Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

4 hours ago, dangershy said:

the high temp of today is supposed to be 97 Fahrenheit and it's supposed to drop down to snow tomorrow... i am not looking forward to it!

Oh, ugh!

I heard that sort of a forecast for Colorado, I think. Are you near there? That is just too sudden a change in temperature and then add in the snow! But I would think the ground should be warm enough that the snow won't stick around long, unless there is a lot of it.

You'd have to think that kind of a pressure change can't be good for you with the temperature changing so quickly.

I'm going through and renaming all of my dragons now. I can't believe I was 10 when I named most of these. For reference I'm now 20. So embarrassing...

E: Also!! Dangershy made me a new icon!! I'm currently waiting until I get a new job to change my IRL hair to look like that.

Edited by wonton55912

That is an extreme drop! Hope the snow doesn't stay long.

Have fun renaming!

And here I thought swapping out the old blind and putting in the new was going to be easy... I can't get the caps to come out so I can't shift the old one. *growls at the caps* I only need one of you to MOVE!

i got a new mouse for my computer, and hubby got new mouse toys for the kittens. LOL

i also got some yarn to make a character from Fortnite for my nephew for his birthday.  it was saturday, but i'm sure they understand. 

however, when i was talking to my mom, she told me that my sister-inlaw's cousin died from a heart attack this morning. :(   my sister-inlaw was close to her cousin, and my nephew was close to the cousin's son, even though the cousin lived up in my part of the world. (my brother, sister-inlaw, and nephew live in central-ish Maryland, i live in southeastern Pennsylvania.

we all need 2020 to be over now, but it has to make a stop for election day and a Joe Biden win, and then it can be 2021! please.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Oh, ugh!

I heard that sort of a forecast for Colorado, I think. Are you near there? That is just too sudden a change in temperature and then add in the snow! But I would think the ground should be warm enough that the snow won't stick around long, unless there is a lot of it.

yes, smack in the center of denver! i'm anxious because i have an appointment for 7.30 in the morning iirc and i don't want to drive in snow :( :( and since everything is closed for labor day, i can't even call and try to reschedule... i'll have to see what it's like in the morning...

that's really bad to hear, trystan, i'm sorry... i hope things work out okay.

1 minute ago, dangershy said:

that's really bad to hear, trystan, i'm sorry... i hope things work out okay.

thanks danger {{hugs}}

6 minutes ago, wonton55912 said:

Renamed all but 17 dragons. I am completely out of ideas.

Brownies. ;)

Music lyrics.

Favourite TV shows or games.

Obvious. (Oh look - a leetle tree)

I actually started naming them complete nonsense. I had a list of AI generated paint colors and used those as names, but I've run out of any of those that can be passed off as a name.

I'm going to have to memorize what all of the eggs look like now. Sitting in the AP and accidentally getting something I already have... fun times.

It gets easier as you see them more! Anything in particular you want to get?

Sigh. I can't log in to my phone account so I have no clue now what my balance is or how much data is left. I'm thinking they may be having issues because the renewal reminder message came but the renewal confirmation has not as yet (from 11:30 this morning).

I tried to breed my Thunder, Ice, and Magma dragons to no avail. I managed to get a hatchling black dragon from the AP which is cool, but it seems that the front page(s?) don't cycle as much as they used to, so it's probably more difficult to get rare dragons now without breeding.

46 minutes ago, wonton55912 said:

I'm really sorry for your loss @trystan.

thanks wonton

dragon names - characters from favorite shows, mythology, use behindthename.com for names based on their type (Neptune for a water dragon?)...

here's a list of all my groups, let me know if you want any more info about what's in there - 

Spoiler

1047787781_Screenshot2020-09-07at8_10_15PM.png.5db0ededc8aae7e7f43c2bca7a2741de.png

as you can see, i'm down to 429 unnamed adults in the Who Am I group.  it was close to 500 not that long ago.

Edited by trystan

I managed to finish naming them all. They're still all absolute nonsense but it's done.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!! Now I just have to wait for my hatchies to grow up so I can think of good names for those too :)

Pink is the word? Is that your BSA pinks?

Yay for task finished! The best time for uncommons and rares is at the five minute drops from :05 to about :35. That seems to be when I see unusual stuff. Or breed. Or trade.

15 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Pink is the word? Is that your BSA pinks?

yep, Pink is the Word are my pinks, and with three (4?) exceptions, they're named for characters from Grease.  the questionable one is related - her parents are Rizzo and Kenickie :) 

31 minutes ago, trystan said:

yep, Pink is the Word are my pinks, and with three (4?) exceptions, they're named for characters from Grease.  the questionable one is related - her parents are Rizzo and Kenickie :) 

Do you know... (are you sitting down?) I never saw Grease?

My pinks are (un)creatively in a group called Influencers. :P

@Lagie How quickly do rares usually get nabbed after the 5 minute drops. I've looked in the last three drops and not seen anything noteworthy

12 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Do you know... (are you sitting down?) I never saw Grease?

My pinks are (un)creatively in a group called Influencers. :P

well, go fix that and watch Grease! :) 

love your group though.  maybe they could be influencers on instagram? :) 

4 minutes ago, wonton55912 said:

How quickly do rares usually get nabbed after the 5 minute drops. I've looked in the last three drops and not seen anything noteworthy

if i'm looking for ... well, any egg really, i go to the biome on the :x4 or :x9 and hover over the refresh button.  as soon the clock flips to the 5 or 0, i refresh, and sometimes i get lucky :) 

Edited by trystan

@dangershy Good Luck getting to your appointment in the morning. Hopefully the streets won't be bad. Too bad the appointment is so early.

34 minutes ago, wonton55912 said:

How quickly do rares usually get nabbed after the 5 minute drops. I've looked in the last three drops and not seen anything noteworthy

Instantly! Even if I do happen to refresh at exactly the right second and see one I can't click fast enough to catch! People do catch them somehow. I guess my reflexes are just too slow.

@trystan Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law's cousin. That is sad.

And yes, 2020 needs to go!

Edited by purplehaze

Sorry to hear about your loss trystan.  

Confused Cat's site gives you some good nonsense names.  I can't post a link with my tablet, but maybe someone else can.  

I did actually see a Gold Dragon the other day, but I wasn't fast enough to nab it.  

I spent the morning with a friend getting a few items from the house that I wanted.  Then I went to a family cookout then spent the evening with a couple of friends cleaning out my basement of my house.  I promised the buyer that everything would be out!  We threw a lot out and Martha fell in love with most of the glassware which was good because I just don't have room for all of it in my apartment.  We found some letters from my Dad to my Mom during the Korean War.  Can't wait to read those.  I'm exhausted.  

41 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

@trystan Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law's cousin. That is sad.

And yes, 2020 needs to go!

it is sad :(  he was younger than me, i think.  he leaves a wife and two sons, 13 and 4

42 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Instantly! Even if I do happen to refresh at exactly the right second and see one I can't click fast enough to catch!

this has happened to me as well.

also, who left all those Khusa eggs on the AP???

hello, i just woke up from a nap... i ate too much food earlier and passed out from it :P it's not MY fault that food is so tasty!

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

@dangershy Good Luck getting to your appointment in the morning. Hopefully the streets won't be bad. Too bad the appointment is so early.

i really might not even go, i really don't like driving in icy conditions and i probably need to get new wheels... they've been feeling a bit smooth on the concrete and i really don't want to risk that in any kind of snow!

i've usually been ap lurking to pick up random low-time eggs! i've picked up a couple of caveborns, i turned one into a vamp for my friend :) i also just bred a second gen pb magi and a second gen shallow water so that's nice!! i realized i actually have a second gen pb ridgeback so i can get a nice third gen carina instead of fourth gen like i thought i was gonna have to go with ^_^ i just need to wait for the cb nebby that lagie gave me to hatch/need to wait for my two to be ready to breed again

i've been considering releasing a few dragons, probably ones with really messy lineages because i kind of want to invest in better lineages now that i'm a bit more competent! i know it's not important but i like things that look nice...