Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

hello god, it's nice to meet you! and thank you for the welcome, classycal! it's really cool to hear about the regular releases :o and yeah, it's absolutely BONKERS to me that there are people with literally ten thousands of dragons?! i thought 300 was a lot when i opened my old scroll!!

2 hours ago, trystan said:

so the good thing here is that you can rename your dragons.... if you so choose. :D

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Now you can rename!

i don't think i actually want to rename them! it might be a bit embarrassing to look back on but as far as i can see none of the names i set were particularly offensive, so there's not much reason to actually rename them :)

my aunt tried to teach me how to drive stick shift when i was i think 14 or 15 years old? it almost turned into a wreck... she had me driving in an empty parking lot late at night with very few lights! and i had never even driven a car before!! talk about a recipe for disaster >.> but she managed to stop me before we crashed into something that i Literally Wasn't Even Able To See.

i tried to let my little brother drive my car, which is an automatic, and the kid couldn't even gas it right. never in my life have i felt as unsafe as that!! the jagged, jittery way he'd speed up and pump the brakes as if it was a drum beat... yeesh.

oh jeez, page top AGAIN?? *puts out my arms* 😔

Edited by dangershy

I wouldn't want to and didn't rename any of my dragons.  I kept collecting some of the holiday dragons though.  I'm glad to hear that the names don't go away now.

It was hilarious when I learned a stick.  I bought one so I had to learn.  My mom and two cousins when out on a high school lot and there the fun began.  

1 hour ago, dangershy said:

oh jeez, page top AGAIN?? *puts out my arms* 😔

;)https://dragcave.net/lineage/mXvsc

I'm guessing the dented spoon name was from one of the Egg and Spoon Race games?

I learned the principles of stick shift in driver's ed but never once drove one until one weekend with a friend in Abaco when she got so drunk I refused to let her drive. My one and only stick shift experience was driving her ginormous red Dodge TRUCK along a thankfully mostly straight route back to her house with her giving me instructions as I drove. It didn't help that the gear position 'map' was upside down. About halfway home, she said, "You know, you really shouldn't have a drunk person teach you how to drive," to which I replied, "It's better than letting the drunk person drive!" We did make it home safely, thank goodness. I do not wish to repeat that experience!

I grew up spending the summers at a race track.  I learned stick way before an automatic transmission.

I'm pretty sure "THE SPOON HAS NO DENT" is from a voice chat conversation danger and I had with our friend Ruth. I may be wrong though.

9 minutes ago, wonton55912 said:

I'm pretty sure "THE SPOON HAS NO DENT" is from a voice chat conversation danger and I had with our friend Ruth. I may be wrong though.

31 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I'm guessing the dented spoon name was from one of the Egg and Spoon Race games?

yeah, it was something from voice chat! it's super vague now but i'm pretty sure wonton was trying to eat some kind of soup or noodles? and the spoon he was eating it with didn't have a "dent" in it, like the part that you scooped with was flat. at least i THINK that was the explanation...

also, that sounds like a nightmare, lagie o_o

so the learning went well.... like everything - it takes practice. but if she can drive stick, she can drive any car.  i prefer automatic though.

as for dragon names, i have a black dragon named Sable.  i wanted her to rule over some realms in Dragonlance, so i started with Sable of.... went to a wiki, and pasted in "of Kern and Blode" ... so her name is Sable of of Kern and Blode.  when we got the renaming option, my daughters said nah, don't rename her.  so i haven't! XD 

I have a couple of dragons with Sable in their names.  It was a cat's name.  

No Sable in my stable!

Good night, all!

*poofs in a cloud of brownies*

in heraldry, sable is black, so that's why she's a black dragon. :) 

g'night Lagie!

it sure is something to sit around drawing and hear the little post notifications in the background... sleep well, lagie! *gives her a blanket*

i've got a lot of strange names on my scroll, a lot of them look like keysmashes honestly. but i;m actually thinking about using them as placenames or people names of astroria! i have plans piling up on plans for new characters to make even as i type, and i'm certainly going to need names for them :) at least my strange naming conventions haven't changed too much over the years... from names like "arehsa" and "vieelir" ten years ago, all the way to names like "esacet" and "kezkhi" now!

9 minutes ago, dangershy said:

i've got a lot of strange names on my scroll,

my daughters have some weeeeird names too. they've both been inactive for many years now, though.

I get some weird names from confused cat's site.

i have the site bookmarked, and even put a few codes in to see what name suggestions i got.  none of them said "pick me! pick me!" so i didn't.

i'm weird, i know.

I have used CC's site for some names when I get stuck. I usually just look at the code myself, though, and create something from it. Some of them are a little awkward, but not really weird.

My bred dragons are usually named from some sort of mashup of their parents' names, if they are something I can work with.

Beautiful sunny day here and much cooler than it has been. I would love to get outdoors and do something!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Though it's not such a good morning - the coworker who had Covid passed away. :(

I had already decided I was going into work (it's my day off) to sort books into the new shelves for a couple if hours.

Just now, Lagie said:

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Though it's not such a good morning - the coworker who had Covid passed away. :(

I had already decided I was going into work (it's my day off) to sort books into the new shelves for a couple if hours.

good morning, good morning! *takes some tea* ❤️

that ... is not so much of a good morning :( my condolences, i hope their loved ones are okay...

but i hope you have fun sorting books! :)

38 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I have used CC's site for some names when I get stuck. I usually just look at the code myself, though, and create something from it. Some of them are a little awkward, but not really weird.

My bred dragons are usually named from some sort of mashup of their parents' names, if they are something I can work with.

i've named a lot of my dragons based on their codes too!! i actually have a hatchy with the code "mEHhe" and it looks like "me hhe..." so i gave it my name :) but i definitely have stranger names for codes.. like "Michael Jackson Nut"

i don't know if i've ever had family naming! i always just kinda named my dragons whatever came to my head, no real rhyme or reason :P

there's probably still an ozone alert out in denver... it's been like that for months now 😕 i've been wanting to go out rollerblading but i really would rather not choke on ozone and burn myself like a broiler in the sunlight!!

i do think i'm going to make knafeh today though :) i need to go to the grocery store and pick up some lemon juice so i can make the ater sugar syrup!

Good afternoon everyone!!

I just found out I have a job interview Thursday!! Cushy government job, but I care less about that and more about not dealing with the small company drama I currently deal with. It's like I work with a bunch of 40 year old high schoolers.

Does anyone here (from the US) happen to know if it's normal to get a W4 to fill out before the interview? Just seems odd.

I've had to fill them out before the interview.  

I'm impatiently waiting for the Kentucky Derby to start.

Is that today? And me with no television...

Good luck with the interview, @wonton55912!

That sounds toasty, @dangershy! Better to not overdo it, I would think. We've been over 100 with the heat index here lately.

2 hours ago, wonton55912 said:

Does anyone here (from the US) happen to know if it's normal to get a W4 to fill out before the interview? Just seems odd.

hubby and i agree that the W4 is usually filled out as part of the new hire paperwork (we're in PA)

crazy weekend at my retail job.  i also bought some halloweenie silicon moulds - one is gravestones the other mice.  might make some chocolate treats... eventually XD 

also got to help hubby change out my car battery.  i've only had the car for two years, but it's a 2015, and so the battery was 5 years old.  but now i have a new battery for the wintertime, so there's that.

Mmm. Chocolate.

I could use chocolate today.

oh Lagie... I am so sorry to see that your co-worker passed... *sends hugs and BIG chocolate bars*

17 minutes ago, trystan said:

hubby and i agree that the W4 is usually filled out as part of the new hire paperwork (we're in PA)

So to clarify that would be after you're already hired? I haven't even done the interview yet.

How is everyone doing today?