Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

22 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Ditto! Actually describes me most days. :P

Yeah, a lot of it was stuff I could have done earlier in the week. A lot of assignments due at midnight tonight, a buttload of laundry, cleaning out the trash that's accumulated in my car... I got kicked out of where I was living 2 weeks ago and I've been putting off everything due to scramble mode.

At least I'm back living with grumpy old Mango the cat.

Edit: Top, and I finally got back into my dragon ccave account

Edited by wonton55912

27 minutes ago, wonton55912 said:

Edit: Top, and I finally got back into my dragon ccave account

*cuffs... with your own dragon!*

good morning again! lagie has put out a bunch of very nice food for cpa breakfast but i have something i like much, much more...

manoushe and labneh! *offers some for everyone else* :P

i feel like the most unoccupied person here, lol. i don't have a job or an education to attend to ... my plans for today are to probably draw some more! my friend invited me to do something with rim in a little bit, so i'm looking forward to that :) i might go rollerblading this afternoon if the weather cools off nicely!

it's been amusing to lay in my bed the past couple of hours and just hear my computer beep with the new post notification every few minutes ^_^

I really wish I had the time to go through and rename all of my dragons, but even being on this forum right now, I'm seriously slacking on the things I need to get done.

I have two assignments due tonight and I cannot focus whatsoever. 

Those assignments should probably be your priority, wonton! :P Save renaming for later! ;)

Though I know DC can be very distracting!

Nice that you can do art, Danger! My usual creative stuff (origami) has gone by the wayside as the craft fair I sell my things at has been cancelled for this year because of Covid.

Just now, Lagie said:

Nice that you can do art, Danger! My usual creative stuff (origami) has gone by the wayside as the craft fair I sell my things at has been cancelled for this year because of Covid.

it's all i've been doing for ten years! :P i'm actually waiting for a GD mod to help me out and close my super old art thread so i can open up a new one that's focused on all of my new work, because i've gotten a lot better and made a LOT more :) i'm really, really proud of how far i've come...

7 minutes ago, wonton55912 said:

I really wish I had the time to go through and rename all of my dragons, but even being on this forum right now, I'm seriously slacking on the things I need to get done.

lol, i'm not even gonna bother trying to rename all of my dragons. it's funny, there are a few dragons that i have descriptions written for and i kinda have to go through and fix them if they refer to me because they still all say 'she'! i did that with a couple dragons already, lol.

i've got some tall plans for my dragons now that i'm getting back in; and i'm actually being competent about planning things out... i have a 3rd gen purebred ridgeback and i'm trying to get my hands on a 4th caveborn nebula so i can breed up a 3rd gen purebred nebula to cross-breed them for one of those cool carina dragons so that the lineage will be aesthetically pleasing XD if i said that to my 13 year old self i'd be like "what the hell are you talking about???"

The carinas are really lovely dragons! My problem with the hybrid breeds is most of my pairings are monogamous so I either have to go out and collect the base pairs or make trades for the eggs.

morning all!

59 minutes ago, wonton55912 said:

I have way too much stuff to do today and no motivation with which to do it.

also me!

younger daughter is test driving two more cars today (with hubby), and then we go into the retail job at 3:30 (for those who are just joining us, younger daughter has been working at the same retail store as me for.... since sometime towards the end of her senior yr in high school (and now she's in her first semester sophomore year at college.  i've been at the retail store - okay, it's a Michael's! - since october of 2011 😮   while we're at work, hubby is meeting older daughter at Valley Forge National Park (which is less than an hour away from us)

yesterday i got a bunch of dragons renamed.  a short time ago (last week?) i had almost 500 unnamed adults, and now i'm down to 450, and i've got ideas for a few of the other unnameds as well.

You're making good progress with that, @trystan! (Nice failed ninja attempt there, too. XD )

Hope the work shift goes well!

Good Morning CPA!!  Waffles AND brownies!!!  ohhhh YUM! *makes like Cookie Monster - nom nom*

I agree with too much to do, no motivation...but I better do something, including naming some more dragons - that might be the highlight of my day.

(and playing with kitties)

Edited by a_god_s
*notify neighbor I'm coming over to play with kitties*

29 minutes ago, Lagie said:

You're making good progress with that, @trystan! (Nice failed ninja attempt there, too. XD )

i have plans for my Carinas, Laculas, Melismors, Leodons and Razorcrests too.  and my Halloween and Xmas ones too. since i have groups for Halloween and Xmas, they're all in a nice easy-to-find spot.  oh, and my Pygmies. i made a group for them too.  i didn't add my pumpkins in there though... hmm...

didn't plan on ninja'ing.  just planed to post XD 

see, i have dragon naming, a crochet blanket i'm working on, my t-shirt quilt, i still have some fabrics i want to make into masks (i mean, i don't wanna make the masks, but there's kinda this pandemic thing happening, so.....) and what am i doing? none of those. XD i'm also still in the middle of season 4 of the Twilight Zone, because i'm watching those on my computer - this computer that i'm goofing off on. XD 

Hmmm.... *noms waffles*

I need to do a bunch of stuff, too.  No motivation.  Sigh...

And I'm not helping. :P

It's a quiet rainy day and I'm revelling in the fact I have nothing pressing that needs to be done. XD

since tomorrow is Labor Day in th US, i don't have work, which means i don't have anything planned out either.  i do want to go to my JoAnn's and see if they have something for the Fortnight character i'm crocheting for my nephew for his birthday (it was yesterday (the birthday).  i'll be mailing it (the crochet character) when it's done.)

@trystan t-shirt quilt?  I need info and help!  It's something I've wanted to do with all my Harley t-shirts. I may have to sell my bike but I wanted to have something special as a reminder of my fun.

Edited by a_god_s
*gathers up t-shirts*

Wait...? You work at Michael's and shop at JoAnn's? Don't you guys sell some of the same things?

T-shirt quilt's a great idea! Do you quilt, a_god?

@a_god_s - it's something that's been in works for a mmfffmmmpf... long time. yep.  long time. it's my longest WIP, actually.

but anyway.  i have all the squares the same size now, had them that way for that same amount of long time.  i also have the little squares and strips to go between the big squares.  i also had 59 (!!!?) squares ready to go.  1. that'd be a HUGE quilt and 2. that's not even a nice number, let alone close to square ("close" would be 5x4, or 5x6, or 6x7.  even if i had 60 squares, 6x10? i could make two of 'em that would be 6x5,) - in the end, i went through ALL those squares, and picked out 25 of the best.  i have two large strips done, and i'm putting together a third.  let me see if i have that pic of the two strips so far.

ah, here we go.  the top strip is stuff connecting to college, the bottom strip is a few random connections

Spoiler

nhYRyH1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Wait...? You work at Michael's and shop at JoAnn's? Don't you guys sell some of the same things?

yes... yes i do, and yes we do. XD 

Edited by trystan

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

T-shirt quilt's a great idea! Do you quilt, a_god?

I can crochet and knit but sewing was never my strong suit. 

The only "sewing quilt" I was involved in was for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. There were squares with their pets, travels and hobbies, each daughter had their own square and their children shared an adjoining square(s). In the center, one of my cousins, stitched a pic from their wedding. It was a glorious piece of work!

That is a nice WIP trystan... I can hardly wait to see the finished item.

I know you have to put the t-shirts on another piece of fabric... I have that now but no sewing machine :(

Edited by a_god_s
I can needlepoint...but not croquet!!

That anniversary quilt sounds amazing! I'll bet it was a lot of hard work by a great many people. Quilting bee, anyone?

One of my shop customers quilts so I'm always keeping an eye on the fabrics that come in. We had a box of lovely pieces last week but she was out of town so her husband came to get it for her, then returned the next day to give me even more money because the pieces in the box had been so spectacular! That made a really nice change from the customers who always want more for next to nothing. :D

That is really nice Lagie, you don't find many like that anymore!

and yes @trystan its like that only with mallets and wickets!  LOL

I think you might be onto something Lagie... about a Bee... wouldn't it be cool to have a quilt where each square was a DC dragon?

Edited by a_god_s

10 minutes ago, a_god_s said:

and yes @trystan its like that only with mallets and wickets!  LOL

LOL.... it's just that you put the croquet and the knitting together.... XD 

40 minutes ago, Lagie said:

her husband came to get it for her, then returned the next day to give me even more money because the pieces in the box had been so spectacular! That made a really nice change from the customers who always want more for next to nothing. :D

that's really awesome, Lagie!

that looks super cool, trystan! i have a lot of admiration for people who do physical arts, like sewing or carving or building... it's really cool!

that actually sounds like an awesome idea, gods. i'm sure it'd be absolutely massive but imagine how cool it would be hung up... i'm especially thinking about all the dragons being arranged in rainbow order, oh man.

rainbow would be cool but I was thinking of going in their release date order - starting in the center as four pack and building outward (around like a spiral) - so you could keep adding the new ones - like a border

Oh! A dragon quilt would be awesome!

The only quilt I ever made was a baby quilt and it took me forever!

but if people took just 1 or 2 squares (4pks?) - and make it 5-6 times, they could swap with others and not only made something cool but made it with friends :)

I mean a smaller projects they could repeat easily and wouldn't take too much time,,, maybe?

edit... wait...How many different type are there now??

Edited by a_god_s
pulls hair!! what have I done!!