Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Yesterday's rain has cooled things off a bit here, though I doubt it's anywhere near as cold as the rest of you. Bright and sunny so far. I have errand-y stuff to do today.

Morning toppage, page 851! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

hullo.

it's monday. XD

however, i made a few calls and did some adulting totally not related to work XD

and it's still not wednesday for my dragons to breed. XD

edit 1: also, i have on my calendar that i want to breed a Script x Pryanost for a male Script, and then a Script x Pryanost for the female Pryanost when it's seasonal breeding time.  but i don't have NAMES for either the Script or the Pryanost. i KNOW they're part of my Dune dragons (and so i know what the 2023 Pryanost will be!), but what the heck are the names of the dragons that i plan to breed THIS year? XD

edit2: i have names. :D

Edited by trystan

Just ordered groceries from Kroger, and welp. It's over 200 dollars, but... it was mostly things we needed, soo.... Groceries are so expensive nowadays. 

3 hours ago, trystan said:

it's monday. XD

It is. XD

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Groceries are so expensive nowadays. 

They are, aren't they?

The phone company gave me 5 gigs of bonus data this week! :o I barely made a dent in the 2 gigs they gave me last week, and now I have 5! Music videos, here I come.

I did my errands, strung some cranes, finished piecing out the third Minecraft set, and started gluing features on pompom mice. I have to have those finished by Friday 

28 minutes ago, Lagie said:
3 hours ago, trystan said:

it's monday. XD

It is. XD

all day, as my dad would have said.

maybe one day this week i'll do that Script x Pryanost breeding for the Script, so i have him bred and ready for next year?

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Some of the items I buy regularly have doubled in price over the last few months. I have a hard time seeing any justification for that. Nobody doubled my income, either!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

The phone company gave me 5 gigs of bonus data this week! 

That would last me forever the way I use my phone. I used 0.02 gigs last week. XD

Been working at trying to get the forum Secret Santa ready to roll. Most of our previous mods are not really able to help this year. Fortunately the one who handled the spreadsheet end of things is still around! I would be lost on that. We added two new mods, which will help once they get up to speed.

3 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

20 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Some of the items I buy regularly have doubled in price over the last few months. I have a hard time seeing any justification for that.

it's crazy!

i try to buy store brand items of a LOT of things, and that helps a bit.

We try to buy store brand stuff, but my friend's dad likes Stouffers and stuff, so that's expensive. 

I shaved my legs tonight, and I somehow managed to cut them... They sting. Ow.....

12 hours ago, purplehaze said:

That would last me forever the way I use my phone.

Sadly it doesn't roll over, or it would last me a while, too. I have a .6 gig plan and most weeks that's just right.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

The electrician is coming today for wiring the new shed! And we're going to start moving donations out of the shop into the shed. *happy dance*

morning all.

cold here, kinda like winter.  but that's PA for you, and i don't think it matters which side of the mountains we're on for that!

a good thing about where we moved to is that there won't be any nor'easters or tropical storm remnants out this way! XD

i'll probably breed my Script x Pyranost for the Script part of the breeding (for next year) tomorrow when i breed Shala and D'Argo again.  and WILL remember to influence this time!

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

cold here, kinda like winter.  but that's PA for you, and i don't think it matters which side of the mountains we're on for that!

a good thing about where we moved to is that there won't be any nor'easters or tropical storm remnants out this way! XD

And you are too far south to get the lake effect snow from Lake Erie. ;)

Cold here this morning, too. And rainy. Yuk!

54 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

this is also true.... but i'm also like 2 hours south of Erie.... so who knows? 🤷‍♀️

It rained all night. But I think it's stopped today? I dunno. It looks cold out there though, so cold...

it was dry last night.... but now it's snowing! wee! (and i'm going shopping later! XD but that's like 5 minutes away.  but uphill on the way home XD

1 hour ago, trystan said:
2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

this is also true.... but i'm also like 2 hours south of Erie.... so who knows? 🤷‍♀️

That is too far south. I grew up halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie and we were just on the edge of that snow belt. Sometimes we got lake snow and sometimes we didn't. But it shouldn't be a concern where you are.

1 minute ago, trystan said:

but now it's snowing!

Oh, fun!

8 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

That is too far south. I grew up halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie and we were just on the edge of that snow belt. Sometimes we got lake snow and sometimes we didn't. But it shouldn't be a concern where you are.

sounds good to me then!

isn't it fun? it's snowing pretty good now, and just starting to stick on our cars and the grass.  i'll probably be out shopping in about an hour or so.....

Let's see... I started the day wishing I could stay home.

The new executive director dweeb actually spoke to me today... because he wanted to buy something that had come in as a donation. :rolleyes:

We moved a heapton of stuff into the new shed. *happy dance*

I rebuilt the metal shelves at the now-empty back of the shop (OMG the dust!) and filled them with shoes. *happier dance*

I picked up the hard copy of the letter to get me out of jury duty...

And then... looking for a next book to read, I found a set of LEGO instruction booklets I've been looking for since my birthday (Sept 20th... so almost two months)! Huzzahs! :)

I have had a good day, indeed, considering I'd wanted to stay home. XD

Shoeseses!

Screenshot_20221115-175742.thumb.jpg.7f1d0639d90a5f6398e5fba542b0a189.jpg

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I have had a good day, indeed, considering I'd wanted to stay home. XD

yaay!

yesterday i got my book i'd ordered from the bookstore back by where i used to live.  i told the bookstore that i'd probably still order from them..... but then i found a little local bookstore about 20 minutes away.... hmm... 🤔

1 hour ago, trystan said:

yesterday i got my book i'd ordered from the bookstore back by where i used to live.  i told the bookstore that i'd probably still order from them..... but then i found a little local bookstore about 20 minutes away.... hmm... 🤔

Alternate?

Cutting out price tags this evening.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Alternate?

that was actually my thought as well.  i'm buying books from two different series, and maybe i'll finish buying the Dune books from the store near where i used to live, and buy the Dragonlance books from the store near me now.  of course, it also depends on the shipping costs from the one near where i used to live....

Ooo~ Books. Gosh I love them. lol

I'm rereading the Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix. It's so good! 

On 11/14/2022 at 12:30 PM, AsymDoll13 said:

Just ordered groceries from Kroger, and welp. It's over 200 dollars, but... it was mostly things we needed, soo.... Groceries are so expensive nowadays. 

everything is expensive nowadays

yay books. currently getting through the wheel of time series, only read the first two books so far.

I've never read that, but I think I have heard of it before... maybe? I dunno. I like books, so... lol

i need to get back to reading. i'll just request something from the library because library books take priority because they have a due date.

also for our new tv being a smart tv, it's kinda stupid. rant back here~

Spoiler

i've attempted to watch three shows on it. the first show was last sunday and it took some fiddling to get the comcast to finally turn on. i don't remember what i did.  in the end i missed the first like 5 minutes of the show, so a few days later i watched the first 5 minutes on my recording before deleting it.  so tonight, i watched a show on the tv, i turned on, and there was the comcast.  so when it was over, i turned the tv to the next channel, because my next show was an hour later.  so i come back up to the "smart" tv a little before my second show tonight.... and all i get is the smart tv options.  no comcast.  i try pushing logical buttons and some that would make no sense (page up?) and nothing.  still the smart tv stuff.  after 20 minutes, i come back downstairs, and hubby says i can watch the show down here, because he needs to go charge his phone in the bedroom, since the charger down here is discharging. oof.  so i'm watching my show on the recording, not the actual live tv.  it should not take 20 minutes and still not have the comcast on the tv - we have a comcast remote.  it's kinda frustrating. yeesh.

Hope everyone is has had a great day/night so far.

Trying to stay sane at work right now. I'm all for being friendly with customers, especially the regulars, but when a quick "Hi how was your day?" turns into a 5 minute run on about the same thing they always talk about, it drives me a bit mad. It feels like I'm trapped and have to entertain the interaction. I suppose I could have worse problems haha.

It's been a dry but chilly day today; it's weird to think that this time last month it was hot enough to wear shorts!