Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

11 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Hi guys! Whew, bit of a busy day. 

This morning I woke up at 11 am and rolled over to see a Lucy cat, who promptly meowed at me. lol. Was so cute! She doesn't usually sleep in here, but my friend's dad is out of town visiting family, so we left the door ajar. After laying around for a little bit (aka until friend decided to join the world of waking), we did a grocery shop, brought those home, sat around for a little while to cool off since it's quite warm out. My friend's lungs also suffered in their second bout of Covid in January, so... not great for walking and whatnot for long periods. After that, we fed the kitties/guinea pigs (inside cats and outside) and decided that tonight would be a wonderful night to eat out. Longhorns was yummy af. Finally back home, my tummy is too full, and I had to clean up the piggie cages, take the trash out and take it up to the road. It's not a long-long day, per se, but I'm tired. I had Covid in January too, and it just still makes me so tired. So yeah. Explains why I haven't been on. lol

That IS a busy day! I hope you both are well rested now

8 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

I.. I tried to not cry. I saw the time, looked over and the egg was already..

Oh man. I hope the owner has a forum and if not, I'll just wait for next week ^^;

I am sorry friend, I hope they return it ❤️

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

@IzzyCat91 Was it you who said all the Pinks you got had gone male? I have a female-influenced Pink hatchie that you can have if you need it.

Yes and yes please!

work was ROUGH and if I'm on the same project again tomorrow, I am taking the point and coming home, I physically can not do it two days in a row.

also I GOT MY BLACK ZYU!!! I finally traded for one! now I have a complete set!

1 minute ago, IzzyCat91 said:

am sorry friend, I hope they return it ❤️

They did! :D

I'm so happy for you, @LadyAngeliki! :)

also I GOT MY BLACK ZYU!!! I finally traded for one! now I have a complete set!

Congrats! :)

work was ROUGH and if I'm on the same project again tomorrow, I am taking the point and coming home, I physically can not do it two days in a row.

Oof. That sounds tough.

The doves have now polished off the remaining cat food.

53 minutes ago, Lagie said:

They did! :D

I'm so happy for you, @LadyAngeliki! :)

Congrats! :)

Oof. That sounds tough.

The doves have now polished off the remaining cat food.

YAY!

Thanks!

Yeah our lift assist has been disabled because they are trying to install a rail system to make the line fully automatic but they haven't finished it so now we have to team lift/manually load these 50 lbs totes onto the line and I got stuck doing it for the whole 12 hours (well minus the like 4 we went to the other line because ours broke down) and my hips, back, and hands hurt. On top of that, we are responsible for removing the plastic inserts after the tote is empty, separating totes that are stickered and non-stickered AND moving the skids of now empty totes to the lanes behind our line for the fork lifts to pick up for returns....with just 2 people.....all day. 

Yeah, not doing it 2 days in a row lol

Edited by IzzyCat91
spelling error

27 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Yeah our lift assist has been disabled because they are trying to install a rail system to make the line fully automatic but they haven't finished it so now we have to team lift/manually load these 50 lobs totes onto the line and I got stuck doing it for the whole 12 hours (well minus the like 4 we went to the other line because ours broke down) and my hips, back, and hands hurt. On top of that, we are responsible for removing the plastic inserts after the tote is empty, separating totes that are stickered and non-stickered AND moving the skids of now empty totes to the lanes behind our line for the fork lifts to pick up for returns....with just 2 people.....all day. 

Yeah, not doing it 2 days in a row lol

Oh, that sounds exhausting!

And Pink hatchie coming your way. Watch your PMs. :)

12 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Oh, that sounds exhausting!

And Pink hatchie coming your way. Watch your PMs. :)

it really is.

Thank you!

morning all!

so i found DC when i started seeing eggs on people's LiveJournals.  i probably asked an LJ friend about them, and then went looking for LJ communities to post my eggs... and then, as i did back then, i started my own LJ community where people could post all their adoptables.  it still gets traffic a few times a year, although there hasn't been any this year yet XD  in fact, my Zero-Click dragons were made on the LJ communities - i just posted the image of the egg or hatchie, so it couldn't be clicked.

i popped into the forums back then too, because i guess i knew enough that the forum wasn't the same website as the cave.  i DO have one of my sites where the forum is the same url as the creatures, so when the site is wonky you have to see updates on twitter. back then, the forum was... weird.  i didn't post much here then.  i'd follow along with the News threads, but that was pretty much it.  and then when i jumped back in Spring of 2019, i came back to the forums too, and it's been great fun ever since! :D

my Seawryms will hatch this afternoon, and then i can go back to stalking for CB Nebs and Antareans. :)

Edited by trystan

I found DC by clicking on an egg in someone's signature on Gaia Online's forum back in 2013. Funny enough, that is also how TJ09 came up with the idea of DragCave a couple of years previously! XD 

On 2/7/2013 at 4:55 PM, TJ09 said:

Where'd you get the idea for DC?

I was browsing Gaia Online one rainy weekend, and someone had one of those simple pets in their signature (the ones where they get clicks, and I think hatch after a fixed amount of time). And I decided, "hey, I could code something like that." So I did.

I found this site from people discussing it on Pokefarm Q. I had zero idea what it was, so I googled it, and boom. Never looked back. lol

Good morning to you too, Lagie! :D Last night, I wrote an entire paragraph about the wonders of ad blocking and wondered, "is this real life?"

I don't remember how I found DC honestly, lol

Woke up waaaaaay to early, so am hunting for ginks' egg.

Think my brother may have gotten me sick, I feel awful but no fever and no covid so there's that. My head, throat, and ears hurt, I'm sneezing ALOT, I'm congested/have runny nose, and I FEEL hot, but my temp was 98.1 so definitely not a fever (running colder than normal for me actually) so either he got me sick, i have something completely different, or it's my seasonal allergies x10 kicking my butt lol debating on going in to work (I'm at 2/7 points and JUST got my verbal "warning" yesterday for attendance because corporate is a bunch of goofballs)

aren't seasonal allergies fun in The Times of Covid?

if i'm sneezing, have itchy, watery eyes, and my antihistamine works, that's good enough for me.

i'm also looking for ginks' egg :)

I called off work. I can't shake this headache and I feel like absolute garbage (I also didn't sleep well because I was congested, and my throat was on FIRE half the morning) Gonna wait until it's time to wake Ben up, see him off, and take some Nyquil to try and sleep it off. we'll see how that goes. I have tomorrow and Thursday off so hopefully by the weekend I'll be back to normal.

Sorry you are feeling unwell, Izzy. Hope the Nyquil and sleep will do the trick.

Feel better soon, Izzy!

I spent most of my day hauling donations from my office and reception to my shop. With no internet at work, I couldn't do any of the other part of my job.

8 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I found this site from people discussing it on Pokefarm Q.

Hey, I play Pokefarm too!! 👀

Feel better soon, @IzzyCat91!! 💖

I found DC after failing to get back into Neopets and googling "pet sims." I truly thought I'd abandon it after a few weeks like I usually do with games! DC actually led me to a few other games which I still play too. I'm very thankful to have found it. 

2 hours ago, sleepymuggle said:

Hey, I play Pokefarm too!! 👀

I'm AsymDoll on there too! lol

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I took the Nyquil around 5:30 pm and JUST woke up about an hour ago. Am slightly improved but still feel gross (Head and ears are still full of pressure but the pain is almost gone, throat is still sore but not as bad, congested but not to where I can't breathe) Gonna eat and drink me some tea and relax.

I hope you all are having a good day :3

Get better Izzy! We need ya around to hang out on this thread! ^^

ah man, I remember Pokefarm....good times

also neopets, but after I reset my cache one time, I tried to log back in and accidentally put in the wrong password too many times and locked myself out. unfortunately I couldn't remember the email address to look up the reset password request (I knew which email, just not how it was structured, as it was an old school email) and neopets did NOT respond to my messages explaining the situation and asking them to send it to a different email, so unfortunately I can no longer play it 😞

get well soon izzy 😧

in other news, my new computer came in 🥳

7 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I took the Nyquil around 5:30 pm and JUST woke up about an hour ago. Am slightly improved but still feel gross (Head and ears are still full of pressure but the pain is almost gone, throat is still sore but not as bad, congested but not to where I can't breathe) Gonna eat and drink me some tea and relax.

I hope you all are having a good day :3

Glad to hear you’re feeling better! :) Hoping you have a good day, too. :3

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny.

I came early to the house sit to feed the dogs as I was told the husband was leaving at 7 and wouldn't have time. To my surprise (and his at seeing me), he's still here. Oops.

6 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

ah man, I remember Pokefarm....good times

also neopets, but after I reset my cache one time, I tried to log back in and accidentally put in the wrong password too many times and locked myself out. unfortunately I couldn't remember the email address to look up the reset password request (I knew which email, just not how it was structured, as it was an old school email) and neopets did NOT respond to my messages explaining the situation and asking them to send it to a different email, so unfortunately I can no longer play it 😞

get well soon izzy 😧

in other news, my new computer came in 🥳

Aw, shame about your neopets! I had that happen with my FF14 account. was a sad day.

Yay new computer!

32 minutes ago, RegalPlumewing said:

Glad to hear you’re feeling better! :) Hoping you have a good day, too. :3

thank you both :3 I am feeling MUCH improved now, still a little bit of a dry raspy throat, sneezing my head off and coughing (because my throat is scratchy really) no more congestion but pressure still in my head and ears a bit. I think staying home was the nest thing I could have done. I napped and played my game lol

9 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny.

I came early to the house sit to feed the dogs as I was told the husband was leaving at 7 and wouldn't have time. To my surprise (and his at seeing me), he's still here. Oops.

Morning Lagie.

oops! Miscommunication?