Moriaty

Cookie gifting & Display!

i wish i understood yours so i could have taken T_T i definitely have seen some of them before but dont know enough to have wanted to take them. i am going to make something with a reference and ill post here in case someone wants ^^

1 hour ago, Moriaty said:

I'm sending some of those cookies to random for candies XD I'm saving the ones with the naruto reference though - I really really want them to go to people who know the reference and is a  fan. Anyone interested can quote/pm me and I'll send it to u!

I wonder if we can send cookies to self...

If you still have the mangekyou sharingan I would like it :D  My scroll name is Elery

Im not great at drawing but I can make a panda if you want XD

Edited by Elery.

4 minutes ago, Elery. said:

If you still have the mangekyou sharingan I would like it :D  My scroll name is Elery

Im not great at drawing but I can make a panda if you want XD

I'll send when my cooldown's over (just sent two and it said "need to wait a few minutes before sending another")! I'm excited that someone playing DC is also a fan XD 

Sent! Enjoy XD 

Edited by Moriaty

Just now, meruru said:

how are you guys drawing so beautifully? are you using a tablet? 😮 

i am, but its still pretty challenging because it's so laggy.

I couldn't resist trying to make another Mint cookie. :) Whilst the remake isn't as good as the first, I thought i'd provide a guide of how I did it, in case any Mint enthusiasts wanted to make their own.

Here is the original:

Spoiler

image.png.890eb8a704835fb2a07b58824e4e5d6c.png

Here's how to do it:

Step 1: Choose and get yourself used to your template. Experiment and decide the best place to put your Mint.

Spoiler

image.png.bdbcaa4cf5a6bf3df63545db6013c53a.png

Step 2: Make your Mint's shadow, horns and all.

Spoiler

image.png.f91260f32a862e8e40f5abfba51e5415.png

Step 3: Get started on the horns. Don't worry if they look weird and mushy right now - all will be well in the end.

Spoiler

image.png.65467d0ecfa4600985488d0368625a14.png

Step 4: Neaten the horns. You will have to edge onto the background for this step.

Spoiler

image.png.527d7a5457b9c91ae3f2badb3cd1132b.png

Step 5: Draw the Mint's face.

Spoiler

image.png.36f88c7181cdab3f19c12e8139307e8e.png

Step 6: Neaten the outline

Spoiler

image.png.8f5efaa42381251f609c8a0ce7cd1a6d.png

Step 7: Add those sweet little beady eyes

Spoiler

image.png.b9a432e06707d86c31d26c45f9801328.png

Step ???: Go wild

Spoiler

image.png.b734cdc31793de473b95aa7114f20f46.png

I hope you have all enjoyed my guide. Enjoy making your very own Minty cookies! :wub: Mint hatchi.gif

Edited by lovecats99

I love the sea otter and the Chad cookies, those two remind me of some I made earlier. I keep alternating between "normal" cookies and more creative ones.

cookiesxmas.png

7 minutes ago, lovecats99 said:

Step ???: Go wild

The eyebrows XD 

So I tend to go the draw, draw over, draw over again route, ie at step one I would've painted the entire thing green first, then use black to draw the shadow on top. Just throwing another idea out there

Also I'm using computer. I find it easier to draw with computer compared to tablet too, probably related to how I don't have a pen that goes with the said tablet and drawing with fingers are...nightmares for me.

1 minute ago, Moriaty said:

Also I'm using computer. I find it easier to draw with computer compared to tablet too, probably related to how I don't have a pen that goes with the said tablet and drawing with fingers are...nightmares for me.

im on a computer using an art tablet. thats what i thought the question ment XD :P 

17 minutes ago, meruru said:

how are you guys drawing so beautifully? are you using a tablet? 😮 

I'm just hand-drawing my cookies using my laptop's touchpad. I could go get the mouse to make things easier for myself, but i'm way too comfortable with the touchpad to make the switch. XD 

55 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

I'll send when my cooldown's over (just sent two and it said "need to wait a few minutes before sending another")! I'm excited that someone playing DC is also a fan XD 

Sent! Enjoy XD 

Thank You! 

I read the whole manga and watched the anime :D Now I started Boruto.

Just now, meruru said:

how long is the cooldown?

looks like 5 minutes, or at least around there

10 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

im on a computer using an art tablet. thats what i thought the question ment XD :P 

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that's what the thing is called in english. In which case I don't have a tablet b/c I'm not professional and not motivated enough to buy on XD 

Just made this, it looks really bad lol but hopefully recognizable to people who have watched that. It's one of those animes really popular when I was grade six and even though I've only watched part of it it's like part of my childhood XD

1378066774_ScreenShot2020-12-25at4_44_28PM.thumb.png.eeaf721b18eaa17850773d566b80099d.png

3 minutes ago, Elery. said:

Thank You! 

I read the whole manga and watched the anime :D Now I started Boruto.

I am not sure how to comment on the second part XD Naruto is really great but a lot of people I know, including myself, hate boruto and how it treated old characters. Be prepared

I think it happened recently? There was almost an outrage in the chinese community b/c of certain thing they did in the boruto manga. You might not mind though, just putting it here as a "you've been warned" sign

16 hours ago, Moriaty said:

1082997345_ScreenShot2020-12-25at12_23_32AM.thumb.png.381c9dea1930d4404caf0c9232f88df5.pngCookies I've made but haven't sent are below. 

That seal is awesome!

@lovecats99, thanks for the minty instructions! Your end result is amazing. :)

This is one I made that I like:

Screenshot_20201225-195202.thumb.jpg.130115030058b66a183980db40c00413.jpg

Kind of looks TARDIS space-time continum-y.

So I had to write the name out because the coloration was far too cinderella.... There isn't light and more cyan blue for elsa's dress

AND there isn't skin color available : / Elsa's skin color is so light that using brown or even uncolored would ruin it so I just threw my hands up and didn't draw the face

Anyone interested? if not it'll be sent in the gift above thread at some point

281327357_ScreenShot2020-12-25at5_12_03PM.thumb.png.cdd8a90a8f7e31f4ad4a3947f2745a0d.png

ooh so pretty! my friend sent me a cookie (the first in my basket! :D) of my favorite character and had to use white because he's pretty pale. i think the little snowflakes do make it clear that it's elsa, but writing it out sure doenst hurt. ^^

31 minutes ago, Lagie said:

This is one I made that I like:

Screenshot_20201225-195202.thumb.jpg.130115030058b66a183980db40c00413.jpg

Kind of looks TARDIS space-time continum-y.

I like that one Lagie, so TARDISie.

Any advice on how to make the cursor less jerky when adding or overlapping colors? It is making things difficult.

58C278BE-8BBB-4AA6-A8C5-572435D94185.jpeg

Edited by Montre

Just now, Montre said:

Any advice on how to make the cursor less jerky when overlapping colors? It is making things difficult.

no, the lag seems to be a problem with everyone, at least that i know of. sorry.

The lag is universal from what I've heard and it does make things a whole lot more difficult.

Meanwhile, just some of the things I made today -- it feels strangely fun to work on them, even with all the stuttering involved.

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.6b560bc4277d1b8132bcac5b07493e24.png

Also unrelated but InvaderAlexis, your Brimstone cookie is adorable.