Pilauli

Give public vs private 2-way trades different text.

When you create a trade, the page (minus all identifying information) always says something like this, no matter whether it's a private or a public trade.

image.png.f9cd981a670d3f9042ae671c5681222d.png

This took me aback when I created a trade without paying careful attention; since it didn't mention the trading hub, I assumed that I had clicked the non-public option.  I propose that the public trade page be changed to explicitly mention the trading hub.  Something like this ought to work (with changes in italics):

The following egg(s)/hatchling(s) are a part of this public two-way trade:

[specific trade details]

People can find your trade on the trading hub and make offers on it.  You can also have them visit the below link.

[insert links]

So yeah, the current text is a bit confusing (especially to people who haven't already encountered this), and it seems like it ought to be pretty easy to change, so I suggest that it be changed.

Edited by Pilauli

I'll be honest and say I never read that text. At all. If people feel this is useful, change it, but I dont actually think I'll notice.

Fair enough.

I acknowledge that most people probably won't read that text very many times, but I just had a case where if the text had been different, it would have helped me, so I'm assuming that other people will/have also encounter(ed) such cases at various times.

You can see the type of trade in the hub itself, where it would say either Trade (X offers) or Public Trade (X offers) for you.

But yeah, I support a change of text. Can't hurt.

I have been confused by that text before, also, @Pilauli, and have at least momentarily wondered if I had accidentally created the wrong kind. I support making the text for a public trade clearer.

I’ve thought the same thing when making a trade, and sometimes double checked to make sure I’ve set up the right trade type. So will happily support this suggestion, especially as it’s a relatively simple fix.

Same, I've definitely had to double-check what type of trade I actually made because of this. And sure that's an easy thing to check, but it would be nice if the text were specific about what type of trade it is.

Please! I have to re-check if I accidentally made a public trade all the time!

The mobile version lets you know that there is a difference between public and private trades when you select the teleport, but I wouldn't mind additional clarity since I've also been confused on the desktop version and didn't realize that I was just cancelling and recreating an already public trade. 

I'd like this, but maybe we could also just (or additionally! ❤️) have a small different coloured banner for the different kind of trades? Maybe orange for transfer, blue for a two-way, green for public trade? I know that'd be much easier for my eyes to "scan" than text. (There are probably colours that are more ideal to pick in light of some people being colour-blind, but I'm not sure which those are.)

Edited by pinkgothic