Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

5 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Why is my browser asking me if I want my scroll page translated into Welsh?

Browsers are weird like that. XD

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Now under Active Winter Storm Watch

Here, I named a dragon for my feelings about this announcement

Stay safe! Great name!

Be careful out there, @trystan and daughter!

We were $2 shy of a four digit day today! And I didn't spend the whole time on cash for a change (my poor volunteer had to deal with the shopping cart lady).

Toppage, page 347! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

9 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Be careful out there, @trystan and daughter!

i'm also concerned about the other idjits out there - especially as LongBeforeSunrise says, "the drivers who have courage, but not good sense"

but your three digit day sounds like a good day anyway!

The other drivers are udually the problem.

It was a good day!

But I'm now concerned about the music that has literally just started blaring. I do not need 3 + hours of live music to end my week.

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

i'm also concerned about the other idjits out there - especially as LongBeforeSunrise says, "the drivers who have courage, but not good sense"

So, so true. And it is more like foolishness than courage. They don't know enough to be cautious!

I slip-slid out to get the newspaper on the driveway this morning and we have had a lot more nasty freezing stuff since then. Good day to hole up inside!

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

But I'm now concerned about the music that has literally just started blaring. I do not need 3 + hours of live music to end my week.

Yep. Not fun. Especially since you seem to have to deal with it a lot!

Glad you had a good shop day (and could let someone else deal with the problem customer!)

Just now, trystan said:

but.... do you like the music that's blaring?

No. That's why it's an issue! XD

Just now, purplehaze said:

Yep. Not fun. Especially since you seem to have to deal with it a lot!

One or two times a week, every week. Ever since the renovated squash club became a bar and food truck restaurant, too. And since we still have no indoor dining, everything is outdoors and way too close to my literal backyard.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

So, so true. And it is more like foolishness than courage. They don't know enough to be cautious!

Good day to hole up inside!

exactly!

and i agree.  i was off today, and so i was inside all day.  did some crocheting earlier, and will do more in a little bit, too!

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:
5 minutes ago, trystan said:

but.... do you like the music that's blaring?

No. That's why it's an issue! XD

totally understand!

silly renovated squash club.....

Very silly. It's loud enough to hear but not loud enough to be a call-the-police level.

Microwaved baked potatoes make a lot of noise while baking. :blink:

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

Very silly. It's loud enough to hear but not loud enough to be a call-the-police level.

ugh, that IS frustrating!

come on over here, it's quiet.  hubby's watching a nascar race, that's all

21 minutes ago, trystan said:

ugh, that IS frustrating!

come on over here, it's quiet.  hubby's watching a nascar race, that's all

Oddly, but nicely, it has stopped! :)

Aren't those loud?

I kept hearing Ghost mrrping outside. He usually mrrps on arrival and mrrps as he leaves, like 'I'm here!' and 'Thanks for the food.' So the repeated mrrping was unusual. Turns out I'd forgotten to refill the bowls after the doves cleaned them out, and he was mrrping to tell me he needed food! XD He even let Haar go first and sniffed at her head as she did, without growling at her (it's possible he's their father, in fact, though I think it's more likely to have been Lynx).

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

Aren't those loud?

well, when you're there in persoin they are!  on the tv you just turn the volume down! :) 

He usually mrrps on arrival and mrrps as he leaves, like 'I'm here!' and 'Thanks for the food.'

awww, that's adorable!

1 minute ago, trystan said:

well, when you're there in persoin they are!  on the tv you just turn the volume down! :) 

awww, that's adorable!

Volume control is good! And I was wrong about the music. It is still there.

It is. :) He will even allow me to stroke him while he's eating.

ugh for the music still being there.

the race is almost over.

hubby can pet Rocky when he's eating.  most of the rest of the time it's like .... "is Rocky accepting pets?" *Rocky baps at your hand* ... nope! XD 

Edited by trystan
typo, of course.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Turns out I'd forgotten to refill the bowls after the doves cleaned them out, 

?

What are you feeding them that the doves crave?

8 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

?

What are you feeding them that the doves crave?

Dry cat food. These are Euarasian ringneck doves, very similar to pigeons.

Maybe they decided it had to be louder for Valentine's? Is it curfew time yet???

38 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Dry cat food. These are Euarasian ringneck doves, very similar to pigeons.

I have raised ringneck/collared/eurasian  doves and have one as a pet now. What you're describing sounds like they're considerably bigger than the ones I have experience with. Dovey is small. Small enough that she can't eat oatmeal flakes unless I roll and rub them in my hands to break them up. She couldn't eat the small soybeans in the food she originally came with. She eats like parakeet, cockatiel, finch seed mixed with chick crumbles. The feral ringneck doves in town are about the same size.

I'm curious about these doves and their size difference. Can you snap a photo of them?

And I wish the V-Day event would start. Not that I have a chance of grabbing an egg in the first few hours.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

28 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I'm curious about these doves and their size difference. Can you snap a photo of them?

And I wish the V-Day event would start. Not that I have a chance of grabbing an egg in the first few hours.

I'll try and get a shot tomorrow for you.

I usually wait till later in the day for my new holiday eggs. It gives me a chance to be a bit picky with the codes.

*blesses the curfew* The music stopped half a song after 9 p.m.

Edited by Lagie
Typo

I usually wait till later in the day for my new holiday eggs. It gives me a chance to be a bit picky with the codes.

so~

#1 - friday through tuesday is usually when i get new eggs of any sort in the morning.  i'll get them on a wednesday or thursday morning depending when i'm working (or not) on the friday or saturday. 

#2 - i can get them any day of the week in the evening, and i usually stop hunting (when i am hunting) by like 10 p.m. Cave/Eastern Time.

#1 because i don't want them to hatch on a friday or saturday while i'm at work and i can't take them out of their hatcheries.

#2 because i don't want to be putting them in hatcheries at 1 in the morning (i put them in hatcheries starting at 5d23h).  even though some nights i'm still up at that time, i'm actually off my laptop and getting ready for bed.

conclusion.... i'll probably get my new valentines eggs in the morning when i get up.

and.... that was way more than y'all needed to know XD 

XD You left out Sunday completely.

Good night, all!

*poofs in a cloud of some baked apple pastry things*

Codes. I didn't even think about codes. I thought, "Yay! I got one!"

I do abandon some for the players that miss the event.

Just now, Lagie said:

XD You left out Sunday completely.

nope, it's included in the "friday through tuesday is usually when i get new eggs of any sort in the morning," rather than typing out friday saturday, sunday, monday, and tuesday" XD 

*poofs in a cloud of some baked apple pastry things*

ooh, baked apple pastry things! XD 

1 minute ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I didn't even think about codes. I thought, "Yay! I got one!"

same here!

i don't usually think about codes until later.  like when i bred a Rosebud, and her code was OznaM - so now her name is Ozna M Rosa :) 

Just now, trystan said:

ooh, baked apple pastry things! XD 

and I was already craving something sweet... 

*sneaks back in with brownies*

If I disappear tomorrow, it means I've run out of data.

1 minute ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

and I was already craving something sweet... 

younger daughter made some mini apple pies, they're in the fridge.  want to come on over? :D 

@Lagie - oooh brownies!

if you disappear tomorrow, we'll miss you!

Edited by trystan

10 hours ago, trystan said:

@Lagie - oooh brownies!

if you disappear tomorrow, we'll miss you!

I wouldn't disappear before brownies! ;)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

And today it's the noisy tenants across the quad. My complex used to be nice and quiet. *rolls her eyes*

Is everyone having fun with the spells?