Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

45 minutes ago, Classycal said:

Happy Mother's Day.  Cherish your mother.  I miss mine so.  

(y)

I miss mine, too!

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there.

And if you still have your mother with you, try to do something nice for her, even if you don't always see eye to eye!

May 21st.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

It is still rainy and grey, the drizzly rain, though, right now so I was still able to walk out for my paper. Problem was, whoever delivered the paper I wanted had left it where it could get wet, so they had to be tossed. I did get the other paper but it's not as good.

I have no life. :P I completed two 500 piece puzzles yesterday. :rolleyes:

Good morning, CPA!

Sunny, but cold here this morning.

4 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Anyone know when DC's birthday is?

May 21!

Hah! Ninja!

Anyway, Lagie, none of us have a life right now! XD

Edited by purplehaze

Very true! XD

The problem with grey rainy days is they make me want to go right back to bed but I know if I do I won't actually sleep so why bother...

That's a Thursday. I shall have to wake up XD

Thanks for the answers!

Good morning. I've just looked outside, and it's been snowing... The joys of living in Canada.

You're welcome, Fortune! Thursday is a weird day to consider a release, but there you go.

It's late for snow, isn't it, subwoofer? A friend in NB posted a snowy highway near her yesterday. She was wishing she'd hunkered down here instead! (She has homes in both countries so could have.)

Yeah, it is very late. In recent memory, I can't think of a year it's snowed in May up here.

I took a picture here.

It's actually been quite cold this month. I also think it would be nice to stay in the Bahamas instead :D

morning all.  today's an office day for me. i actually don't have that much work to do today.  Wednesday i might. ;)

Blackie and Rocky are still off to a rocky beginning (XD) Blackie still meows and Rocky still growls.  but i did some googling over the weekend, and now we have some kitty pheromone diffusers in two of the rooms (the main room downstairs and Rocky's room) - a few of the sites said it actually calms cats down and they might not be so aggressive.  we'll see what happens towards the end of the week.

in other news, there was a conversation off-forum about user/account numbers.  are they still viewable on the forum and your scroll? i was told where to find mine on the forum, but it's not there (the "Contact Methods" section on your profile page). i did a search here on the forum, and there was a thread from like 2011 or 12 talking about your account number and what it was.  more recently there was a thread from 2019 about changing the name on your scroll, similar to how it can be changed on the forum.  but my question is, is there a way to find your account number, if you're curious? on another forum i'm on (ravelry) there's a fun little gaming keyboard pattern to find your account number, so i'm kinda curious. :)

Hmm. No clue on that, @trystan.

Rain. Again.

And another 500 piece puzzle completed.

eh, it was a curiosity.  maybe later i'll c&p it into TLQ...

bah, Lagie, you need a 12,000 piece puzzle XD

4 hours ago, trystan said:

bah, Lagie, you need a 12,000 piece puzzle XD

Yup. Haven't had one of those at the shop yet. Almost done another 500 piece one. (That's four in two days...)

I can't find my stamp puzzle. It's a Ravensburger hexagonal puzzle with European stamps as the image.

Hi, Chico! Nothing wrong with procrastinating now and again.

The rain has brought out the biting ants.

49 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yup. Haven't had one of those at the shop yet.

the box mine came in was like a small trunk!  but that stamp puzzle sounds neat! hopefully you find it.

yaay for procrastinating!  i'm good at that!  i keep thinking i should start a club for procrastinators, but, nah... i'll do it tomorrow XD 

Kind of like the massive Lego sets, that actually come in very full boxes unlike the smaller sets that are large boxes with lots of air space inside. ;)

it's been a while since we've had a large Lego set here - many moons ago (like 7, 8ish years?) younger daughter got an R2 and Millennium Falcon Lego set.  those were fun.  i think she has an x-wing too.

I have the ginormous Hogwarts and the Ninjago City. I really really really want the treehouse that was released last year, but my plan of buying it in Toronto is clearly not going to happen now. I might just have to bite the bullet and have it shipped here. (Cost of set + shipping cost to US post box + shipping cost to the Bahamas + 45% import duty + Customs handling charge + shipper's handling charge + 12% VAT. See why I'd rather not. :rolleyes: )

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Cost of set + shipping cost to US post box + shipping cost to the Bahamas + 45% import duty + Customs handling charge + shipper's handling charge + 12% VAT.

oof.  i can't imagine why you'd rather not have it shipped there.  that's an ouchies.

Good morning CPA!

That is an ouchie indeed, Lagie.

EDIT: In other news, I checked out the RP sections. They're pretty dead. I wonder why they used to be so busy, and now they're so quiet.

Edited by Chicogal

Good morning everyone!

This whole lockdown is just a big jinx! Nothing is going right!

FORTUNE!

*huggles*

Well since the lockdown...

My car broke, R4000 just like that poof!

Then thing with that poor doggy.

Then someone broke into our wendy house

Then my tooth broke

In the last two days someone has entered our yard again and took something out of our big bin

One of the magazine companies has closed and now I'm unsure of my future.

And I picked up weight again.

I'm so done with this all.

6 minutes ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Good morning everyone!

This whole lockdown is just a big jinx! Nothing is going right!

Morning Spirit! I completely agree, it's absolute rubbish.

Morning Fortune :)

Edited by Chicogal