Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Breakfast is good ... Is that a typical Bahamian breakfast?

Definitely a CPA one! :)

Bahamians like souse for breakfast (chicken, sheep tongue, or pig's feet) with Johnny cake, or grits and tuna/sausage/fire engine (which I think is a spicy corned beef).

For years, the 99 cent breakfast was grits and something.

Me? What I did do, @trystan:blink:

Toppage, page 353. B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

17 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Me? What I did do, @trystan? :blink:

something about unlocking all the egg images so they'd all be unlocked in the market.

i don't remember when we were talking about it. XD

One Deep Southern USA tradition that I never adopted was eating grits.

Canned hominy is fine. Grits aren't. 

I don't feel very good today and it's lovely outside, of course.

Hominy is dried corn that has been soaked in an alkali. That changes the flavor. Grits can be made from hominy corn that has been dried again, then ground to bits, then cooked. 

Why would you even do that? The American Civil War - whatever crops the armies came across, they ate or destroyed. Non-soldiers were forced to eat what that was normally grown as livestock food like cowpeas (black-eyed peas). 

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Grits? Hominy? Is it safe to google that?

Totally! XD It's corn in other forms.

Heading home now. I may stay offline tonight.

10 hours ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

Hello humans. I feel like the CPA age of Spirit and Fort may have passed. I've not been on often but it seems like you two haven't been either.

Oh, I hope not! But they have not been around much lately.

Please excuse my weird expanded signature. It has to do with a bug report I posted in the Help forum and is only temporary!

Much warmer here today, but quite windy. We can hear the wind howling around the corner of the house. At least we have no snow, rain, or sleet. I have had quite enough of the icy stuff for this year. I'm ready for spring!

@Long_Before_Sunrise I don't think I have ever had hominy. Grits is highly overrated by Southerners! I managed to choke down a few bites when it came with my breakfast at a restaurant, but it's not something I would ever order!

Edited by purplehaze

Good morning everyone!

I tried grits once... It tastes like pap but with a more corn flavour

Good morning peeps!

Spirit and I have been mostly talking video games on Discord since few people here know what we are going on about XD

FORTUNE!
*huggles*

To be fair these last few days you've been quiet as well XD

I also haven't been describing my dragons. I don't think I've done any since lockdown started 😧

14 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Hominy is dried corn that has been soaked in an alkali. That changes the flavor. Grits can be made from hominy corn that has been dried again, then ground to bits, then cooked. 

Why would you even do that?

Durability? Easy storage and transport?

14 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

The American Civil War - whatever crops the armies came across, they ate or destroyed. Non-soldiers were forced to eat what that was normally grown as livestock food like cowpeas (black-eyed peas). 

Well, the livestock probably wasn't alive anymore, so why let their food go to waste? It made them big and strong, after all!

6 minutes ago, Fortune86 said:

I also haven't been describing my dragons. I don't think I've done any since lockdown started 😧

But you had so much time! XD

Hey Ruby!

Yeah but since I've been working at home I've been able to watch Youtube while 'working'. 

You mean you found yourself *forced* to watch youtube by invisible procrastination magix?

(Don't I know that feeling)

I'm helping the other newspapers to send their pages.... Apparently they are slow again