Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

soon?

i was able to register for the webinar! yaay! :D 

10 p.m. They usually stop about now so people can get home before that.

Yay! I hope it's a good one!

Toppage, page 358! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

i'm sure it will be - it's "Creating Believable Vilians" ... by an author you might be familiar with, Lagie.... Maria Snyder! :) 

Ooh, nice! :) Enjoy that!

Good night!

*poofs in a cloud of Dairy Milk chocolate*

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

For some reason, while I was awake in the middle of the night, I was thinking about parking lots in Toronto, so of course my dreams after that, when I finally got back to sleep, were riddled with parking problems. XD

Good morning, Lagie and CPA!

We had heavy rain last night and it is still rainy and gloomy this morning. I like to watch the sunrise, but it looks like I won't get to do that today.

Darn! I forgot to put those 2 z'Nocturnes from the AP into hatcheries before I went to bed last night, so they are still eggies on my scroll, taking up real estate that I was hoping to use for other things! At least I did influence them and they are ER enough that they will hatch fast.

work shortly!

i'll be back later.

i have eggs to hatch (i have exactly enough Red dragons to do that!) and at least one of my hatchies will have grown up, too! :) 

Work was exhausting and my back hurts. I cannot wait to get home and lie down!

work wasn't too bad, but tomorrow night will be interesting.  after a certain time (5?) it'll just be me, a manager, and a framer. ugh.

8 minutes ago, trystan said:

work wasn't too bad, but tomorrow night will be interesting.  after a certain time (5?) it'll just be me, a manager, and a framer. ugh.

Is Sunday night usually busy for you?

25 minutes ago, trystan said:

Is that your favourite manager? Or another one?

Is it curfew yet?

Hold on. I'll sneak over and smear some peanut butter on the electric cords and do the Pied Piper rat summoning thing.

2 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Hold on. I'll sneak over and smear some peanut butter on the electric cords and do the Pied Piper rat summoning thing.

Please do. The just-finished rendition of Happy Birthday was painful.

32 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Is Sunday night usually busy for you?

wellllllll...... pre-covid, no, not really.  it's not really busy from like shortly after xmas until a few weeks before easter.

however - it was like Black Friday from the moment we reopened back at the beginning of June!

but usually there'd be the manager, a framer, and two cashiers - one to ring, and the other to return stuff to the shelves - the stuff that people decided they didn't want or things they actually returned (although "returns from the outside" go into a cart where they sit for 2 or 3 days and then they go back on the shelves.

18 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Is that your favourite manager? Or another one?

oh, it's the manager we all hate. ugh.

although i think she's getting better about some things.

but i expect most of her shift tomorrow she'll be in the office, sitting on her butt, doing nothing.

Good morning.

*sets out coffee, teas, yogurt, croissant breakfast sandwiches, and muffins*

People sleeping in today, I guess.

slept in, took a longer shower, replaced the shower curtain liner, had breakfast while reading some of my book.... and now i'm here and also going grocery shopping online

then i have to leave for work in like 2 hours.

it's raining.

normally when it rains, customers buy a lot of HUGE things that they want bags for - foam core sheets, posterboard sheets, big frames that aren't already wrapped in plastic... and the bags don't really fit.  and they want bags for everything, including just a basket or plastic-wrapped frames, because "it's raining out there."

🙄

there were a lot of people who bought the foam core and posterboard yesterday, so maybe there won't be that many today?

wishful thinking XD 

edit - i have a new avatar look for another few weeks - i noticed someone else had picked the avi i was using for Winter, so now i have a Winter dragon look!

Edited by trystan

can i be that cat? i don't wanna go to work. heh.

edit: i want to find more characters to name dragons for XD 

hmm.... i have one already from So Weird.... hmm... guess i'll be stalking for Mistras later! heh.

edit 2: any good dragons that might work as a friendly bear or a tiger? XD 

Edited by trystan

Brimstone, Leodian, Pillow...

Neotropical is green with yellow stripes!  Like Cringer from He-Man!

Going back to bed sounds good.  -_-

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

7 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Good morning.

*sets out coffee, teas, yogurt, croissant breakfast sandwiches, and muffins*

People sleeping in today, I guess.

Thank you. I wasn't up to feeding everyone today. The aunt with whom I had Sunday brunch practically every Sunday for twenty-plus years passed away yesterday. :(I've spent the day cleaning house to distract myself.

How awful. *hugs* I offer my inadequate condelences. You'll be missing her for a long time. 

May I suggest, after the mourning period, coming up with a new Sunday tradition to honor her memory?

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Thank you. I wasn't up to feeding everyone today. The aunt with whom I had Sunday brunch practically every Sunday for twenty-plus years passed away yesterday. :(I've spent the day cleaning house to distract myself.

So sorry to hear that! I remember you speaking of her often. Big cyberhugs to you.

oh wow, Lagie, i'm so sorry to read that! :( 

thanks LongBeforeSunrise. i'll check some of those out.