Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

*sends Spirit anti-pain vibes*

You're sure Fortune didn't leave you with an invisible vise on your head?

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

*headesks* Of all times for Haar to get stung by something. I can't be here to monitor her. Poor kitty has a swollen paw and is feeling very sorry for herself. :(

Toppage, page 351! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

hey all! it's afternoon, and i'm just getting here.

i've recorded my adult valentines dragons for this year, and moved them to where they should be on my scroll (i have my Guardians of Nature guarding my eggs and hatches at the top, then my lil's then some faves, then once you get to Cassandra, my Aeon, it goes in breed order.  so the new ones were near the top); i went through the trading hub and Silvi's looking for eggs to fill in my Encyclopedia, and am doing some cave stalking for Labradorites for my newest list of characters to name dragons for.

now i'm about to watch my shows i recorded last night, and then more twilight zone :) 

later, we might take the blanket over to my nephew, but it depends on the weather!

That sounds like some busy scroll time, @trystan.

I finally have proper internet but I'm not in the mood for scroll stuff tonight.

oh it was.  i got lots of stuff sorted. :) 

i delivered my nephew's blanket to him tonight.  he got all excited that it was all the colors of the rainbow! i asked if he wanted to put it on his bed, he said he wanted to put it in his closet! we all laughed. :) 

Not much good in a closet! But I'm glad he liked it.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

I miss my kittens.

Clover, the dog I am minding till Monday, surprised me by not wanting to head out for a walk the moment I got out of bed.

he's a goofy kid. :) 

i'm at my retail job from 1 to 5 today, and i suspect it'll be only me, the manager for the afternoon, and someone at our framing counter so i won't have any back up on register, and my guess is it'll be busy as anything today. ugh.

younger daughter said there's only like 3 or 4 people each shift because the manager didn't fire any of the seasonal workers, so we have all these workers and not a lot of hours.  my guess is also that it's supposed to be a slow time of the year (it usually is!) between january and march.... but this year is still weird (thanks, pandemic!).  i'll bet it'll be the same situation through the end of may.  retail and corporations are always looking to make more this year compared to last year (which is fair), but i think they use last year's customer volume to base this year's on.... and that doesn't work this year :blink:

now, while it sounds good, i'm really just calling it as i thing it might be.... but it could be totally wrong, for all i know.

2 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Power still out.

stay safe and try to check in from time to time!

{{hugs}}

2 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Power still out.

Stay safe! *sends blankets*

Thanks for updating us!

It rained. But we were surprisingly busy all day.

we were busy too.... not sure if that was because it was a dry day out there, or that there's more mess forecast for monday? XD 

Ah, and more mess means time hunkered at home doing crafts?

I thought I had laptop internet here. :rolleyes: I don't. I'd hoped to do the game on a proper screen.

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Ah, and more mess means time hunkered at home doing crafts?

yep.  craft supplies are the new "milk, bread, and eggs." XD 

and they don't go bad if you lose power. XD 

Very true, so long as you have light to do them by.

Electricity back on... in part of the house? 

Two lightbulbs blown, clock out on stove, one outlet doesn't want to work. 

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

I think I'll have a several mini panic attacks.

I got lights, but it acts like the mini electric heater is a big drain on the system.

yikes!

maybe come up here for a bit, we have heat and lights.

{{hugs}} if that's your thing

That sounds like a - oh I've forgotten the term for it - when only half the power is coming in properly. Around here, it's a frequent occurrence.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

The wind has picked up and is whipping around the buildings where I am (directly on the ocean), and of course I didn't pack any warm clothes (though last minute I grabbed one wrap on the way out, thank goodness), and of course the dog decided this morning we had to do the full walk around the complex, shoreside and all (she would have gone to the beach had she been able, but I didn't have the beach gate key on me), so I'm feeling a bit wind-shocked.

*snuggles Lagie to warm her up*

Still below freezing here, but sunny so the ice is melting a bit anyway.

OH Lagie, I SO envy you .. My Dad was in the Navy. He was a lifer. I was literally raised on the beach! I can hear the wind, feel the sand in my face. Smell that glorious smell of home. Although we moved 12 times in 13 years. Stress of school, I thank God for all the animals I was allowed to have. The only constant thing that never changed  in my life was the ocean.  I hope I haven't let my mouth get  me in trouble again. 

another day off from the retail job, heh. younger daughter, however, is working, and is unhappy that i'm not scheduled. XD 

i'm slowly filling in the shadow eggs on my encyclopedia entries.  it won't be until xmas that they're all filled in though.... i have a few halloween and xmas eggs i still need to view, and there's only one time of year i can do that.... and it's not the end of February! XD but i'm now down to 22 different eggs from like 34, so progress is being made.

it's crisp and cold outside today, but it's the calm before the mess tomorrow, which could be snow showers in the late morning, and then rain in the afternoon.

in a strange coinkydink, i'm able to pick up my groceries tonight, so yaay! :) 

Got up over 60 F. today and still got ice anywhere there's shade. Burned some limbs. Ice stubbornly stayed even next to the burn pile. That's how it is after a real winter weather. Lost at least half my plants I'd overwintered for several years. 

Electric company came and trimmed the pine tree that was stealing electricity from the house. So I have full power back now. 

I also have a 15 ft. pine limb stabbed straight into the ground like a new tree grew there during the ice. And about 5 equally long pine branches on the ground.

I don't have enough Guardian dragons to play bingo, but snickerkitties does have one of their offspring. I guess that counts for something?

10 hours ago, Suzan said:

Smell that glorious smell of home.

Nice! :)

No smell today alas as the wind was too strong.

I am glad your power is back, @Long_Before_Sunrise

I have only three CB guardians, period. And no hybrid offspring because I clicked the wring dragon trying to breed one five days ago (no egg produced, thankfully).

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I have only three CB guardians, period. And no hybrid offspring because I clicked the wring dragon trying to breed one five days ago (no egg produced, thankfully).

i have a few CB Guardians actually (7).  i also have two Nobleshields as well, but only one is 2G XD