trystan

Coronavirus Discussion

Our numbers... are going up again. *sigh*

Saturday 39

Sunday 43 in only 89 tests. :o

Monday 39 in 321 tests

Tuesday 74 in 356 tests

for a new total of 12,699 cases. The majority of the new cases are on my island (38, 29, 25, and 59 respectively). One additional death takes that total to 246. :(

(On a completely unrelated note, @Astreya, a German copy of Momo by Michael Ende came into my shop yesterday!)

@Lagie

The rising numbers in your place are worrisome!  And interesting that you got a German language book in your shop!

Meanwhile, in Europe, the current Euro 2020 (sic) football tournament appears to become the super spreader even that sensible people were worried about.

In Scotland, about 2000 people who visited Euro 2020 events showed up as infected with Covid-19: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/30/surge-in-scottish-covid-cases-raises-euro-2020-safety-concerns

Several Danish football fans tested positive for Covid on their return, prompting the health authorities in Denmark to advise about 4000 fans to get tested, too: https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-how-high-is-the-risk-of-contracting-covid-19-in-a-stadium/a-58092284

After the Last 16 match between Germany and England drew about 40 000 spectators in the Wembley stadium in London who partied wildly in the hours after the English team's win, one can only guess how wildly the virus partied with them: https://www.theguardian.com/football/gallery/2021/jun/29/euphoria-as-england-beat-germany-at-euro-2020-in-pictures

Thanks all for wishing me safety! I hope all you and your family members are safe. Remember to stay 1.5 meters away from everyone, even if you have a mask! If things go well, lockdown should end tomorow, but we’ll still have to wear masks. Fortunately, I have a 100 pack of masks on my desk, and I never go outside anyway /j

From today on I count as fully vaccinated! chaka.gif.065a2778db9757b74c24def9af1f303e.gif

In a way it is a bit amusing that I'm the last person in the family to get fully vaccinated as I had some work to do to convince my brother, sister-in-law and her mother who were a bit hesitant at first, but then got faster appointments than I did. My parents (>80 years) fortunately went first in April already. Interestingly we got very different vaccination schemes. My parents (and I think my SiL's mother, too) got BioNTech three weeks apart, my brother and SiL both got AstraZeneca three months apart (for some reason they chose AZ as 2nd jab, too), while I chose to get an mRNA vaccine as 2nd jab (also 12 weeks after my first), and I happened to get Moderna.

--------------

As of today, Thursday, July 1, 10:45 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 57 (-3) active cases, while 10 608 (+6)  people are considered to have recovered. 358 (+-0) persons sadly died. 96 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 023 (+3) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 6.6 (+0.4).

Currently 7 (+-0) persons are treated in hospitals, with 2 (+-0) persons in intensive care, 1 (+-0) of them needs artificial respiration.

There have been 111 842 (1st jab, 53.0%) and 78 244 (2nd jab, 37.1%) vaccinations so far.

[Source: Stadt Oberhausen]

Edited by Astreya

On 6/29/2021 at 6:29 AM, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

If i got the disease, i'd wouldn't get too sick as i'm young,

Cousin of the hubby died at like early thirties, and he was doing some heavy sportsy stuff, his brother spent several weeks in ICU and barely survived. So much for young people being safe.

He got sick really early on (April last year) and they said they can treat some of the complications a lot better now which does save lives, but still. Young people can die from it. And a friend of mine (also early to mid thirties) got LongCovid, she still isn't fully healed over a year after testing negative again.

9 hours ago, Nalyua said:

Cousin of the hubby died at like early thirties, and he was doing some heavy sportsy stuff, his brother spent several weeks in ICU and barely survived. So much for young people being safe.

He got sick really early on (April last year) and they said they can treat some of the complications a lot better now which does save lives, but still. Young people can die from it. And a friend of mine (also early to mid thirties) got LongCovid, she still isn't fully healed over a year after testing negative again.

That's awful! :[

Lockdown ends after today, fortunately, but i won't be going out other than to pick up some tech stuff i ordered online

image.png.46b957ffbd6192ce2921282ee91a5dab.png

@Nalyua

I'm really sorry to read that! Please stay safe!

--------------

As of today, Friday, July 2, 09:00 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 38 (-19) active cases, while 10 627 (+19)  people are considered to have recovered. 358 (+-0) persons sadly died. 102 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 023 (+-0) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 5.2 (-1.4).

Currently 8 (+1) persons are treated in hospitals, with no persons in intensive care.

There have been 114 069 (1st jab, 54.1%) and 80 956 (2nd jab, 38.4%) vaccinations so far.

Edited by Astreya

On 6/30/2021 at 8:03 PM, Lagie said:

Saturday 39

Sunday 43 in only 89 tests. :o

Monday 39 in 321 tests

Tuesday 74 in 356 tests

for a new total of 12,699 cases. The majority of the new cases are on my island (38, 29, 25, and 59 respectively). One additional death takes that total to 246. :(

Wednesday 36 cases (31 on my island)

Thursday 73 cases (66 on my island)

For a new total of 12,808.

No additional deaths.

I'm hoping my sore throat today is literally 'just something I ate' (I think last night's chicken soup was a titch off.).

@Lagie

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!  But fortunately even during the pandemic, not every cold symptoms have to be SARS-CoV-2 related. I still remember when during the second wave my Dad suddenly developed very high fever, cough etc, I was very panicky and literally forced him to get a PCR test at his GP's right away, but it turned out negative, and he "just" had a bad cold.

--------------

As of today, Saturday, July 3, 10:45 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 37 (-1) active cases, while 10 632 (+5)  people are considered to have recovered. 358 (+-0) persons sadly died. 102 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 027 (+4) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 7.1 (+1.9).

Currently 4 (-4) persons are treated in hospitals, with 1 (+1) persons in intensive care who needs artificial respiration.

There have been 114 203 (1st jab, 54.1%) and 81 602 (2nd jab, 38.7%) vaccinations so far.

--------------

As of today, Sunday, July 4, 10:30 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 35 (-2) active cases, while 10 635 (+3)  people are considered to have recovered. 358 (+-0) persons sadly died. 98 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 028 (+1) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 7.6 (+0.5).

Currently 4 (+-0) persons are treated in hospitals, with 1 (+-0) persons in intensive care who needs artificial respiration.

There have been 114 318 (1st jab, 54.2%) and 82 435 (2nd jab, 39.1%) vaccinations so far.

--------------

As of today, Monday, July 5, 08:00 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 37 (+2) active cases, while 10 635 (+-0)  people are considered to have recovered. 358 (+-0) persons sadly died. 94 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 030 (+2) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 8.5 (+0.9).

Currently 4 (+-0) persons are treated in hospitals, with 1 (+-0) persons in intensive care who needs artificial respiration.

There have been 114 428 (1st jab, 54.2%) and 83 215 (2nd jab, 39.4%) vaccinations so far.

--------------

As of today, Tuesday, July 6, 08:00 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 37 (+-0) active cases, while 10 637 (+2)  people are considered to have recovered. 358 (+-0) persons sadly died. 98 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 032 (+2) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 8.1 (-0.4).

Currently 5 (+1) persons are treated in hospitals, with 1 (+-0) persons in intensive care who needs artificial respiration.

There have been 116 235 (1st jab, 55.1%) and 85 008 (2nd jab, 40.3%) vaccinations so far.

Edited by Astreya

Thanks, @Astreya! I'm thinking it was food-related as it's feeling fine this morning, thank goodness.

So far the situation in Germany is mostly stable with a slight rise of cases in the last two days (the average 7-day-incidence for the whole of Germany is 5.1, and the positive rate of all laboratory based PCR tests is 0.96%  atm), but I expect this to change when certain Covid restrictions are loosened again, particularly the things about holidaymakers not having to quarantine properly even when returning from areas where they can freely mix with people from high risk areas. Not really clever, this.

--------------

As of today, Wednesday, July 7, 09:00 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 39 (+2) active cases, while 10 638 (+1)  people are considered to have recovered. 358 (+-0) persons sadly died. 99 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 035 (+3) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 7.1 (-1.0).

Currently 5 (+-0) persons are treated in hospitals, with 1 (+-0) persons in intensive care who needs artificial respiration.

There have been 116 531 (1st jab, 55.2%) and 85 754 (2nd jab, 40.6%) vaccinations so far.

I've got my full protection now and the hubby was also vaccinated once already. Yay for that.

Well, we had the family over on July 4th. It was:

My brother and SIL, both not yet vaccinated.

My sister, BIL, and one of their sons. The son is not vaccinated yet. He had the vaccination scheduled, but cancelled it as it was the day before his inventory at work, and he was afraid of the side effects interfering with his job.

My other nephew and his wife, both vaccinated.

My other nephew and his fiance, both vaccinated.

My mother, son and I. Mom and I are vaccinated. My son refuses to get vaccinated "until it is fully approved". *rolls eyes*

My niece and her husband. Both fully vaccinated.

Missing from the day was my other niece and her fiance, who both had one dose, and are scheduled for dose 2 this week.

-----------------

My mother stayed in the house, and the rest of us stayed outside, except to visit with my mother or use the bathroom. Masks were still mandatory, sanitizer and wipes were available, as we are still trying to keep each other safe.

My niece and her husband were supposed to travel to West Virginia, to see his parents for the first time in 18 months.

Trip is cancelled, as his father tested positive. The sister tested positive. The mother is still testing negative. They are all vaccinated, as the father's heath issues are severe, and he wouldn't survive severe Covid symptoms. Luckily, his symptoms are minor. *knocks wood*

They believe that they caught Covid from their Southern Baptist minister, who had attended a 20,000 person convention, where almost nobody wore a mask. The minister also continued to perform church duties while waiting for his test result, which was positive.

------------------

Anyway, we are in Connecticut, but I saw this good news article about New Jersey.

N.J. reports zero COVID deaths for first time since early days of pandemic. State also reports 145 cases.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/07/nj-reports-zero-covid-deaths-for-first-time-since-early-days-of-pandemic.html

@Nalyua

That's great to read!

@PrincessLucy

I hope everything will turn out okay for you and your loved ones!

Since last week, the Delta variant is the predominant variant in Germany, too. This chart shows how the variants spread here from the beginning of 2021:

Spoiler

vocs.png

--------------

As of today, Thursday, July 8, 09:00 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 40 (+1) active cases, while 10 641 (+3)  people are considered to have recovered. 358 (+-0) persons sadly died. 103 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 039 (+4) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 8.1 (+1.0).

Currently 6 (+1) persons are treated in hospitals, with 1 (+-0) persons in intensive care who needs artificial respiration.

There have been 116 846 (1st jab, 55.4%) and 86 399 (2nd jab, 40.9%) vaccinations so far.

--------------

As of today, Friday, July 9, 09:30 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 43 (+3) active cases, while 10 642 (+1)  people are considered to have recovered. 358 (+-0) persons sadly died. 86 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 043 (+1) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 8.1 (+-0.0).

Currently 6 (+-0) persons are treated in hospitals, with 1 (+-0) persons in intensive care who needs artificial respiration.

There have been 118 488 (1st jab, 56.2%) and 89 008 (2nd jab, 42.2%) vaccinations so far.

--------------

As of today, Saturday, July 10, 11:00 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 43 (+-0) active cases, while 10 643 (+1)  people are considered to have recovered. 359 (+1) persons sadly died. 76 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 045 (+2) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 8.1 (+-0.0).

Currently 2 (-4) persons are treated in hospitals, with 1 (+-0) persons in intensive care who needs artificial respiration.

There have been 118 820 (1st jab, 56.3%) and 89 716 (2nd jab, 42.5%) vaccinations so far.

Edited by Astreya

Well, this is sad... :(

Screenshot_20210710-163753.thumb.jpg.d6abe063b9932fc68c7dec0926046620.jpg

Our case numbers continue to be high. 53, 23, 59, 41. New total as of Thursday is 13,065.

Things looked pretty well with one-digit incidence numbers in the last days, but the authorities in NRW used this to loosen the anti-covid restrictions big time. With the Delta variant having become the dominant virus strain, this is an extremely stupid idea, if you ask me.  - particularly as people saw the low numbers and thought "Oh wow, we defeated Covid, we don't need to be careful anymore!"

And voilà - the numbers are on the rise again...

--------------

As of today, Sunday, July 11, 12:00 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 50 (+7) active cases, while 10 643 (+-0)  people are considered to have recovered. 359 (+-0) persons sadly died. 75 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 052 (+7) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 10.9 (+2.8).

Currently 2 (+-0) persons are treated in hospitals, with 1 (+-0) persons in intensive care with no one  currently needing artificial respiration.

There have been 119 157 (1st jab, 56.5%) and 90 422 (2nd jab, 42.9%) vaccinations so far.

--------------

As of today, Monday, July 12, 12:30 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 55 (+5) active cases, while 10 643 (+-0)  people are considered to have recovered. 359 (+-0) persons sadly died. 74 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 057 (+5) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 12.3 (+1.4).

Currently 2 (+-0) persons are treated in hospitals, with 1 (+-0) persons in intensive care with no one  currently needing artificial respiration.

There have been 119 455 (1st jab, 56.6%) and 91 140 (2nd jab, 43.2%) vaccinations so far.

--------------

As of today, Tuesday, July 13, 09:00 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 57 (+2) active cases, while 10 643 (+-0)  people are considered to have recovered. 360 (+1) persons sadly died. 76 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 060 (+3) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 11.9 (-0.4).

Currently 2 (+-0) persons are treated in hospitals, with no one in intensive care.

There have been 120 694 (1st jab, 57.2%) and 92 566 (2nd jab, 43.9%) vaccinations so far.

Edited by Astreya

Well I decided yesterday that I was going to go to the walk in clinic they had for Covid-19 vaccines. I cancelled the appointment that I made for the 26th of this month and went to the clinic to get my second shot. 

So as of 2pm yesterday, I am fully vaccinated 🥳. That makes 3 of us in the family having both shots, my sister has one.

Edited by Zinogre

2 hours ago, Zinogre said:

So as of 2pm yesterday, I am fully vaccinated 🥳. That makes 3 of us in the family having both shots, my sister has one.

Congrats!

Case numbers still high here.

I wish I could point all the naysayers to this thread (or, I guess I could just round up all the statistics given in this thread). We are doing pretty good here, still getting new Covid cases but also averaging multiple days a week with no new cases. Based on the emails I get, we seem to be averaging about 5-10 new cases a week, and averaging 1 death a week though there have been multiple weeks with no deaths in the past month or two. That said, this thread is proof that this is Not Over yet, and plenty of places have had severe increases in cases after seemingly going way down (the state right next to us, for example...). 

I'm still wearing a mask in any stores or possible-group-settings, despite most places saying it's optional now. I no longer wear a mask when taking my dog for walks, but that was an overabundance of caution to begin with since I rarely even *see* other people during our walks. I'm thankful that many doctor offices are still requiring masks, I just made an eye exam appt (I've needed new glasses for over a year, but covid....) and they said masks are still mandatory there. Also still mandatory at my mom's doctors, and my therapy/psychiatrists office. Also my therapy/psych-care office has been calling all their patients to ask if they've gotten vaccinated, and offering help/rides/etc for anyone who hasn't but wants to. I think that's really nice.

In France, our president just spoke about new restrictions. To sum up, it's about the "sanitary pass" (I don't know if I translate it well) which is proof that you are vaccinated, or a negative PCR test, or proof that you got the covid in the six previous months. I think it was required to present it in order to take the plane and travel for example, but now we will have to present it for going to the restaurant, cinema, shopping center ...

Obviously, as French people get easily upset with the government, a lot of people are screaming that it's a way to force everyone to get the vaccine and that we are in a dictatorship and everything. 😑

However, a lot of people like me are pleased with this. I also think it's a way to get more people vaccinated, and it's a good thing! And it's working, people are flooding again the websites for getting an appointment. 🤭 

The only thing I can blame the government for is the lack of nursing staff and vaccine doses. I want to be vaccinated since the beginning of the year, I waited for an appointment and I'm still waiting for my second dose! (28 July 🙂) So, even if a lot of people now want the "sanitary pass", we will not be able to have it soon and we will have to do a lot of PCR tests (that are going to cost money) in order to basically go outside. 🤔

On 7/13/2021 at 7:36 PM, Zinogre said:

Yay! The more people are vaccinated, the more the virus gets problems to spread and mutate!

@HeatherMarie

Great that things are getting better in your place, but then, fortunately you now have adults at the helm again.

And you are so right that this is not over yet. As soon as you give this bug the slightest wiggle room, it will jump on everybody who is not sufficiently protected and/or careful.

@calona

Yeah, I followed the news from France, too. It seems that you have quite some people there who are "vaccine hesitant". I hope that the force applied to people to get vaccinated won't backfire in that more people will try to get forged passes.

In Germany, the chancellor and federal health minister assured people again that here vaccinations will stay voluntary, as we have sufficient (cov)idiots who still talk about "vaccination dictatorship", too.

Yesterday (or was it the day before?) there was a press conference with Angela Merkel, Jens Spahn (health minister) and Prof.Dr. Lothar Wieler (RKI president), and Lothar Wieler stated that surveys by the RKI showed that there are sufficient people in Germany who will get vaccinated so that there doesn't need to be a law that forces them to. I really hope he's right.

The problem with available vaccine doses was also a problem in Germany in the beginning months of the year, but by now things seem to have relaxed and there is sufficient vaccine available now. The main problem at the moment are people who feel inconvenienced by having to go and get their vaccination as they want to go on vacation and the second jab would take too long, so they just don't go to their appointment and prefer to just get tested. Very stupid, that.

Another problem in my eyes is that the STIKO (German vaccination commission) still doesn't give a clear recommendation to vaccinate kids from 12-18 (just for "vulnerable kids with health conditions"), so that there is a large group of people who currently will mainly stay unvaccinated.

Right now the number of new infections is on the rise again. On Tuesday, the RKI reported 979 new cases in Germany, while last Tuesday there were 624. The numbers are still much lower than during the peaks of the waves, but if you look at the curves, you can see how fast this can explode:

covidcurve.png

[Source: https://www.n-tv.de/infografik/Coronavirus-aktuelle-Zahlen-Daten-zur-Epidemie-in-Deutschland-Europa-und-der-Welt-article21604983.html]

--------------

As of today, Wednesday, July 14, 16:00 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 57 (+-0) active cases, while 10 645 (+2)  people are considered to have recovered. 361 (+1) persons sadly died. 97 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 063 (+3) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 12.3 (+0.4).

Currently 2 (+-0) persons are treated in hospitals, with no one in intensive care.

There have been 121 087 (1st jab, 57.4%) and 92 598 (2nd jab, 43.9%) vaccinations so far.

--------------

As of today, Thursday, July 15, 10:45 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 58 (+1) active cases, while 10 646 (+1)  people are considered to have recovered. 364 (+3) persons sadly died. 132 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 068 (+3) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 12.8 (+0.5).

Currently 3 (+1) persons are treated in hospitals, with no one in intensive care.

There have been 121 438 (1st jab, 57.6%) and 92 691 (2nd jab, 43.9%) vaccinations so far.

--------------

As of today, Friday, July 16, 12:30 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 64 (+6) active cases, while 10 646 (+-0)  people are considered to have recovered. 364 (+-0) persons sadly died. 134 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 074 (+6) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 13.8 (+1.0).

Currently 3 (+-0) persons are treated in hospitals, with no one in intensive care.

There have been 121 917 (1st jab, 57.8%) and 92 700 (2nd jab, 43.9%) vaccinations so far.

--------------

As of today, Saturday, July 17, 11:00 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 62 (-2) active cases, while 10 649 (+3)  people are considered to have recovered. 366 (+2) persons sadly died. 134 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 077 (+3) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 13.8 (+-0.0).

Currently 3 (+-0) persons are treated in hospitals, with no one in intensive care.

There have been 123 870 (1st jab, 58.7%) and 97 303 (2nd jab, 46.1%) vaccinations so far.

--------------

As of today, Sunday, July 18, 11:00 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 66 (+4) active cases, while 10 653 (+4)  people are considered to have recovered. 366 (+-0) persons sadly died. 134 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 085 (+8) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 14.2 (+0.4).

There have been 124 042 (1st jab, 58.8%) and 97 599 (2nd jab, 46.3%) vaccinations so far.

Edited by Astreya

Our numbers are climbing. We have more in hospital; and five now in the ICU, plus a lot of sick-with-Covid unvaccinated nurses. And they reclassified a bunch of deaths so our death count jumped from 256 to 273. :(

Tues - 41 (36 on my island)

Wed - 61 (dunno)

Thurs - 69 (60 on my island)

Fri - 62 (53...)

Sat - 100 (!) (83...)

for a new total of 13,566

@Lagie

Same here. As soon as you give this drat virus the slightest room, it will multiply as if there is no tomorrow.So far the increase is still slow in my place, but I fear it will rocket up now as due to the current flooding situation in several areas here, there is little thought (and possibility) to properly follow the measures in many places.

--------------

As of today, Monday, July 19, 10:00 GMT+2, my home town (population 211 000) has 69 (+3) active cases, while 10 653 (+-0)  people are considered to have recovered. 366 (+-0) persons sadly died. 129 persons are currently quarantined. All in all there have been 11 088 (+3) people who suffered from Covid-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. The number of newly infected people per 100 000 citizens in the last 7 days is 13.3 (-0.9).

There have been 124 158 (1st jab, 58.8%) and 97 933 (2nd jab, 46.4%) vaccinations so far.

That our Health Secretary has COVID-19, and our PM has to isolate due to being in contact with them, all on the day were supposed to end essentially all restrictions, shows you how much of a terrible idea it is.

There really is no need for the UK to have had such a rough time, and the thought that our government will never be properly held accountable really does upset me.

@Kestra15

Yeah, if you look at this, everybody with just a little piece of functioning brain should be able to realise that dropping all restrictions is not exactly the cleverest thing to do...

ukcov.png

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/uk

Edited by Astreya