Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

well, the cats did want to get back in the room..... but i wouldn't let them until the AC guy was all done. :D 

that does sound like a great day! :D

dancing around on the forums until someone responds to my trade values post... instead of running my beamsaber game. oops.

the kittems just wanna say hi, but Dangerously

hi there kittens!  my kittens (they're 16 months old, so, cats really) say hi too! :) 

Heh mine are 9 and 3, so really not much of kittens anymore, but they're both still babies in my heart!

oh i get that.... Blackie is my 16-year-old kitten, so... yeah. :) 

Jimmy is 3 years old, and Slim Shady (A female black cat) is 9, both are rescues and both are Baby. They're so spoiled, we have a dog bed that didn't fit our dog, so it got set up on the table in front of the front door window so that Jimmy could stare outside during the day, and the two of them could cuddle together at night. They even have their own blankie!

awww.... 

we have a few trees and all kinds of beds and couches....

in order of acquisition:

*Blackie- 16 year old crabby dude, black with a white neck tuft (was a stray 15 years ago)

*Rocky- 4 year old black floof also with a white neck tuft (from a shelter)

*Ash and Oreo- 16 month old tuxedo brothers- Ash is grey and white, Oreo is black and white (hubby knows foster mom)

*Harvey- 3 year old grey tabby (from a shelter)

*Luna- 2-1/2 year old black floof,  completely black (was fostered through a shelter)

*Angel- 14ish year old crabby old calico lady (from a shelter)

*Arthur and Molly - 3 year old oranges,  Arthur is a tabby, Molly is floofy (from a shelter, rescued from a hoarding house)

yep.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Another sunny day with a flat calm ocean. The dog here likes to sleep in.

bred some blue Sapphires and dropped them as pinks about 1/2 hour ago.   :)

bred some florets, and even mixed up some of the pairings, i dropped two purple irises and a purple alstro.  silly dragons.  i have 5 pairs to try tomorrow for a Wine/Peach Iris.... again. :dry:  i really like the females of both Florets, and the Iris males too (the Alstro males are little bit "weeee! look at meeeee!" XD)  so i kinda want to get a few Peach Irises!! :D

meant to mention this, totally didn't type it up.  i got home from work on sunday and i was talking on the phone with my mom.  when i was finished talking, hubby told me his mom had called earlier in the day (when my younger daughter related the story to me, she had said that she told her boyfriend that "dad only talks on the phone whenever someone's died."  and when he was off the phone, she asked "who died?")

the answer was hubby's Aunt Marge died - Aunt Marge was my father-inlaw's sister-inlaw - and she'd died like three weeks before! :blink:

uhm, wow.  guess that wasn't an important piece of information?

i should mention that my father-inlaw is like 81 or something like that.  his sister Cathy died a few years ago (google search told me 2018), and his brother Fred died a few years before that (google again, 2013)... but still.  family.

Aunt Marge's memorial service is at the Naval Academy in Maryland, which is where Uncle Fred's funeral was in 2013. the best part?  it's exactly on my older daughter's birthday, which is a wednesday.  at 2:30 in the afternoon.

uhm, wow.  again.

family, amiright?

Much as I love my reptiles I can't deny that it would be nice to have an affectionate cat.

Knowing our luck we'd get a shy recluse who while by no means vicious, just doesn't like company or being petted!

that current batch up there - most LOVE pets, but generally  they're proximity cats.  they're okay somewhere near you.  Ash used to sleep on the bed with us sometimes, but hasn't for a while.

Rocky is the only one who doesn't like pets or to be touched.... but we sneak in some pets here and there.

22 hours ago, trystan said:

uhm, wow.  guess that wasn't an important piece of information?

My family is like that, too.

It was months before anyone told me my great aunt had died, and I only found out a cousin died when my dad said he'd seen another cousin "at Louis' funeral." And I'm like, "Funeral??? When did Louis die?" and my dad couldn't remember. (That was all years ago when I lived in Vancouver. Mind you, I found out from a friend that Aunt Barbara had died before her daughter managed to reach me. People forget to use land lines these days, and I turn my phone off at night.)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Another bright day, and already hot, and the lovely ocean is still flat calm.

I finished the last of the donated LEGO sets this morning. I stoopidly didn't think to photograph each one before I dismantled it.

Who was I taking pictures of the Atlantis sets for?

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

People forget to use land lines these days, and I turn my phone off at night.

hm, yeah, there is that.

but i think this is just how my inlaws are, y'know?

we'd visit my mom, and when we leave, she'll ask me to call when we get in.  we go to my inlaws, who are just about an hour away from us.... eh, *shrug* whatever.  no need to call or anything. and hubby is the same way.  if i'm out, doing errands or whatnot, and even if hubby is waiting for me to - say, bring home dinner at the end of it all? if i text and tell him when i'm on my way home, he'll be all "whatever."

i can't be all "whatever" like that.

today is cooler than yesterday, and there's a nice breeze.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Who was I taking pictures of the Atlantis sets for?

dunno, but they'd be cool to see though! :)

edit for random cool thing:  when i get my eggs, i make a note of the time i catch or breed them, so i know when that pesky "... and 1 hour" goes away, especially when it's 4d1h left.  so i caught an egg on tuesday and noted the time as 11:50 a.m.  so i figured at 11:50 a.m. today, when it said "5 days left" i'd incubate it and it would hatch.  i decided, actually to incubate it about 11:30, and just refresh it at 11:50 to see what would happen....and sure enough, at 11:50 a.m., when it flipped to 4 days left - it hatched! :D

.... yes, i'm easily amused XD

Edited by trystan

Yeah, I have 3 eggs right now at that lovely 4d1h mark. XD I bred them all, so I could go back and see exactly when to expect them to pop, but they all have big holes, so I know they will hatch as soon as they can.

Had a lovely day at one of our state forests with my friends yesterday. We were celebrating one of the ladies' birthday. After our hike we had ice cream and cake and balloons and banners and all the trimmings. Just didn't light the candles because the area was very dry. :blink: The park ranger drove by and waved while we were sitting there. Not quite sure what he thought, but he didn't stop. If he had we would have shared our cake. XD

that sounds like a fun celebration, purple!

so i just bred some Florets- i got a purple Iris, and a peach and purple alstro. im actually keeping them, because i have three unmated Florets, and voila, these are their mates! XD

Rumpel (Gold) and Belle (Sophrosyne) are being stubborn and just not being interested or not giving me any egg.  and while i could breed my 2 other Once Upon A Time pairs, it's an "age" thing..... i want this egg first, then the other two. *shrug*

*sits on trystan*

=.=

*lashes tail*

Wuuuuuut?

It's too hot to be enthusiastic.

I opened the front door at 2 am and it was like someone threw a soggy wet towel at my face.

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I opened the front door at 2 am and it was like someone threw a soggy wet towel at my face.

oh ICK.

our humidity is supposed to be back sunday. eww.

i was watching a twitch stream and my cat sat on the keyboard and sent "ijdfiosjfiejfeio" in chat...

it's a smaller stream and i'm subbed so everyone noticed XD 

Worried my stylus might be broken? :[

I am not giving you a cooke, sunrise. You ate all my ones in that other thread

2 hours ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

Worried my stylus might be broken? :[

Oh no! I hope not.

Hubby and I are doing a day trip to PA today. We won't get very close to you, though, Trystan. We are going the other direction.

In case you feel you need it, here's a picture of a dragon who just had a shower on a very hot day. I particularly like the cat-like way he had his front legs,.because he never sits like that!

IMG_20210720_144028275.jpg