Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Yes the air purifiers are great we don't have one but I'm on the deck in her air quality seems okay so I don't think it's as bad as they said it was

we have them because Arthur has asthma, and once we got them set up at the beginning of the year, he really hasn't had too many issues with his breathing.  he's supposed to take meds with breakfast and dinner, and even though we can mix the pill in with his food, he doesn't always get it.  he also has an inhaler.... we started out using an areokat spacer that he absolutely hated (we gave him the inhaler meds once or twice since we moved), and then one of the vet techs at his annual appointment suggested an enclosed box for the inhaler, so i made up a box using a big plastic tote.  we got him in there once, and he had his panic attack, but got the inhaler meds.  but we haven't needed it since.  and when he went for his ear check-up last week, the vet said his lungs sound good! so yaay!

as for today's air quality, every so often it kinda smells like someone is burning something.  i'm also sitting next to an open window.  BUT, it's sunny out there.  there is a weird chemical smell that i've been smelling on an off for a number of months.  i'm pretty sure it's from the cracker plant that's like 15 minutes/6 miles away from me.

There's a dog food plant close by good thing we don't live by that or would it would smell like Smokey dog food

Edited by Chusi

I've had asthma attacks where I thought I was going to suffocate I can't imagine if I had an animal suffocating what on earth would one do? No matter how good it's under control it can happen out of the blue.

Edited by Chusi

fortunately, Arthur wasn't suffocating, but he was coughing kinda weirdly and phlegmy, so we took him to the vet, which is where we learned about the asthma.  when he (and like 45 or so other orange cats) was rescued from a hoarding situation in january of 2021, he had respiratory issues, awful teeth & gums, and a hematoma on one ear.  he took close to 6 months to heal up after everything, and we were able to adopt him and his bonded mate, Molly. :D

he's doing MUCH better since the surgery for his second ear hematoma (on the other ear) in April. 🐈

5 hours ago, trystan said:

i have one! it's a Four story with Jamie and K9 (my two fave companions)(at least, i know Jamie is in it!).... but i still haven't listened to it! :blink:

Go listen to it! ;)

5 hours ago, trystan said:

and now it's western PA's turn for icky air quality today and tomorrow.  we also have air purifiers in the house, so that's a good thing.

You stay safe, too!

A friend outside Ottawa is having the same problem.

The rain here has finally stopped and the sun is out. I may get my swim after all.

The smoke is also interfering with air traffic. Flights delayed along the east coast because of poor visibility,

Wow one catastrophe after another! Trystan your kitties are so lucky to have you for their mama!

33 minutes ago, Lagie said:
6 hours ago, trystan said:

i have one! it's a Four story with Jamie and K9 (my two fave companions)(at least, i know Jamie is in it!).... but i still haven't listened to it! :blink:

Go listen to it! ;)

i know i have to! it's got Four, Jamie, Leela, AND K9! and Cybermen, too. :) 

23 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

The smoke is also interfering with air traffic. Flights delayed along the east coast because of poor visibility,

oof. air quality in the county i used to live is like in the 170s and where i am now is upper 90s to low 100s. wow.

2 minutes ago, Chusi said:

Trystan your kitties are so lucky to have you for their mama!

aww, thank you. :) 

Today, there was a mass shooting at a graduation ceremony. I think one dead and nine injured.

i'm sorry. I know better than to post ugly things like this.

Edited by Chusi

yeah, i know.  it's just there's been more mass shootings this year than days of the year so far.  it's beyond insane.

I remember in the 50s the word "divorce" was scandalous.

6 hours ago, Chusi said:

Yes the air purifiers are great we don't have one but I'm on the deck in her air quality seems okay so I don't think it's as bad as they said it was

6 hours ago, trystan said:

we have them because Arthur has asthma, and once we got them set up at the beginning of the year, he really hasn't had too many issues with his breathing.

....huh. I know you're talking about your cat, but I kinda wonder if I should get an air purifier....

5 hours ago, Chusi said:

I've had asthma attacks where I thought I was going to suffocate I can't imagine if I had an animal suffocating what on earth would one do? No matter how good it's under control it can happen out of the blue.

yeah, it's pretty scary. I was diagnosed when I was young, but I didn't really have a really bad attack until January 2021; it was REALLY scary cuz that was when COVID was still a pretty big deal and I was like "omg, I hope I don't have COVID". It took me a lot of will power not to hyperventilate and just take as deep a breath as I could.

pretty sure animals don't have the same level of understanding u_u

1 hour ago, WaterScorpion said:

....huh. I know you're talking about your cat, but I kinda wonder if I should get an air purifier....

it's helped hubby, i think

1 hour ago, WaterScorpion said:

It took me a lot of will power not to hyperventilate and just take as deep a breath as I could.

pretty sure animals don't have the same level of understanding u_u

no, i don't think they do.  arthur had a panic attack when we put him in the box i'd made for his inhaler that one time, and really wanted to get the **** out of there.  and he has small panic attacks when he has to go in the carrier for vet visits.

I'm pretty sure any animal {including us} has rhe same level of asthma problems. The thing with animals is, they hide their distress whereas we don't. A cat wor dog will hide their distress until it's almost too late if someone notices in time.  I've attacks where I mean I could not take a breath. Once I thought I was literally going to suffocate.Scary thing to have.

Edited by Chusi

1 hour ago, Chusi said:

well that's interesting

1 minute ago, Chusi said:

I'm pretty sure any animal {including us} has rhe same level of asthma problems. The thing with animals is, they hide their distress whereas we don't. A cat wor dog will hide their distress until it's almost too late if someone notices in time.

very true.  cats are good at hiding their pain.

2 hours ago, Chusi said:

Today, there was a mass shooting at a graduation ceremony. I think one dead and nine injured.

:(

Ukraine's had flooding due to a burst dam. They're not sure yet the cause.

2 hours ago, Chusi said:

Yup. And a single mother in the 60s was an abnormality. My mother had to have Mrs on her department store credit card as they refused to issue one that said Miss to a woman with a child.

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Ukraine's had flooding due to a burst dam. They're not sure yet the cause.

Russia.  it's always Russia.

3 hours ago, trystan said:

it's just there's been more mass shootings this year than days of the year so far. 

Scary, no? Too many guns. Only in America.

56 minutes ago, trystan said:

Russia.  it's always Russia.

Yep. Russia is being blamed. And most likely should be.

13 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Scary, no? Too many guns. Only in America.

Yep. Russia is being blamed. And most likely should be.

very scary.

and i'm sure they're responsible

Headed to the neurologist today from when I was in the hospital. I get an MRI soon (yay my favorite lol), and then we'll go from there. He's still not sure if it was a stroke, or if it's something like MS... So we'll see. He's a very nice doctor though. 

Going tomorrow to dogsit, and we're taking Baozi piggie, since she's lonely without Thistle. Bestie is currently cutting up a box to keep her in for a couple of days. She'll be fine. 

Other than that... easy day of cleaning. Mostly piggie cages... Ugh. XD 

OH! Emma's mama cat finally showed up with her latest baby! A little boy! So cute! I'm obsessed!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with marula jelly*

Bright and sunny. I have now finished all the puzzles I brought with me. :P

Kittens are cute! Have fun dogsitting, @AsymDoll13!

12 hours ago, trystan said:

and i'm sure they're responsible

Most likely. I wonder if Askania-Nova will be affected.