Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

turns out hubby essentially did a hard reset on the tv and now it works.

but what happened from the time i turned off the tv after one show and turned it on again an hour later? *sigh*

Smart televisions are the wildest things, and so are things like Rokus and Firesticks.

For my brother's birthday, my parents got him a Roku thing (it's like an Amazon firestick, only cheaper?) and he uses it to watch Youtube. He was on the phone with me the other night, and his Roku went to sleep after he paused it. When he turns it back on, it always puts him into an ad and he hates it. It was so amusing to hear him rant, but it's not the worst thing, and he could probably figure it out if he tried, but meh. He's lazy. xD

I should crochet since I'm not doing anything else... 

51 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Smart televisions are the wildest things,

agreed!

younger daughter has a Roku.  when she was home during 2020 and 21, she'd watch netflix and play Animal Crossing on it.  now it probably sits there because she's crazy busy all the time these days.

edit: i don't know where my mittens went, so i'm making myself a new pair. i'll probably finish tomorrow?

Edited by trystan

8 hours ago, LegendOfKorraFan said:

but when a quick "Hi how was your day?" turns into a 5 minute run on about the same thing they always talk about, it drives me a bit mad.

Yup. Some of my regulars drive me nuts, too. XD It's like a breath of fresh air when someone new comes in!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Sunny and bright.

I have finished my pompom mice so now I just have to box everything up for transporting and I'll be ready for the weekend.

I am going to actually have to see and probably use the new roundabout that I've been avoiding as it's right at the entrance to where the Jollification is. *sighs*

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

I am going to actually have to see and probably use the new roundabout that I've been avoiding as it's right at the entrance to where the Jollification is. *sighs*

urk, that's annoying.

i'm expecting an email today from someone for work to follow up on something i emailed almost 2 weeks ago, AND an email tomorrow (from the same person) on something else i emailed back at the end of september.  i'll bet i'll have to follow up monday for both of 'em.  yeesh.

today is recycling day - where we moved to doesn't have curbside recycling pick-up like our previous place did.  but there's a recycling center about 10 minutes away that's open until 5 on Wednesdays (Mon, Tues, and Thurs they close at 3:30, so that doesn't work for me, even though i'm done work at 3).  so wednesday is recycling day - pile it into the car and drop it off.  it's not so bad.

Hello everyone! 

I took a vacation last week to see my sister out in Seattle with my husband. The flight there was... problematic to say the least. It was supposed to depart at 6pm and instead left at 11pm! By that point we were just thankful there was going to be a flight that night at all. It was cold and windy in Seattle but we had a great time and got to see my sister's new house and meet her dog. I also got to help her with some wedding planning and we looked for a bridesmaid's dress for me. By chance, my husband's oldest sister also lives near Seattle, only an hour away, and we got to meet up with her as well.

In other news, I am glad to join the Secret Santa mod crew this year! Sign-ups are now open if anyone wants to join in and there are a couple giveaways that have already been posted in the thread (open to anyone, not just Secret Santa participants).

7 hours ago, trystan said:

pile it into the car and drop it off.  it's not so bad.

At least you have recycling! May I send you mine? ;)

3 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

took a vacation last week to see my sister out in Seattle with my husband

Sounds like a fun trip in spite of the late start. Welcome back!

Urgh. Why do people think it's okay to a) steal from a thrift shop, and b) try to offer barely a quarter of the price of the items and then say we're 'treating them bad' when we don't agree to the deal? :wacko:

Hello CPA, coming back to dragon cave for the first time in like 5 years (actually came back on halloween to snatch up new dragons and got sucked back into it. I only just now figured out how to log back into my forum account after forgetting the password and email rip) and boy it just hit me that my dc account is gonna be 15 years next year

19 minutes ago, Lagie said:

At least you have recycling! May I send you mine? ;)

true.... but no, sorry. ;) 

19 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Urgh. Why do people think it's okay to a) steal from a thrift shop, and b) try to offer barely a quarter of the price of the items and then say we're 'treating them bad' when we don't agree to the deal? :wacko:

seriously? yikes!  if you don't like the price.... don't buy it then.

6 minutes ago, SoraBbb said:

my dc account is gonna be 15 years next year

congrats! my Scroll just turned 14 last week! :) 

45 minutes ago, SoraBbb said:

Hello CPA, coming back to dragon cave for the first time in like 5 years (actually came back on halloween to snatch up new dragons and got sucked back into it. I only just now figured out how to log back into my forum account after forgetting the password and email rip) and boy it just hit me that my dc account is gonna be 15 years next year

Welcome back! :D Long time, no see. I hope all is well. *sets out celebratory brownies*

39 minutes ago, trystan said:

seriously? yikes!  if you don't like the price.... don't buy it then

I said pretty much exactly that this morning to a lady who was erm... griping about the price of a beautiful beaded cushion. :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I said pretty much exactly that this morning to a lady who was erm... griping about the price of a beautiful beaded cushion. :rolleyes:

maybe she should shop around to see what other places sell beautiful beaded cushions for, and then see if it's still available at your store.  i'll bet someone else in the meantime will buy it for what you've asked for it.

2 hours ago, SoraBbb said:

Welcome back! That's rather old. Mine is only like a year. Hee. 

11 hours ago, trystan said:

maybe she should shop around to see what other places sell beautiful beaded cushions for,

Ha! I seriously doubt she'd put in the effort. I, however, did for something else that we sell for 6 - 9 usully. In stores here, same thing starts at 24!

11 hours ago, SoraBbb said:

I have to try to remember how the forum works now, lol

The forum server changed so a bunch of stuff is different. Feel free to ask questions if you can't find things. ;)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brrownies, and toast with marula jelly*

Sunny and bright. I need to work out, and start using, a system for the incoming donations so we don't build up the same in-shop backlog.

14 hours ago, SoraBbb said:

Welcome back! I have been around since Oct. 2008.

18 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

I took a vacation last week to see my sister out in Seattle with my husband.

Always nice to get together with family. My sister is in AZ and it has been a long time....

15 hours ago, Lagie said:

Because people are stoopid! The depth of said stupidity always amazes me.

Good morning, CPA!

I just scheduled my annual mammogram -- make sure you do that, ladies! The poor woman on the phone was just getting over Covid + a head cold and sounded awful. She also tried to schedule me too soon (has to be a year and a day at least for the insurance) and at the wrong center. I think she should have been at home in bed!

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

Ha! I seriously doubt she'd put in the effort. I, however, did for something else that we sell for 6 - 9 usully. In stores here, same thing starts at 24!

heh good point.

ah, cool! what did you get? :D

15 hours ago, SoraBbb said:

seconding Lagie - feel free to asked questions! or PM too. :)

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I just scheduled my annual mammogram -- make sure you do that, ladies! The poor woman on the phone was just getting over Covid + a head cold and sounded awful. She also tried to schedule me too soon (has to be a year and a day at least for the insurance) and at the wrong center. I think she should have been at home in bed!

my year and a day takes me to february, and i think the Dr i made an appointment with in January, their health system also has drs for mammograms as well.  Hopefully the lady you spoke with feels better soon!

21 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

I took a vacation last week to see my sister out in Seattle with my husband.

sorry your flight was out of sorts :(

as it turns out, i should be able to go back east to see my mom either on thanksgiving, the day after, or both. :)

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Not a bad idea, but... I mean... I have no health insurance, so it makes it hard. 

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

(has to be a year and a day at least for the insurance) 

Your insurance company isn't named after a fairy tale, is it? A year and a day is something from fairy tales.

2 hours ago, trystan said:
18 hours ago, SoraBbb said:

seconding Lagie - feel free to asked questions! or PM too. :)

Me, too. Whatever I don't know, I'll make up!

*happy happy happy happy happy happy happy dance*

The 'I can't use the words I want to about him at the forum' executive director was let go yesterday!

HUZZAH! I get to keep my office! :D

Back to your usual activities now, people.