Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

2 minutes ago, a_god_s said:

rainbow would be cool but I was thinking of going in their release date order - starting in the center as four pack and building outward (around like a spiral) - so you could keep adding the new ones - like a border

that sounds much more convenient, for sure! id probably want some way to signify the start and which way it spirals out, though...

i've never made a quilt, but i've slept under the same orange cat quilt for... \*counts...* eight years? i really need to get it repaired, most of the thread has been worn right off of it just from time and usage!

2 minutes ago, a_god_s said:

edit... wait...How many different type are there now??

i think just under 200?? but there's a lot of dimorphic sprites so probably around 400 total images if we're going with all of them!

do i get an unedited toppage? :'Dc

another thought... put the DC logo in the middle and work off of each side the square going outward... keeping the orientation in one direction, so when it was hung or displayed, it would make it easier to see it all at one go

Edited by a_god_s
wait!! over 200 dragons... I'm gonna need more brownies!!

yeah, I see 266 on my scroll.  Well, it would need a bit more thought 🤪 

and maybe a machine to transfer the images... oh boy...

and a sewing machine... LOL

Edited by a_god_s
and sewing skills!! LOL

XD

I always say I don't/can't sew, yet, in university, I used to sew horse blankets, edging and all, for pocket change! Mind you, that was all pretty much just straight lines. Hard to mess those up!

Good luck. There are very few ways to get anything to me and even fewer for me to send stuff back out. :P

i don't have any idea how to sew and i've kind of dropped out of college because of covid, but i say we break onto the campus and use their art machines for our purpose! (/joking)

i figured out why i thought it was so low - i was looking at the 'dragon types' page on the dcwikia and "standard dragons" says that there's 213 of that type :P i'll need to pay better attention. has nobody really exactly quantified how many dragon breeds there are now??

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Good luck. There are very few ways to get anything to me and even fewer for me to send stuff back out. :P

i'll just get a boat and row myself back!

i'm really, really bored... i still need to talk to wonton about drawing him a new icon and i told another friend i'd make one for him too! i wish my work capacity was consistent enough to advertise commissions but i've been very bad with 'deadlines' lately...

38 minutes ago, dangershy said:

i figured out why i thought it was so low - i was looking at the 'dragon types' page on the dcwikia and "standard dragons" says that there's 213 of that type :P i'll need to pay better attention. has nobody really exactly quantified how many dragon breeds there are now??

From the May release:

"There is a total of 256 breeds as of this release."

Then 7 in June, 2 in July, and 2 in August = 267

7 hours ago, dangershy said:

that looks super cool, trystan!

thanks Danger!

in other news, i'm down to 437 unnamed adults - and i just bred my Vremyas, so now i have Amy and Rory.  but wow, picking a pair for Rory was hard, because i don't want River to be inbred!  although, it would explain her if Ian and Barbara were in her lineage twice, as was the 8th Doctor! (btw, those links are lineage links)

I'll be interesting to watch your project grow trystan, looks good!

Edited by a_god_s
*looks around for a brownie*

Love the t-shirt quilt trystan.  I'm working on another Americana quilt right now.  

Good morning everyone!

*sigh*

Another roadblock for today. Our water supply is shut off. Which can only mean there must be a burst pipe.

And my mothers big sliding door fridge is tripping our power. We thing loadshedding has damaged it.

Aww. That's frustrating, Spirit.

*huggles* Can you get an electrician in?

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with marula jelly*

The day started with a rainstorm. I hope it mostly dries up by the time I need to set out. My car doesn't much like rain.

It's a kind of orange-y flavoured fruit from South Africa. It makes yummy jelly. And a lovely Bailey's-like alcoholic beverage.

I'm baking chocolate chip cookies this morning before the day's heat kicks in.

*sets out a plate of cookie to share*

Mmm. Chocolate chip cookies!

*noms a couple* Thanks!

The rain stopped then returned.

good morning ^_^ that sounds very tasty! i love orange anything, sooo... *steals all the marula jelly and eats it out the jar with my hands*

i hope the rain isn't too bad for you, lagie! the high temp of today is supposed to be 97 Fahrenheit and it's supposed to drop down to snow tomorrow... i am not looking forward to it! i might need to reschedule my dentist appointment if the snow is piled up too much by the time i'm supposed to leave...

i need to go to the grocery store todaaay, and i ate all of my labneh so i'm probably going to go back down to the market to get more. it's just so good ;_;

12 hours ago, a_god_s said:

I'll be interesting to watch your project grow trystan, looks good!

12 hours ago, Classycal said:

Love the t-shirt quilt trystan.  I'm working on another Americana quilt right now.  

thanks!! :) 

2 hours ago, dangershy said:

the high temp of today is supposed to be 97 Fahrenheit and it's supposed to drop down to snow tomorrow...

oof.  that's a little insane! today's high in the Philly area is 82F, tomorrow is 88F, but then back to 82F.  as long as it's not humid.  i hate the humidity. bleh.

Good afternoon everyone!!

I got a lot done yesterday. Hand washed my car, cleared out all the trash in it, and vacuumed the floors. Did my assignments and 3 loads of laundry. 

Anyone doing anything fun for Labor Day?

Labour Day here is the first Friday in June!

I've been paying bills today. Listening to the PM now.

Ah, didn't know that. I have a tendency to forget that not everyone is from the US. Sorry about that.

What's the PM talking about?

The slight easing of Covid restrictions on some islands (not mine) and reminders about masks (and increase in fines for not wearing them).

I wish they actually enforced mask mandates here. They don't, whatsoever. Worst that happens is you get kicked out of a store, no fines or anything.