Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

In 26 years I've seen hubby read one book, written by a personal friend, and he read the entire book in one sitting.

Edited by Chusi

3 minutes ago, Chusi said:

In 26 years I've seen him read one book, written by a personal friend, and he read the entire book in one sitting.

well that's kinda impressive, actually.

It was a book about this guys mothers desent into mental illness and what she went through. Long book. Very intense. I didn't read it. Too sad.

How many books do you think you've read in your lifetime Trystan?

wow, that sounds intense.

well, goodreads says I've read 943 books since i started keeping track in 2008, but I'm sure I've easily read a few thousand - there were about 37 years i didn't really keep track like i do now! XD 

yep.  if you can see my sig, the "g" graphic in the second line of graphics will take you to my goodreads profile.  there's also this link if you don't see sigs.  I'm not sure what all you can see before it asks you to sign in or sign up though.

(you can always keep closing the pop up though! XD )

Um. I can't see print on paper. Just words with light behind them, like a computer screen. I listen to books though, like the Bible.

well, audiobooks count :) 

i've just never been able to get into them.

I think they are alright. Maybe you could listen to a book and crochet at the same time.

most likely not.  i'll watch shows on the tv and crochet but i don't think i could listen with no video XD 

weird, i know, since a lot of the shows i watch i mostly listen to. maybe i just need the video component?

Edited by trystan

I used to listen to audio books while traveling back and forth between here and northwest PA -- about a 6-hour drive.

i like the sort order of your dragons

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I used to listen to audio books while traveling back and forth between here and northwest PA -- about a 6-hour drive.

well that makes sense.  i listen to my mp3 player that has all sorts of music on it.  and when i go back east, i know I'm getting close to either Bucks or Beaver counties when the radio stations come in clearly!

5 minutes ago, trystan said:

when the radio stations come in clearly!

Yeah, not much to listen to through the middle of the state! Too many mountains blocking signals. I guess if you had satellite radio it might work, but I didn't.

Bad thing about audio books -- I once got so absorbed in the story that I missed my exit! XD

Edited by purplehaze

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Yeah, not much to listen to through the middle of the state! Too many mountains blocking signals. I guess if you had satellite radio it might work, but I didn't.

you need sirius satelite radio! then you can listen to anything anywhere! except the car wash

6 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Yeah, not much to listen to through the middle of the state! Too many mountains blocking signals. I guess if you had satellite radio it might work, but I didn't

nope, no satellite radio. my mom has it in her car though 

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Bad thing about audio books -- I once got so absorbed in the story that I missed my exit! XD

oops! what story was it?

5 minutes ago, Chusi said:

you need sirius satelite radio! then you can listen to anything anywhere! except the car wash

lol! that's kinda funny 

15 minutes ago, trystan said:

oops! what story was it?

I don't remember, but most of what I listened to were cozy mysteries.

9 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I don't remember, but most of what I listened to were cozy mysteries.

oh I get that.  I read them too

Edited by trystan

I like audiobooks... I just keep forgetting I have audiobooks. xD

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Rainy day. I'm happy to have nowhere to go. I hope they do okay at the shop without me.

I sometimes listen to the Big Finish audioplays. They're Doctor Who based and usually very good.

I want to like audiobooks, but I need to do something with my hands when I listen. Sometimes I knit or draw. I think I prefer physical books because I can read them at my own pace, and it's easier to go back a few pages to check details or maps. Audiobooks are definitely great for long road trips, though.

It's been super hazy out recently because of the wildfires in Canada. I've got my air purifier on, but I'm dying. DX

1 minute ago, Gizmohihi said:

It's been super hazy out recently because of the wildfires in Canada. I've got my air purifier on, but I'm dying. DX

Very hazy here, too, today. You can definitely smell the smoke. My daughter-in-law who has asthma is suffering.

We get smoke too, from Canada and when the air current is out of the west from Cali. I just now heard on Fox news that there's air quality alerts in Mass and MN where I'm at. I have asthma also, so I guess I'm staying inside today. 🤔It's not fair. I spend almost half of the year inside because of the weather already. I think later, I'm going to take my dog and her giant bone out on the deck, and double dose my asthma meds and go on the deck anyway. ok I just saw a report that we should all stay inside, so there goes that idea. New York is the worst in history. No summer school kids outside either

Edited by Chusi

I do origami while I'm listening, or cut out price tags for my shop.

That sucks about your air quality, all three of you. Stay safe!

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

They're Doctor Who based and usually very good.

i have one! it's a Four story with Jamie and K9 (my two fave companions)(at least, i know Jamie is in it!).... but i still haven't listened to it! :blink:

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

That sucks about your air quality, all three of you. Stay safe!

and now it's western PA's turn for icky air quality today and tomorrow.  we also have air purifiers in the house, so that's a good thing.