648bab09139bf4a79512aedff756.png

Would be much better than what we currently have:

image.png.91c273788659f9b9fff5ea92fa968054.png

Oh, yeah, that would be a lot nicer.  Definitely support for this!

This is a great idea. I, too, have to sit there checking and double-checking that it's the right dragon every time I click the box because of its placement. I absolutely support this!

Not an issue for me. If I've got a line of the same breed images next to the boxes, it would be easier to misclick the wrong one. The current arrangement seems the most logical to me. I need to read the code and time left to make sure I'm clicking the right box.

No support.

I think I agree with @dragongrrl that the current arrangement works better for me.

What I would support is moving the column of checkboxes closer to the column for time remaining.  I think closing that gap would help.

Spoiler

image.png.c2259f7be538feebff46a59183f76191.png

Edited by purplehaze

15 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I think I agree with @dragongrrl that the current arrangement works better for me.

What I would support is moving the column of checkboxes closer to the column for time remaining.  I think closing that gap would help.

Hide contents

This is a great suggestion. I often select things based on time left, so having the checkboxes on that side doesn't bother me, but the columns are indeed absurdly far away and it's sometimes hard to tell if I'm clicking the right thing. So bringing them all closer should help at least. As far as I know the only thing that might require more space is the (cannot teleport named hatchlings) text, but that could just wrap instead of being all in one line.

I'm with purplehaze; the current arrangement works better for me - but the boxes would be better closer.

1 hour ago, MissK. said:

As far as I know the only thing that might require more space is the (cannot teleport named hatchlings) text, but that could just wrap instead of being all in one line.

And one of the hatchlings in my screen grab has that message, and there is still room to move the check boxes over even without wrapping.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree with your idea. I'm on mobile so the distance between columns isn't as great, but closing the gap would make a big difference on a computer.

Moving the checkboxes closer would be good enough, if some people wouldn't like them right next to the sprites. Really anything that makes it easier to tell which box goes with which sprite is very much wanted.

I much prefer the boxes on the right; especially on mobile, it would be terribly annoying to accidentally click the image link of the hatchling or egg instead of the box. 

I think I like them better on the left, but just moving them closer would be such an improvement. I'd be happy to see either implemented.

I also support moving them closer--either way would be nicer for me, but I think moving them closer is a good compromise between swapping them to be right next to the images on the left and leaving them where they are.

I would like to propose a different way to tackle this problem:

tables.PNG.1daaf2c6cc51f06a645d5947ac252a02.PNG

Using CSS rules to make every other row in the table have a different colour of some sort (I'm not proposing this exact colour, I just chose one at random to demonstrate this in action) so that nothing's being moved around, but it's much easier to tell which row you're on when you've got a long list of dragons. This is very easy to do in CSS, taking me only a couple minutes to cobble together.

1 hour ago, Wymsical said:

Using CSS rules to make every other row in the table have a different colour of some sort (I'm not proposing this exact colour, I just chose one at random to demonstrate this in action) so that nothing's being moved around, but it's much easier to tell which row you're on when you've got a long list of dragons. This is very easy to do in CSS, taking me only a couple minutes to cobble together.

That would work! I like that.

7 hours ago, Wymsical said:

This looks awesome! It's definitely much clearer which checkboxes belong to which sprites, and honestly in general I think it just looks nice.

Yes, please, to the "every other row has a different color" solution. Then those who want the check box near the codes can have it, and those of us who want to know what the heck we're clicking but our brains can't remember codes can still click the right thing! haha

9 hours ago, Wymsical said:

Brilliant! This looks very good.

There's been a change. Now if you click any column in the row (except the dragon column), it'll check the checkbox for that dragon.

1 hour ago, FortyTwo said:

There's been a change. Now if you click any column in the row (except the dragon column), it'll check the checkbox for that dragon.

What theme do you have cause its not working on portal or default for me

8 minutes ago, FortyTwo said:

@Tini I'm using the default. I have however just realized it only works when creating a trade, not offering. Hmm.

oh, sweet tho! that might just be an oversight then.