CryptidUni

More use for Marketplace

Well, you simply cannot buy lineaged holiday dragons. Period. You also cannot buy extra holiday dragons beyond your scroll limits. And their breeding period is very much limited, so it's "get them now or next year or the year after that".

1 hour ago, olympe said:

Well, you simply cannot buy lineaged holiday dragons. Period. You also cannot buy extra holiday dragons beyond your scroll limits. And their breeding period is very much limited, so it's "get them now or next year or the year after that".

I meant in general. I'd rather buy a CB gold or whatever else and be done with it than to spend a couple thousand shards on a slot or a few that's going to disappear anyway. 

Well, once you have met your golden goals, what else is there? Silver goald, copper goals... Unless you actually managed to catch them by yourself. Depending on the price, I'd really like to rent extra space. Because the extra holidays I'd be able to raise will be just as permanent as a CB gold.

It doesn't really matter what my goals are. I said I'd maybe spend shards on it, but I'm not all that interested in extra slots--permanent or otherwise-- to begin with. To each their own. 

3 hours ago, olympe said:

Because you cannot buy these things when you have a bronze trophy unless you collect thousands of dragons - and release or kill them afterwards.

You can get shards by breeding to the AP. You could theoretically do 50 successful breedings each week and keep your bronze trophy.

Since this is a collecting game, I don't see much sense in that though.

Even so, just to buy 1 extra slot, you'd have to stay at bronze level for almost one year... Just saying.

This kind of thing is why I really don't think this could fly.

Even if people were prepared to waste shards (that's how it feels to me !) on slots.

"70k-100k shards per slot"

... i don't think there is any perk the market could offer that would entice me to save my shards for 13.5-19 years.

like, i don't think my neopets account is even 19 yet, and i started that when i was in fifth grade.

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

This kind of thing is why I really don't think this could fly.

Even if people were prepared to waste shards (that's how it feels to me !) on slots.

See I am *totally* prepared to waste shards, I've got a bit over 10k now and nothing I want to buy. I would love to have something to throw my shards at. This... Isn't it. Like some others I could possibly see myself buying an extra slot or two just for holidays, a temporary thing. (I've whined plenty over the years about wishing I had more slots during holidays!) But not permanent slot advantages, and certainly not tied to Trophy-level this way, and certainly not at the current completely unobtainable prices suggested. 

I don’t support this, because it would benefit the older players by a lot. Some people who have played since the market update would probably get like more extra slots and they’ll get more dragons and they’ll dominate the DC Records. I mean, if it’s another trophy for 5000/10000 dragons that sounds better? At least that’s more of a challenge since the fact that we can only earn 100 shards a week. 

On 4/30/2020 at 1:44 AM, HeatherMarie said:

This... Isn't it. Like some others I could possibly see myself buying an extra slot or two just for holidays, a temporary thing. (I've whined plenty over the years about wishing I had more slots during holidays!)

Yea, me too, Festival egg lock is a big problem, but if you get more egg slots, would it add to the hatchling slots as well? So renting hatchling + egg slots at once? Or is it separate for renting? 

(And about the temporary slots, I think that’s completely useless because you’ll be spending so many shards on something that is one-use and it’ll take you like years or months to earn them back for other purchases in the market) 

8 hours ago, icearashi said:

I don’t support this, because it would benefit the older players by a lot. Some people who have played since the market update would probably get like more extra slots and they’ll get more dragons and they’ll dominate the DC Records. I mean, if it’s another trophy for 5000/10000 dragons that sounds better? At least that’s more of a challenge since the fact that we can only earn 100 shards a week. 

Yea, me too, Festival egg lock is a big problem, but if you get more egg slots, would it add to the hatchling slots as well? So renting hatchling + egg slots at once? Or is it separate for renting? 

(And about the temporary slots, I think that’s completely useless because you’ll be spending so many shards on something that is one-use and it’ll take you like years or months to earn them back for other purchases in the market) 

People who have played since the market update are 95% Platinum trohpy players. Even if they saved up every single shard and maxed out their accounts, they'd be at 10400 shards by DC's birthday. Maybe 100 more. Most of us, however, did use our shards, or at least some of them.

I don't think egg slots should be purchasable in the Market, I think the Platinum Trophy levels are enough. However, maybe additional hatchling slots could be of use! There's always a bit of a bottleneck in the collecting process, you know? :) At least for me and, from what I've read, for some other players: it's not uncommon to have free egg slots but turn out to have maxed out the total scroll limits. So one needs to wait until their hatchlings grow up before they can even hunt for *eggs* again. It's especially relevant in AP hunting as opposed to fresh eggs, but even for the latter Incubate can easily make this situation happen regardless.

So, what I'd maybe like to see, if smth like this were even considered for implementation, are additional hatchling slots that could be purchased on top of the existing ones, for shards. Say, there could be 1 or a couple slots available per trophy level. They get progressively more expensive. If a player doesn't purchase any before they hit the next trophy level, they are still transferred to the next one with the same cost retained. If they DO purchase them at the respective trophy level, they are transferred over to the next one so the shards aren't "wasted".

For example, it could look like this...

• Bronze: 1 hatchling slot for 1,000 shards;
  • Silver: 2 hatchling slots total, for 2,000 and 3,000 shards;
  • Gold: 2 hatchling slots total, for 4,000 and 5,000 shards;
  • Platinum: 3 hatchling slots total, for 6,000, 7,000 and 8,000 shards;

...so that a Platinum user will have access (whether purchased "on time" during the respective level or not) to 8 additional slots total, prices starting with 1k. To unlock them all they'd have to spend a whopping 36k shards in this example.

A Silver Trophy player would only have access to the first three upgrades starting with 1k, all three requiring 6k total.

Feel free to replace the slot numbers and prices with anything else, no idea what would be appropriate, just throwing them out randomly here to illustrate XD 

Edited by Tears in Rain