Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

9 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

Thanks everyone! It took a lot of patience and a bit of Photoshop. :lol:

Ah. I thought that might have been it when I took a look on my laptop. There's a photographer here with those kind of mad skills so I can see the telltale signs. It still looks awesome! :D

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny.

Apparently my front door has finally given up the ghost. And I'm not home. Urgh. (Termites...)

Toppage, page 996! B)

New volume coming soon.

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Apparently my front door has finally given up the ghost. And I'm not home. Urgh. (Termites...)

:o Not good!

So my friends son in law was in a motorcycle accident last night. He was air lifted tto Rochester Mayo Hospital which only means only one thing: head injury. So many people who ride think they know what they're doing, but they don't. When one rides, they let go of the food chain. A deer ran out in front of him. At night. Deer are active mostly at night. NEVER ride at night unless you want to take your life in your own hands. Ride responsibility. I hate to say it, but  head injuy usually equals death. Darn kids !

1 hour ago, Chusi said:

So my friends son in law was in a motorcycle accident last night. He was air lifted tto Rochester Mayo Hospital which only means only one thing: head injury. So many people who ride think they know what they're doing, but they don't. When one rides, they let go of the food chain. A deer ran out in front of him. At night. Deer are active mostly at night. NEVER ride at night unless you want to take your life in your own hands. Ride responsibility. I hate to say it, but  head injuy usually equals death. Darn kids !

So sad!

And if not death, then so often permanent disability of one degree or another.

6 hours ago, Chusi said:

Ride responsibility. I hate to say it, but  head injuy usually equals death. Darn kids !

Very sad. :(

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Indeed. New door needs to be bought, then painted the community colour (buy your own paint, paint it yourself), then installed. Kind of gard to do from the other end of the island.

44 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Kind of hard to do from the other end of the island.

True! No one who can or will do it for you?

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Oh no! So sorry to hear about your door! Are you painting it the same color? Or are you going to get a little frisky and paint it a different color? 🙃

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

True! No one who can or will do it for you?

Trying to find a professional, and Julian has offered to supervise!

4 hours ago, Chusi said:

Oh no! So sorry to hear about your door! Are you painting it the same color? Or are you going to get a little frisky and paint it a different color? 🙃

It has to match, sadly. I'd love to have lilac.

The front door didn't want to close. The back door will not open. I had to slam the front door from inside and sneak out the sliding door. And... neither Julian nor I could get the screws off the car's front licence plate so we had to cut it off. I hope I can get it attached to the new-to-me car tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

And... neither Julian nor I could get the screws off the car's front licence plate so we had to cut it off. I hope I can get it attached to the new-to-me car tomorrow.

Oooh! Tomorrow is the day for your "new" car. Yay!

And that sounds like quite an adventure with your door. XD

Yay for car for sure! I'll insure it en route to work then pay someone to do the ownership transfer and licensing.

The door is insane. XD

15 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The front door didn't want to close. The back door will not open. I had to slam the front door from inside and sneak out the sliding door. And... neither Julian nor I could get the screws off the car's front licence plate so we had to cut it off. I hope I can get it attached to the new-to-me car tomorrow.

sounds like everything all at once.  good luck.

1 minute ago, trystan said:

sounds like everything all at once.  good luck.

I know, right? Thanks!

And... I have a swipe card for the gated community I'm house sitting in. (I'm very proud of my swipe card.) Guess when it expires? :P

Edited by Lagie
Manners

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

And... I have a swipe card for the gated community I'm house sitting in. (I'm very proud of my swipe card.) Guess when it expires? :P

nice.

uhm, it expires the day before you're done house sitting? XD 

Last night at midnight. ;)

So it needs to be renewed today and the car needs to be insured and licenced today and it's a shop day and I'm missing staff. Somehow it will all happen.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny so far. One of the dogs decided I had to wake up before 6 a.m. today, this after a restless mosquito-y night where I didn't get to sleep until after 1 a.m. Sigh.

On 6/12/2023 at 10:42 PM, AsymDoll13 said:

Oof. I can't imagine being called Joe King. lol. And I haven't yet, but maybe one day. I adore King. So far Sleeping Beauties has been.... weird, but then most stuff by King is weird. lol. My favorite is Pet Semetary. It's so good! And Carrie!

Those are both great books! I have a relevant picture if I can find it. If you like Pet Sematary you might also like Revival. It's... bleak. And fantastic.

Reddit continues to be stubborn. There are some news articles if you just search "reddit API." So I'm going to continue to stay off the site for now. There's also a site called reddark where you can see which subreddits are still shut down without actually visiting reddit. Lots of them still are, so I'm hoping the protest will continue until something actually changes.

That's so much going on Lagie, I hope it all works out!

I found it! Relevant Stephen King picture, from Halloween 2021. (Sorry if it's big, I can't do a spoiler box on mobile - on my computer now, fixed it!)

Spoiler

SquareGrid_20211030_11064734.thumb.jpg.4eb5f3cfd59f9767dad520532b96a2d2.jpg

Edited by GhostMouse

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

So it needs to be renewed today and the car needs to be insured and licenced today and it's a shop day and I'm missing staff. Somehow it will all happen.

wow, busy day! good luck with it all 🍀

38 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

I found it! Relevant Stephen King picture, from Halloween 2021

that is awesome!

sunny today.  i have some dragony things happening today too. :D

tonight i have a group get-together at the UU church i've been going to now.  we meet once a month, and i get to lead next month. :)

when i was planning dinner last night, i motioned to what was left (3 pieces of pizza) and asked hubby if that was enough for dinner for him, and mentioned when i was going to leave, and he's all "oh, where are you going tomorrow?" and i'm just going to be patient and explain like i would to a kid for the 93rd time where i'm going.  some time ago, i mentioned that an event i was going to had been on the calendar on the fridge for months, and he says "oh, you mean the calendar i never look at?"  but now that he puts his volunteer dates on that same calendar, he forgets to look at it again. so even though tonight's event has been there for a few months, i just told him "yep, i'm going to a thing at UU.  we meet the second tuesday of each month."  and he'll forget again next month. *sigh*

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Bright and sunny so far. One of the dogs decided I had to wake up before 6 a.m. today, this after a restless mosquito-y night where I didn't get to sleep until after 1 a.m. Sigh.

Not a good start to a busy day. Hope things go better from here out.

1 hour ago, GhostMouse said:

Relevant Stephen King picture, from Halloween 2021

Love it!

17 minutes ago, trystan said:

i have some dragony things happening today too.

Me too. My 100 Day dragon grows up in two hours and I will be breeding her as soon as I can.

With help from a couple of other people I was able to abandon a 2G "purebred Z" Sapphire to make it pink and have it return to my scroll! Pretty pleased that that worked out!

31 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Me too. My 100 Day dragon grows up in two hours and I will be breeding her as soon as I can.

yep, mine too.... and i have her mate already fertilized. :D

31 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

With help from a couple of other people I was able to abandon a 2G "purebred Z" Sapphire to make it pink and have it return to my scroll! Pretty pleased that that worked out!

oh that's awesome! pretty lineage, too.

31 minutes ago, trystan said:

oh that's awesome! pretty lineage, too.

Thanks! All previous offspring have been non-z coded Wisterias, so this was pretty special.

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Last night at midnight. ;)

We were close. lol

3 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

Those are both great books! I have a relevant picture if I can find it. If you like Pet Sematary you might also like Revival. It's... bleak. And fantastic.

Hide contents

SquareGrid_20211030_11064734.thumb.jpg.4eb5f3cfd59f9767dad520532b96a2d2.jpg

This is amazing! 

...What is a 100 Day dragon? I can't remember hearing that term, well reading that term, so maybe I skimmed too quickly. lol 

11 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

...What is a 100 Day dragon? I can't remember hearing that term, well reading that term, so maybe I skimmed too quickly. lol 

in this case, it's a 100 Day Lineage challenge, hosted by purplehaze.  the idea is to build a coherent lineage - usually spiral or stairstep - and see who has the highest gen dragon by the end of the challenge. :D i have a link at the bottom of my sig, '100D'