Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

My dad's just had a phone call. Because he can't work from home but can't work at work (he's 71) they're cutting his pay to 80%.

I'm just happy he still has a job. 

Ouch. But you're right. At least he has a job and some pay. I am so grateful right now to be working at a place deemed 'essential'.

Yeah I know we are in a much better position than many. Plus we should be saving on petrol since we only ever go out once a week for food XD

morning all!

my main job is essential only because the financial regulatory authority that my company is a part of is more up-to-date than my boss, and we still have to file our monthly business reports and such and they haven't changed their filing deadlines. i say "more up-to-date than my boss" meaning my boss is still kinda in the stone age.  the financial regulatory authority is probably completely all online and totally up-to-date with computers and everything.  meanwhile, our server computer (we only have a network of 4 - the server, my desktop, my boss' laptop and surface - still runs WinXP.  my computer and my boss' laptop is still Win7. so.... yeah.  but as long as the financial regulatory authority doesn't change their deadlines... i'm essential.  BUT we're small enough so that i can be in two days a week, and my boss in the other two.  i'm just really hoping that my check next week is for all of my 24 hours a week!

my retail job? closed. *sigh*

Come in.  Stay a while.  CPA is a nice place to be.  

I know.  I hardly recognize her without Trotsky.  

8 hours ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

Omg Lagie has a new profile picture! What is this madness!?

4 hours ago, Classycal said:

I know.  I hardly recognize her without Trotsky.  

Temporary, I assure you!  But they're just so CUTE!!!

Why do my fingers now know where the vowels are any more?

Good afternoon, CPA! B)

*sets out granola bars*

I actually slept in for a change.  It's so quiet around here with everyone on lockdown. No traffic on the roads. No planes in the sky.

i started out with a dragon icon, so now i just have to remember which dragon is mine XD 

@lagie: the air is cleaner too c:

actually enjoying it so far. wondering how quickly I'll go through my food supply though now that I'm not out buying lunch and such.

*hops in* A different way of moving today. XD 

Finally. I think I’ve done all I need to do and in the proper timing, too...

7 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

@lagie: the air is cleaner too c:

It is!

The birds are loving it!

I know have four cats feeding at my house. The feral tabby actually arrived this morning just after Ginger and Jenny finished. I was surprised they let him in!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out cake*

I will need cereal and yoghurt in the next couple of days. I hope we will be allowed to shop again come Monday.

I hope you can shop, too.  I have to go out Mon or Tues.  I made 3 masks yesterday since the CDC is now recommending you wear them when you are out.  

i quickly put together two masks, one for me and one for hubby, for when we go shopping.  hubby's i ended up safety-pinning, i hope it isn't too much of a bother for him when he actually uses it.  i'll use it wednesday morning when i go pick up my groceries. 

since my pick-up time is 11 a.m., i hope i get more of my order than last time, which was supposed to be saturday night.  night pick-ups aren't the most ideal though.  

tuesday and thursday are my days to be in the office.  i'll only see the mail guy and the UPS guy .... thursday is payday. woot!

There's no 'we' allowed here for shopping. Each household is to have a designated shopper. Since I live alone, there's not much of a decision as to who goes. XD

Our pool and laundry room are closed with the extra lockdown, and lo... idjits in the pool today. Sigh.

I've just bred a bunch of wyverns to the AP for this month's raffle.

Edited by Lagie

well, hubby usually doesn't do the shopping, that's me.  but sometimes he needs to get out of the house, so he'll go for a drive and end up at a supermarket to buy a few things.  it's been that way for many years now actually,

And... we have our shopping schedule now.Screenshot_20200405-142708.thumb.png.d6a39f85dfedb89279eeef3dd2dfd9b5.png

I'm in the middle group.

I would have liked to have seen a time slot for high-risk people, but so many Bahamians have hypertension, that would probably be a lot of people.

I guess I will head out tomorrow afternoon.

And... the idjits are still in the pool. They're going to be fried unless they slathered on the sunscreen.

Edited by Lagie

i guess when there's not a lot of people, that's workable.  i'm glad they haven't done that in the states.  i'm glad i got my pick-up slot on wednesday when i did.

We're still 300,000 + people on this little 19 x 7 island! But only one shopper per household should help.

It's a lot of people for such a small space!

There was an awesome video filmed yesterday, I think by a police officer, showing the empty empty streets due to the lockdown (with Man of la Mancha music playing over it! XD ).

It never looks like that any more on a normal day.

since i don't go anywhere unless it's shopping or my day to go into the office - i don't know what it looks like now.... but it's kinda busy when i go shopping, because shopping....

Yeah. Shopping.

I need pretty much everything at this point.

oh fun fun.  we're pretty good, actually, and i guess i could have picked a pick-up slot a little later in the week, but i don't really trust it these days....