Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

We still have threats of more bad weather this afternoon,

*regards the heat advisory glumly*  I'll trade ya.

4 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Hmmm. I think I might trade the heat for the tornado watches and severe thunderstorms.

Although I will admit to being totally worn down by the constant heat and humidity we have had.

Can't we just have some nice moderate weather for awhile?

Actually, we are supposed to get a break in the weather for the weekend. I sure hope they are right about that!

Edit: Tornado watch again until 7 pm. :(

Edit again: Tornado warnings 3 times already this afternoon. Tornado spotted on the ground less than 5 miles away, but not headed in our direction, thank goodness. VERY scary active weather day.

@trystan This is all headed northeast in your general direction. Keep alert!

Edited by purplehaze

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

@trystan This is all headed northeast in your general direction. Keep alert!

oh i know! we have tornado watches for my area until 10 p.m. tonight!

it's just raining now

Although I will admit to being totally worn down by the constant heat and humidity we have had.

i completely agree with this as well.  i melt when it gets too hot.

i've heard it said that when you live in an area long enough, you get used to the weather.  i've lived in the same county my entire life, and i have never gotten used the the heat, humidity and soup in the summer.  no thanks!

Tornado warnings 3 times already this afternoon. Tornado spotted on the ground less than 5 miles away, but not headed in our direction, thank goodness. VERY scary active weather day.

That's a lot of activity. Tornadoes used to be fairly predictable. The storms liked to trace the same path (aka tornado alleys) and usually followed a path of lesser resistance. Not anymore. Climate change and too much alteration of the land. 

Stay safe. 

I think the danger is pretty much past, here, now -- although we do have another hour and a half until the watches expire. The radar images look much calmer than they did a few hours ago. We have ventured out of our basement.

24 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

That's a lot of activity. Tornadoes used to be fairly predictable. The storms liked to trace the same path (aka tornado alleys) and usually followed a path of lesser resistance. Not anymore. Climate change and too much alteration of the land. 

Stay safe. 

Yeah, this did not used to be tornado territory. Southern Maryland has had two that I can recall in the last 40+ years but none in this area. Now we seem to get several each year -- usually small ones, but still destructive and scary.

from the time of this post (6:29 p.m. Cave Time) we have a tornado warning until 7 p.m.

there's already been two or three confirmed touchdowns in the north of our county, and one the next county over. :blink: (and the next state over, but that's New Jersey, that's fine XD)

Edited by trystan

12 hours ago, FortyTwo said:

You have my sympathy Lagie. I have a kitten that wakes up between 4:45 and 5:30am. 🤣 I don't know where he gets the energy at that time in the morning but he's bouncing off walls, jumping on beds, yelling like a bratty teenager, aggravating the other kitties and chucking toy mice at me. And he's even worse if you don't get him his breakfast at 7am!!!

Silly kitty!

11 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

106 F with the heat index here.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

We have ventured out of our basement.

:o

@trystan, it's not fall till the 21st or thereabouts!

13 minutes ago, Lagie said:

@trystan, it's not fall till the 21st or thereabouts!

close enough.  i'm tired of summer.  fall is my favorite season.... i might just keep the fall one instead of changing it

so..... we had a tornado that touched down not all that far from me!  and a cell passed over us, heading north.  and it's raining buckets out there! i might have to take a boat to work tomorrow? :blink:

Yikes, Trystan! I've been seeing reports of the weather in your area. Glad to hear you are okay. Be careful out there tomorrow, though. There may be flooded roads. There are around here. The tornado that hit near us damaged about 100 homes!

i am too!! 

yeah, the tornado hit Tullytown, but there wasn't anything online as to where, specifically.  it's also not a large area either - and it's literally right down the road from me! one of the roads outside my neighborhood is "Falls-Tullytown Road".... and i'm in Falls :blink:

and yeah, it could be an interesting ride to work tomorrow... but i'm hoping for boring.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

talking 

THE PFP IS ORANGE NOW?

FOR SPRING? :DD

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Yikes, Trystan! I've been seeing reports of the weather in your area. Glad to hear you are okay. Be careful out there tomorrow, though. There may be flooded roads. There are around here. The tornado that hit near us damaged about 100 homes!

^^ i agree! And i hope that you are safe too, purplehaze!

THANK YOU FORTUNE!!!

*huggles*

What a great surprise :)

Spoiler

IMG_20210902_104351.png

1 hour ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

THANK YOU FORTUNE!!!

*huggles*

Very cool!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with marula jelly*

@trystan and @purplehaze, do be careful up there! Those tornadoes sound scary!

I have a cat massaging my tummy. XD This doesn't happen often in my world.

2 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

THANK YOU FORTUNE!!!

*huggles*

Hide contents

IMG_20210902_104351.png

Amazing! Lovely pressie, lovely Fort! *Snugs Spirit*

@SomeRandomCorviknight - it's orange for fall.  i'm ready.  i might find some other fall-related dragon for a pfp though. :D

@Lagie - this morning was bright and clear, and it doesn't even look like anything happened last night.... at least where i am!  my drive to work was also clear, but i do know that parallel to the street i work on, not all that far away, is River Road, that runs along the Delaware River, and is very flood-prone.  not where i am though.  AND today is my last day of work until tuesday! yaay! :D

(STILL not looking forward to getting up at like 5:30  tomorrow morning though.......)

6 hours ago, trystan said:

this morning was bright and clear, and it doesn't even look like anything happened last night....

Same here, but I know there are places that are still flooded and homes that were totally destroyed by the tornadoes. We were just very lucky here.

Lots of swift water rescues were needed in western Maryland in the mountains and foothills, including a school bus loaded with 40 kids!

And New York City apparently really took a beating, along with parts of New Jersey.

oh yes.  Princeton is not a happy town right now :( 

Edited by trystan

On 9/1/2021 at 3:07 PM, trystan said:

you said so yourself - kitten. my two "kittens" (they're 17 months old) are now rambunctious teenagers, one i've been calling Psycho Kitten since we adopted them last august.

now, Blackie, my 16-year-old crabby dude - 6 something in the morning sits on hubby's nighttable - "meow! meow! meow!" - so that back at the beginning of august when Blackie did that the first time, hubby (still kinda sleeping) says "who set the alarm clock to 'cat'?!" XD

Haha! Aren't they entertaining.

I'm sure you know what you're doing, but I would keep an eye on the older guy's behaviour though. We recently lost our eldest at 15, and one of the behaviours she exhibited at the end was getting up at stupid o'clock and yowling. I'm not sure if it was senility worsening or her other problems getting worse. It wasn't a meow though, definitely like a crying yell.

I've been out most of the day and as soon as I got back at 8pm, tucking into a cheeky burger, my little guy was straight onto my lap for a cuddle. He might be a erratic but he does love his cuddles.

Cheeky burger? Is that tasty?

It stayed mostly sunny today but we had a few spatters of rain, enough to have to have the covers in place for the outside merchandise. We also discovered two bins that hadn't been drained yesterday. The stuffed animals will dry. The bags were toast.

1 hour ago, FortyTwo said:

Haha! Aren't they entertaining.

I'm sure you know what you're doing, but I would keep an eye on the older guy's behaviour though. We recently lost our eldest at 15, and one of the behaviours she exhibited at the end was getting up at stupid o'clock and yowling. I'm not sure if it was senility worsening or her other problems getting worse. It wasn't a meow though, definitely like a crying yell.

very entertaining.

and yeah, i get that. we're always watching the cats for behaviour that's not typical of their usual selves.  we've had to say goodbye to cats as well, and i'm sorry you had to say goodbye to one of yours. :hugs:

it was a really nice, cool day today.  i wonder if it'll stay that way.... ;) 

Hopefully!

I get one more night to binge Anne With an "E". I fear I'll be left with one episode unviewed...

eek! try to watch that last episode!!

i recorded two shows last night, hopefully i'll get to watch them this weekend!

I need to see how many I have left. Two in an evening is perfect, three is pushing it (I did three tonight, and two of them made me cry).