Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

16 minutes ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Here in our country manual cars are more in demand than automatic. Basically when you go for your drivers license here you have to pass with a manual transmission car. You can always drive an automatic on a later stage but passing has to be with a manual one.

I have the pleasure to drive with both cause my car is manual and my mothers is automatic. When I'm lazy I take her car XD

Hmmm... that's practical in my opinion.

I don't really miss that feel of needing three legs when stopped on an slope and you need to have the clutch, the brakes, and the accelerator all pressed to keep the vehicle's engine running and the vehicle stopped, but ready to move, though, especially with vehicles in front of you and behind you.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

I used to have great control over clutch and petrol pedals but dang. In this new car it runs smooth that I can't feel where the hiccups are XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Shouldn't smooth make it easier to drive, Spirit?

We caught Odin last night so he'll be neutered today. Now the only one left to do is the mother of the kittens but she doesn't come around much now. I think she may be pregnant again.

9 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I don't really miss that feel of needing three legs when stopped on an slope and you need to have the clutch, the brakes, and the accelerator all pressed to keep the vehicle's engine running and the vehicle stopped, but ready to move, though, especially with vehicles in front of you and behind you.

In newer cars, they've added a feature that on a slope, after letting go of the break, it still holds for a second or so, meaning you have just enough time to move that foot from one pedal to the other before the wheels are actually released. I love that feature!

i drove a stick/manual back in the 90s for like 10 or 11 months.  now, i much prefer the automatic.  hubby does love his stickshift car though!

I drove stick once and only once. A friend of mine was seriously drunk and it was either let her drive, do the driving myself, or walk. (No taxis in town that day, not sure why.) Thankfully, it was a flat straight line most of the way, and I didn't mess up her bright red Dodge Ram truck getting us home.

Indeed - two flamey dragons with such different personalities! :D

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

The amaringis dragons are really beautiful!

consequently, assuring happiness in their territory is a priority for an Amarignis, through a variety of means such as charming ballads, gifts and aid.

I foresee a number of Mistra pairings coming soon.

so when will the Amarignis actually show up in the encyclopedia? just curious.

also - i've got another book/cast of characters to collect dragons for!  but one of the familiars is an owl - any suggestions on an owl-like dragon?

2 hours ago, trystan said:

so when will the Amarignis actually show up in the encyclopedia? just curious.

I think new releases show up sometime after ordinary players (not TJ) start getting adults.

Just now, purplehaze said:

I think new releases show up sometime after ordinary players (not TJ) start getting adults.

yeah, that makes sense.  i was just wondering on a timeline. :) 

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

yeah, that makes sense.  i was just wondering on a timeline. :) 

So probably another 2 or 3 days.

Yeah, once we start getting our own adults. Don't forget to click the adults in the hatcheries as it may be a while before you can click more!

I took the neighbour's cat to the vet this morning. She behaved beautifully, much much better than I'd anticipated, but now she is seriously upset at having to spend the night in the crate. I have to take her back in the morning, and I'm sure if I let her loose, she'll snub me for a couple of days. Plus this way I can be sure she doesn't eat in the morning.

oh of course! unless my calculations are off, adults should start popping up just after midnight on the 19th?

well that's good news about the neighbor's cat! yaay!

They should, yes.

Now to have the neighbours (not the cat's people) stop sawing and drilling and hammering. It is supposed to stop at 5. I used to live in a quiet complex.

I do. I definitely do. I seem to have been complaining a lot about the noise here. And then I wonder why I'm irritable or ready to cry at the drop of a hat. My nervous system doesn't do noise well.

Maybe you need to invest in some sound-deadening headphones or something, @Lagie. Too bad you have so much noise around you.

I hate hatchling lock! I won't be able to pick up any of those delicious low-time eggs until morning!

@Lagie - bleh. yeah.

want to come over here and spend a quieter night?  we have a few cats, so there's that bit....