Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Sounds like a lot of us are mixing up our days, which is hardly surprising. My aunt called on Friday wanting me to pick something up from a friend of hers on my way to work the next day. On a lockdown day? I asked her. She'd thought she was calling on Thursday... (not to mention the friend 'on the way to work' lives almost twenty minutes away in the other direction, so I will not be stopping...).

This dragon feels that way, too: https://dragcave.net/view/WqQEv (the description might not show...)

Toppage, page 58! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

Thanks for the waffles, Lagie. :)

It really is hard to keep the days straight when there is not much to distinguish one from the other. And the weeks are just running together, too.

Had a nice video chat on Zoom with my daughter and son-in-law yesterday. It was a test run for one this afternoon when my son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter will be joining us.

Strawberry waffles.  Yummy!

Had a good Zoom meeting for church.  

I haven't had a need for Zoom yet. Hope both of yours go well!

Listening to Doctor Who and making pompom mice.

afternoon all.  

had my Zoom fellowship this morning, and then picked up my shopping - surprise, i got quite a bit of it! :)   but when i went in the store, i bought more than i picked up! wtf...? XD 

Blackie are Rocky are meeting.  Blackie meows ("friend?") and Rocky hisses or growls, but hasn't really made any move to swat or poke at Blackie.  a little bit ago, Blackie got a little toooo close and Rocky, while hissing, pulled himself back from Blackie, and i turned Blackie around in the direction of out of the office. Rocky's safe space is under a chair in the office, and Blackie wants to go between the chair and the desk, and i really don't know why.... silly kitty...

I usually end up with more in my cart than on my list, but not overly so.

Glad they're kinda... getting along?

oh this was quite a bit over! :blink:

well, Blackie was the one we expected to hiss and have the "intruder alert" flag raised... and he's been such a good boy with Rocky.  but he's a cat, they don't seem to do "good boy," yanno?

Cats do pretty much their own thing! XD

I haven't seen the black tom who usually comes to my patio in about three days. I hope he's okay.

yes.... yes they do!

aww, i hope the black tom is okay too.

Our church service is on YouTube and also Facebook. No Zoom for that.

But we had a good family visit on Zoom this afternoon. Our granddaughter's bearded dragon even got on camera. XD

Glad your kitties are more or less getting along, Trystan. My cousin had the same situation when she introduced a new cat. Her old one was fine with it, but the new one hissed and growled. Of course if Blackie is trying to get into Rocky's safe place it is understandable that he isn't too happy about it.

10 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

My cousin had the same situation when she introduced a new cat. Her old one was fine with it, but the new one hissed and growled. Of course if Blackie is trying to get into Rocky's safe place it is understandable that he isn't too happy about it.

actually, earlier tonight when they were out and about, Rocky hissed and Blackie lunged, and Blackie ended up with poofy tail.  Rocky has been in the office/his room for the last few hours, i think he's sulking?

6 hours ago, trystan said:

oh this was quite a bit over! :blink:

That's what I did the other day.

28 minutes ago, trystan said:

actually, earlier tonight when they were out and about, Rocky hissed and Blackie lunged, and Blackie ended up with poofy tail.  Rocky has been in the office/his room for the last few hours, i think he's sulking?

Might be.  Are they neutered?  They get along better if they are.  My two males get along great, but the one sprayed before he got neutered.  Thankfully he stopped once that was accomplished.  

My refrigerator is rallying.  Now what do I do?  I don't know whether to try it for a couple of months or not.  It's done this before.  

5 minutes ago, Classycal said:

Might be.  Are they neutered?  They get along better if they are.  My two males get along great, but the one sprayed before he got neutered.  Thankfully he stopped once that was accomplished. 

yes, they're both neutered.  but i actually think Blackie might be trying to tell Rocky who the alpha cat is.  but Blackie has sprayed and outright peed places before. i hope he doesn't start again.

Blackie was probably telling Rocky who the boss is.  You are right about that.  Oh, I hope Rocky doesn't spray either.  They don't always stop when they are neutered.  

Good morning everyone!

The start off for this week is already causing me to twitch!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

What happened, Spirit?

Didn't they lift some of your restrictions?

Segway! I have wanted one of those for years. I even created wee ones out of Lego!

Lagies!

*crafts a tiny segway out of brownies and presents*

Quiet CPA is quiet. 

Good morning. *takes apples* What? Brownies for breakfast isn't good for you anyway.

I am... trying not to think of all the work I have to do just yet. But I know it's there...

Good morning, CPA!

*considers brownies for breakfast, but settles for toast*

I attempted to ride a segway once. It did not go well.

I finished the 4th panel on my cross stitch (which mostly only needed some backstitch and a few shading stitches) and have started the 5th and final. It is going very slowly because of the eyestrain. I haven't gotten out to get reading glasses, yet, which Classy recommended. Once I finish the fifth panel I am not nearly done as each section has its own border and then there is a border around the whole.

bird_t.jpeg

Edited by purplehaze

Toast and jam for me please. 

That's a lot of hard work purplehaze.  You need the glasses.  Did you see my post about the wire in masks?

I could not sleep a wink last night.  I keep hoping I'll get sleepy so I can at least take a nap, but that hope is fading...

Yes, Classy, I did see your note about the wire. Thanks for your response. I know I have some floral wire -- somewhere! XD

How are the kitties doing today, Trystan? Is this a home or work day for you?

9 hours ago, Classycal said:

Blackie was probably telling Rocky who the boss is.  You are right about that.  Oh, I hope Rocky doesn't spray either.  They don't always stop when they are neutered.  

true about Blackie.  i think he's marking his territory.  Rocky is an unknown right now.

31 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

How are the kitties doing today, Trystan? Is this a home or work day for you?

today is a work day for me.  i gave the kitties breakfast this morning, and i think Rocky might have been tempted to check out the different canned food i offered him, but he'd pulled back from the bowl when i came back in the office with his fresh water.... we're trying to get him to eat the canned stuff, because it's better than crunchies.  one of the these brands he'll decide he likes.... eventually.  it's been.... 9 days.  it'll take time.

in other news, i heard from the manager of my weekend job - they cut the hours for this week, so i'm not in this friday and saturday, but hopefully next (the 15th and 16th). 

AND i’m also trying to fax a document to PA unemployment from my main job that tells them i’m still at my main job, but the line is always busy. and you can’t call (because it’s a form), you can’t email (yeesh!), and mailing it will take forever until they get to it…. *sigh*

37 minutes ago, Lagie said:

That's lovely, @purplehaze! :)

I left presents? :blink:

*restocks the food*

'Presents'

As in 'presented'.

I probably should have picked a better word XD