Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

my yarn stash is actually quite small compared to other yarnies!

41 minutes ago, Lagie said:
3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

As long as you are happy with your choice, that is what matters. :)

I agree with this!

i agree too.... which is why i went for a purple Floret... because purple! :) 

44 minutes ago, trystan said:

because purple! :) 

Green! :P

It makes such a difference at work having a supervisor who actually cares. Used to be it would take days for the ambulance to go pick up shop donations. Today, I had sent the heads-up last night and the location and contact info this morning, and the donation was at my shop before noon. I do hope the new guy stays!

Just now, Lagie said:
48 minutes ago, trystan said:

because purple! :) 

Green! :P

Dragons, not Drazi! :P 

ooh, sounds like the new guy is a good one!

Just now, trystan said:

And florets don't come in green. XD

Yes, yes, he is!

26 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It makes such a difference at work having a supervisor who actually cares. Used to be it would take days for the ambulance to go pick up shop donations. Today, I had sent the heads-up last night and the location and contact info this morning, and the donation was at my shop before noon. I do hope the new guy stays!

Yay for good supervisor! I too, hope that he will stick around!

So hubby and I got our shots this afternoon. Easy peasy! Drive through the maze of cones and checkpoints, answer a few questions, show ID, get shot, get sent to waiting area for 15 minutes. Only about 3 cars in line ahead of us and NO significant wait. Unlike some of the mass vaccination sites that the state is running where people have experienced 3-hour waits! Ours was through the county Health Department. They are supposed to send us an email with a link to set our second appointment once they know what sites will have the Moderna vaccine when we need it.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Only about 3 cars in line ahead of us and NO significant wait. Unlike some of the mass vaccination sites that the state is running where people have experienced 3-hour waits!

I'm glad it went smoothly for you.

I need to see if the system will let me register even though I'm underage.

@random_dragon_collector, you will understand why this description in my review queue today made me laugh:

Screenshot_20210322-193819.thumb.png.865cb426e49f943ac67ade8b0edbaf06.png

3 hours ago, Lagie said:
3 hours ago, trystan said:

And florets don't come in green. XD

good point! :P 

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Only about 3 cars in line ahead of us and NO significant wait. Unlike some of the mass vaccination sites that the state is running where people have experienced 3-hour waits!

that's great!

i'm still poking around on the Rite Aid site. i also have my name on a list with the county, and two local hospitals.  we shall see.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

@random_dragon_collector, you will understand why this description in my review queue today made me laugh:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20210322-193819.thumb.png.865cb426e49f943ac67ade8b0edbaf06.png

:D It's a small world!

Glad you got your first shot, @purplehaze.  I got my first last Wednesday with CVS, and one thing I like about them is that they scheduled my second at the same time (April 8).  I immediately made plane reservations 3 weeks after that date to go see my mom and sister--haven't seen them for almost a year and a half!

Edited by random_dragon_collector

8 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I immediately made plane reservations 3 weeks after that date to go see my mom and sister--haven't seen them for almost a year and a half!

Have a great trip!

I wonder if Bahamians realize they will likely need proof of vaccination in order to travel at some point. It's discouraging how many people here won't register to be vaccinated because 'the vaccines were all funded by Bill Gates and have a microchip in them so he can track all of them'. I don't know where they get this nonsense from.

Just now, random_dragon_collector said:

Thanks!  Still over a month away, but so looking forward to it!  

I'm sure you are! :)

Good night, all!

*poofs in a cloud of brownies*

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It's discouraging how many people here won't register to be vaccinated because 'the vaccines were all funded by Bill Gates and have a microchip in them so he can track all of them'. I don't know where they get this nonsense from.

well.... my boss says it's "gene therapy" and that it doesn't prevent you from getting covid, it just lessens your symptoms.

as for "being microchipped so Bill Gates (or the government?) can track them" - do they have cell phones? bam - chipped and tracked! XD 

when i do have my appointment for my vaccine, i'm going to tell my boss i have an appointment to get my genes modified with a  tracking chip! XD 

They're saying that here, too. One guy said the microchip goes straight to your brain and makes you stop caring about anything. If that was true, I'd be first in line, because a lot of my mental hangups can be traced directly to caring too much. I'm willing to be injected with a little sociopathy. It seems to be the way to go these days.

*colors all of trystan's eggs to look like Vampire eggs*

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Good morning everyone!
Ugh... the last bit of the allergy season is hitting me hard now

Hello. It's 2 am. I'm sorta awake. Allergies, yes. Evil allergies. Much allergen.

4 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

They're saying that here, too. One guy said the microchip goes straight to your brain and makes you stop caring about anything. If that was true, I'd be first in line, because a lot of my mental hangups can be traced directly to caring too much. I'm willing to be injected with a little sociopathy. It seems to be the way to go these days.

Oh, haven't heard about that detail yet. In that case, I'll get myself some extra shots just to be sure.

(still no word here when I'll be due)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

*adds allergy meds*

I've been sneezy this morning, too. 

I kept having Covid vaccine nightmares last night, and I'm not even registered to get one. :P I blame you guys. ;)

Eh, I had the usual nightmares about drowning, losing my voice etc ... nothing extra-ordinary. At least I dreamt a new location, for a change. It's usually the old childhood places otherwise.

I'll have a brownie and some juice :)

9 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

*colors all of trystan's eggs to look like Vampire eggs*

wait...... why? that sucks \/--\/

heh.

morning all.  i'm all locked up with eggs (although one will be hatching soon!)... but i'll be unlocked by sunday, when - most likely - there will be a new release. :)

8 minutes ago, trystan said:

It was in the how to get kicked out of DC thread. ;)

Turns out my shelter does count as essential workers, so hopefully I'll be getting my vaccine later this week.

9 minutes ago, Lagie said:
18 minutes ago, trystan said:

It was in the how to get kicked out of DC thread.

....as you totally skip over my bad pun......

9 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Turns out my shelter does count as essential workers, so hopefully I'll be getting my vaccine later this week.

yaaay!!

hopefully no side effects!

57 minutes ago, trystan said:

....as you totally skip over my bad pun......

yaaay!!

hopefully no side effects!

I totally missed the bad pun! *groans belatedly* :P

Friday 9:30!  at the hospital, as I have drug allergies.

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I totally missed the bad pun! *groans belatedly* :P

heh it's ok.  i'm used to it. hubby sometimes groans, but most of the time he just ignores my puns. XD

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

at the hospital, as I have drug allergies.

*crosses fingers and toes it all goes well*

It would have been a little more obvious with "that saaahks!" :D