Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Good morning, CPA! Hope you slept well! :) Last night, I had a dream that was like something out of a young adult fantasy novel. The specifics are kinda fuzzy, but I remember there being something about shapeshifting, other magic powers, fishing hooks, and the word Imperials. What are some weird dreams you've had?

I used to have flying dreams. I love those! :)

Nowadays I have shop 'nightmares' usually based on some stupid customer I had the day before. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Lagie said:

Eeps. I hope they and you guys are okay.

So far all negative! Thanks :3

6 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

:wub: I did it! My first lyrical lineage is complete! https://dragcave.net/lineage/RzBLa

Lovely, great work!

6 hours ago, trystan said:

wow! thanks Izzy! i do have Ford Prefect on my name list.  i'll have to look at the characters of some of those i'm familiar with! (Galaxy Quest, RHPS).  the rest i just don't know.

thanks Lagie - but the extent of my Eureka knowledge is the two crossovers with WH13! XD

Lol you're welcome

oooh you really should watch Eureka, such a great show!

we go back to work this evening, i really don't wanna. I slept really well and a decent amount, but I'm STILL tired.

49 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

oooh you really should watch Eureka, such a great show!

yeah, i know.

i'll.... put it on my list. :P 

14 minutes ago, trystan said:

yeah, i know.

i'll.... put it on my list. :P 

There's a Doctor Who reference in Season Three, if that helps. XD

The towels that got SOAKED in yesterday and Saturday's storms are still not completely dry even after hanging out in the sun and wind for many hours today. Go figure.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

There's a Doctor Who reference in Season Three, if that helps. XD

it's on my list :P 

i just need to check and see if it's on the site now..... XD 

Hi guys! Whew, bit of a busy day. 

This morning I woke up at 11 am and rolled over to see a Lucy cat, who promptly meowed at me. lol. Was so cute! She doesn't usually sleep in here, but my friend's dad is out of town visiting family, so we left the door ajar. After laying around for a little bit (aka until friend decided to join the world of waking), we did a grocery shop, brought those home, sat around for a little while to cool off since it's quite warm out. My friend's lungs also suffered in their second bout of Covid in January, so... not great for walking and whatnot for long periods. After that, we fed the kitties/guinea pigs (inside cats and outside) and decided that tonight would be a wonderful night to eat out. Longhorns was yummy af. Finally back home, my tummy is too full, and I had to clean up the piggie cages, take the trash out and take it up to the road. It's not a long-long day, per se, but I'm tired. I had Covid in January too, and it just still makes me so tired. So yeah. Explains why I haven't been on. lol

6 hours ago, Lagie said:

I used to have flying dreams. I love those! :)

Nowadays I have shop 'nightmares' usually based on some stupid customer I had the day before. :rolleyes:

Oh I have those all the time! ❤️

I hear it is meant to represent that you as an individual are very free spirited/willed, 

and love adventure and won't really be forced into anything because you will only do what you want to do.

@BringsTheSnow I love that lineage! Great work ❤️

@AsymDoll13 a long day indeed, at least I'd say.

Nothing some soup can't fix though, chicken and rice soup :)

5 hours until I need to hunt down my lost egg, wish me the best guys! ^^ 

I'll find you little eggy :) 

2 minutes ago, LadyAngeliki said:

I'll find you little eggy :) 

Good luck! (People here are generally really nice about returning eggs if they're forum-connected people.)

47 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

It's not a long-long day, per se, but I'm tired. I had Covid in January too, and it just still makes me so tired. So yeah. Explains why I haven't been on. lol

Hope you have a restful evening.

My cats are awol tonight. I guess they've gotten used to the neighbour's feeding times. I was only gone four nights. :P

5 minutes ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Yeah, I've been watching the times on your egg and the AP eggs. Not sure I will still be up when it surfaces. We'll see.

Friends and I walked at the bayfront park again today. Strong wind coming in off the water -- big whitecaps on the waves. It was quite chilly, too, so we headed for a bit more sheltered part of the park after watching for awhile.

I just finished baking 4 batches of cookies for the bag lunches that we still give out at church instead of the hot meals we did before Covid. Standing that long makes my feet and back hurt, so I am resting now.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Good luck! (People here are generally really nice about returning eggs if they're forum-connected people.)

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Yeah, I've been watching the times on your egg and the AP eggs. Not sure I will still be up when it surfaces. We'll see.

Awh thank you so much for keeping an eye out! ❤️

And for the good luck, I am going to need it to catch the right one :P 

Don't stay up looking for the egg if you shouldn't be up,

sleep is allot more important then an egg :) 

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

My cats are awol tonight. I guess they've gotten used to the neighbour's feeding times. I was only gone four nights. :P

That happened to our puppy! She met another puppy, a male; and we think she misses him because she was quiet all day.

Odd how animals change behavior so quickly to communicate how they feel, and how quickly they adapt too! :P 

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Friends and I walked at the bayfront park again today. Strong wind coming in off the water -- big whitecaps on the waves. It was quite chilly, too, so we headed for a bit more sheltered part of the park after watching for awhile.

I just finished baking 4 batches of cookies for the bag lunches that we still give out at church instead of the hot meals we did before Covid. Standing that long makes my feet and back hurt, so I am resting now.

Might just be me but I love windy beach days, you get to feel the breeze in your hair XD

And try your luck at getting the perfect windy hair selfie :P

Cookies? What kind of cookies?

My mom and I had to do something similar, we gave out bagged lunches to the kids through the parking lot drive area..

And gave about 2 bags of food per kid to each family instead of them coming inside to get lunch.

That was at the height of the pandemic though, it's allot better now ^^; 

9 hours ago, RegalPlumewing said:

Good morning, CPA! Hope you slept well! :) Last night, I had a dream that was like something out of a young adult fantasy novel. The specifics are kinda fuzzy, but I remember there being something about shapeshifting, other magic powers, fishing hooks, and the word Imperials. What are some weird dreams you've had?

that sounds pretty cool. I can't remember much of my dream, but I think it had something to do with school? I remember telling someone I was going to check the schedule cuz I couldn't remember what classes I had for the next year (nor what class I had that day for that matter).

still kinda sleepy though. debating if I should take a "nap" or not, considering it's already past 7pm.

24 minutes ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Cookies? What kind of cookies?

Actually, nothing fancy. I do the easiest cookies in the world for this -- cake mix cookies. The ones I made today were from lemon cake mixes and got white baking chips in them. You can use any flavor cake mix and I always put some sort of add-in into them.

Breaking news @LadyAngeliki! I just went to check on your egg after being away for a couple of hours and things moved faster than I expected. It is now owned by someone already. Hopefully they will contact you about returning it.

Edited by purplehaze

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Actually, nothing fancy. I do the easiest cookies in the world for this -- cake mix cookies. The ones I made today were from lemon cake mixes and got white baking chips in them. You can use any flavor cake mix and I always put some sort of add-in into them.

Oh that is kind of nice! I'll try that sometime :) 

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Breaking news @LadyAngeliki! I just went to check on your egg after being away for a couple of hours and things moved faster than I expected. It is now owned by someone already. Hopefully they will contact you about returning it.

I.. I tried to not cry. I saw the time, looked over and the egg was already..

Oh man. I hope the owner has a forum and if not, I'll just wait for next week ^^;

Oh! By the way! Two new cats have appeared outside! Melody (cute black kitty with a fluffy tail!), and she was pregnant when she came to visit. We've seen her before but never pregnant. Her sibling(?) who we've dubbed Willie, since he (We think) only has one eye and I'm a huge fan of the Goonies, is also sticking around. He's black as well but not so fluffy. Willie is much less friendly, and of course, Smidge and his dad are out there as well. Smidge is so grown up now you guys... I love him. 

I've been thinking about making a Reddit account for the past few weeks; on the one hand, it would provide a place for me to easily share my own writings, but on the other hand, the site is notorious for its toxicity.

I have a reddit, but I only use it to read the ramblings of insane people on sites like facebook and the like. 

Evening CPA!

I have reddit too....mainly use it to read stuff. Mainly like it though for gardening subs, pepper subs. 

@BringsTheSnow Nice Lyrical Lineage! 

I genuinely like this community! At first I was a little nervous (mainly because I heard through the grapevine that DC was toxic), but after a bit of experimentation I found it was quite the opposite! :D

14 minutes ago, RegalPlumewing said:

I genuinely like this community! At first I was a little nervous (mainly because I heard through the grapevine that DC was toxic), but after a bit of experimentation I found it was quite the opposite! :D

huh! where did you hear that? i know i was hesitant to join the forums for a while because i was worried itd be hard to ask questions and learn stuff but folks here are really nice, i like it a lot.. huh.... i havent heard anything about DC anywhere tbh.. i forgot how i even found it.

@IzzyCat91 Was it you who said all the Pinks you got had gone male? I have a female-influenced Pink hatchie that you can have if you need it.

Edited by purplehaze

1 hour ago, DraconicDetective said:

huh! where did you hear that? i know i was hesitant to join the forums for a while because i was worried itd be hard to ask questions and learn stuff but folks here are really nice, i like it a lot.. huh.... i havent heard anything about DC anywhere tbh.. i forgot how i even found it.

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I've yet to meet anyone toxic on here. 

1 hour ago, RegalPlumewing said:

Honestly, anyone who told you the community here is toxic might've been from way back in 2016.

Things have since changed for the better,  and everyone is really kind and understanding here. I truthfully love it here.

It isn't everyday you find a community that is alright with you just being who you are with not many restrictions,

and let's you be this creative on a forum site. I really really love it here but the community is the best ❤️ 

I was nervous at first too but overtime, you slowly adjust to befriending people.

It hasn't happened for me yet, maybe this is as much as I can do and I'm alright with that.

But, I do know it gets better with time as we get to know ourselves and others. :) 

I remember how I found DC.

The forum game I played beforehand, had a couple dragon eggs in someone's signature.

I clicked it, and discovered this little world. I didn't really understand how to play. (I was so oblivious back then hehe)

And maybe a week later? My friends (who played the same previous forum game as me) told me about this game.

They didn't sign up here on the forums, but we still chat allot. :) 

Edited by LadyAngeliki
added some context

3 hours ago, RegalPlumewing said:

2 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

I was nervous at first too but overtime, you slowly adjust to befriending people.

It hasn't happened for me yet, maybe this is as much as I can do and I'm alright with that.

But, I do know it gets better with time as we get to know ourselves and others. :) 

I remember how I found DC.

The forum game I played beforehand, had a couple dragon eggs in someone's signature.

I clicked it, and discovered this little world. I didn't really understand how to play. (I was so oblivious back then hehe)

And maybe a week later? My friends (who played the same previous forum game as me) told me about this game.

They didn't sign up here on the forums, but we still chat allot. :) 

@RegalPlumewing glad you've had a positive experience!

@LadyAngeliki same here I think. I saw a dragon (or an egg?) in someone's signature and was like "ooh, dragons"

I'm not quite sure how I got onto the forums. I think maybe I was searching for help on how to effectively take care of my eggs/hatchlings? it's been so long ago though, I can't remember uwu. I did come in on my own though and, being naturally shy, it did take me a while to open up but the vast majority of people on this site are friendly and helpful!

I saw a white dragon in @Fizzix's forum signatue at the SyFy forums, clicked, and never looked back. XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny!

Sirius wouldn't let Gaspard eat this morning but eventually all the morning cats had breakfast. The doves are now lurking to finish off the leftovers.