Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

@trystan - Sounds like the funeral service was as satisfying as possible in these strange times. And I think nothing quite substitutes for hugs at a time like that.

@Lagie - That's great that you had such a good shop day! And I am glad the pup and his family are united. Hope he does well from now on.

*Zen hugs for everyone*

Even Facebook has added a hugging emoji, a smiley face snuggling a heart. :D

25 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Even Facebook has added a hugging emoji, a smiley face snuggling a heart. :D

i love this new one lots! :snugs:

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

We had a 'shop by appointment' day at my shop today, as an experiment. With only 7 customers, we brought in $395! Which is as good as a regular day in normal times. I think people have missed us. XD

Mom took pup back with no issues this morning.

*inhales the Chinese food she brought home for dinner*

Wow, that is a good day for 7 shoppers.

Oh, I'm so glad mom took the pup back.  

Oh, Chinese food sounds good.  I may get some tomorrow.   

Well, I bought more groceries than I intended today - $109.  But I'll use them.  More people are wearing masks which is good, but I saw one person wearing it on her chin and 2 people with their noses uncovered which isn't so good.  And, wow, I saw one person wearing a full blown respirator - the kind that keeps nerve gas out.  

Edited by Classycal

I'm so glad my front car windows don't open, because I'm sure if they did, I'd be yelling out at people, "It doesn't do any good on your chin! [Or head or...]" As it was, today I had to keep reminding one customer to please pull hers up to cover her nose. *rolls eyes*

(Actually, I wish my windows did open as it's hot again and my a/c doesn't work but mechanics are not on the 'essential' list.)

But what do you do?  Maybe you work at a job where you don't really need a mask.  But on the other hand, if you should be wearing a mask, you should wear it.  I know they are hot, but the 100% cotton ones are a lot cooler.

Argghhh.....  I'm getting ready to move and my refrigerator is dying.  They are so expensive!!  I might just buy a compact one for now.  Shoot.  I am so aggravated.  I might have a friend who will let me use her extra one for a couple of months.  That would be good.  

Hey hey everyone :) How’s y’all doing?

Also, I have decided that I’m going to be semi-active here on DCF — I’ll pop back in maybe once a week and continue posting in RPs and stuff, but otherwise I’ll be elsewhere. :) 

Aww...  That's too bad Swift.  😦

I work at a job where i'm constantly interacting with sick people.

So no, I don't need the mask, you're right! Masks do nothing if you're not actually sick (unless it's the fancy n95 mask).

Later swift.

I've been alone in my shop for over a month so it was weird yesterday to a) actually have people in there and b) have to keep my mask on practically all day. I don't bother when I'm alone.

Don't forget us, Swift!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out bacon and eggs*

Sunny and cool. Another lockdown weekend. I need the sleep today. All those people yesterday were exhausting.

Good morning. *takes bacon*

It's beautiful outside, going to be very warm today. Definitely going to try to enjoy some of the nice weather. I still have work to do, even though it's Saturday. I just don't like this day of the week much.

I was sitting outside reading, or rather, trying to. The hummingbird that thinks he's a mockingbird was chittering away and distracting me.

hey all! i finished my Geeky Heirloom Blanket... finally! (i also put this in the Current Thought Thread, too). i need to attempt some pics.... good luck to me.

Well done! :)

*heads back outside to read some more*

I went out for a bit of a walk... It's windy and rainy now, doesn't feel as hot as it should've been.

i'm also going to go put these in the crochet thread too.....

Spoiler

20200502_161153.jpg

20200502_161131.jpg

20200502_161939_medium2.jpg

that last pic is a close up of the edging :) 

Definitely geeky! XD

That looks fun.

Listening to a Sarah Jane Smith audiobook.

3 hours ago, trystan said:

i'm also going to go put these in the crochet thread too.....

Hide contents

that last pic is a close up of the edging :) 

What does that say in the middle?  Pretty.  What kind of yarn did you use? 

Well, my refrigerator is dying.  I don't think there's any hope for it.  And here I'm moving in a couple of months.  So, I had to go buy a new fridge.  The only place open was Lowe's.  The closest Home Depot is about 40 miles away, and I didn't want to go that far.  The cheapest thing I could find was $629 plus delivery plus $30 to take the old one one away.  It's very basic.  I could have have gotten a pretty good size mini fridge for $429, but I figured I might as well spend $200 more for a full size (though smallish) fridge.  But with the cheaper one, I could have taken it today.  Then I would have had to figure out how to get rid of the old one.  They can't deliver it till NEXT Sunday.  I took my stuff in the fridge to my cousin's since I just bought most of if it yesterday.  Argghhh...  Too much money!  

thanks Lagie!

Classy - the two in the middle with the text - the one with the dino says "THIS LAND," the all-text one says "IT'S NOT KNIT." XD   there's a few yarn - most of the white and all of the off-white is J&P Coats Royale Rave Crochet.  but i didn't have enough for all the panels, so four of the white panels and the border is Bernat Baby Coordinates - not my fave yarn, but it looked like the other stuff.  i have everything posted on my Ravelry Project Page - it's public, so anyone can see it.

yikes on the fridge costs! a number of years ago, we had a choice to fix the current fridge or get a new one,  we fixed the current one, and it seem to be all right.  don't want to talk to loud about it, it can hear me.....

I figured my fridge was beyond fixing.  It's been a good one - 31 years old.  

that is a good life for a fridge.  ours was here with the house when we moved in 11-1/2 years ago (september will be 12 years), but i don't know how old it really is.

I had to replace mine about a year ago. And my mattress. On the same day. Impressively, in this country where nearly everything runs behind schedule, both of them were delivered the next morning at exactly the times I was told they would be and I even made it to work on time!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

I woke rather abruptly this morning, to bright sunshine, and the thought that I'd have to be quick if I wanted to get a paper before the gas station ran out. I'm glad my brain realized it was Sunday not Monday before I got dressed and walked out the gate. I would have been arrested for breaking lockdown.

Good morning. *takes waffles*

You're lucky your brain caught it in time, that sounded like it was close.

You're not the only one who had their days mixed up. Last night I kept thinking it was Sunday night, I had thoughts about it 5 times. Only when I was lying in bed did I realize that it was Saturday.