Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

he really appreciated hearing that ^_^ i asked if he wanted me to relay anything and this is what he wanted to say:

image.thumb.png.71b418c2c17f31d18ce41e376ab0e249.png

i actually picked up a couple of books from the bookstore recently - i went in to pick up 'Things Fall Apart' by Chinua Achebe and 'The World in a Grain' by Vince Beiser! i couldnt resist picking up another book called 'Moonbound' about the apollo 11 moon mission... i've only started things fall apart out of the three but i'm looking forward to reading them.

also, i set up a super cool carrd for the world! the world itself is called "astroria" and the site i made is: https://astrorian.carrd.co/ i'm very proud of it :) if you have nothing else to do you can flip through and check out what i've written! i'm going to end up making another carrd with all the characters i've made for it ^^

Just now, dangershy said:

he really appreciated hearing that ^_^ i asked if he wanted me to relay anything and this is what he wanted to say:

image.thumb.png.71b418c2c17f31d18ce41e376ab0e249.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=5683372d0bd7358bimageproxy.php?img=&key=5683372d0bd7358b

:wub:

Aww thanks. Glad to hear he's doing well! Stay safe in this Covid world!

Hang on... ? He? I thought wonton was a girl all this time. Is Mango the cat still around?

Carrd? With two r's? I'll check the link out when I get back onto my laptop (limited data on my phone).

24 minutes ago, Lagie said:

:wub:

Aww thanks. Glad to hear he's doing well! Stay safe in this Covid world!

Hang on... ? He? I thought wonton was a girl all this time. Is Mango the cat still around?

Carrd? With two r's? I'll check the link out when I get back onto my laptop (limited data on my phone).

we Were! but now we're not :) it's always fun to be trans ❤️

mango the cat is in fact still around! wonton says he's a "grumpy old man" now.. here's a picture

yeah, with two r's! it's a little weird but the sites you can make with it are super cool honestly :D i've been gradually working on making some youtube tutorials for the different elements available but it's slow going...

you mentioned a shop ... last i knew you worked at a shelter! do You have a book store now, Lagie? :o

and hello @trystan ! i'm not sure if i've met you yet, it's super uncommon for me to hop on here

EDIT: noticed that i topped the page! if i'm cuffed does that mean you're cuffing wonton and me together, since his reply is on there too?? 🤔

Edited by dangershy
new page

4 minutes ago, dangershy said:

i'm not sure if i've met you yet, it's super uncommon for me to hop on here

probably not then, danger.... i've been a long-time lurker, as i joined in december of 2008, but i've really only been active for the past year and a half, like .... spring of 2019, i want to say.

oh yeah, Mango looks like a grumpy old man.  =^..^=

Just now, trystan said:

probably not then, danger.... i've been a long-time lurker, as i joined in december of 2008, but i've really only been active for the past year and a half, like .... spring of 2019, i want to say.

wow?? i've been around here since i think about 2011, i was super active around 2012-2014ish i think. i've been super busy with my own life lately but i try to drop in whenever i remember 'oh, hey, dragon cave is still a thing' and see what's going on :) not super frequent, though...

how has your day been going? :)

7 minutes ago, dangershy said:

how has your day been going? :)

pretty good - i'm reworking the last one of the first face masks i made, to make them a little better.  i had 2 zoom chats today, another tomorrow, and one saturday.  i have a few (4) cats that keep me and the fam busy too. XD 

i checked my spreadsheet - i had a huge uptick in dragons in July 2019 - in may of 2019 i had 699 dragons... now i have 1202. XD and i'm working on naming my less than 500 unnameds, too!)

busy with your own life is good too. :D 

33 minutes ago, dangershy said:

we Were! but now we're not :) it's always fun to be trans ❤️

mango the cat is in you mentioned a shop ... last i knew you worked at a shelter! do You have a book store now, Lagie? :o

and hello @trystan ! i'm not sure if i've met you yet, it's super uncommon for me to hop on here

EDIT: noticed that i topped the page! if i'm cuffed does that mean you're cuffing wonton and me together, since his reply is on there too?? 🤔

Yup! XDhttps://dragcave.net/lineage/1cUHf

I still work at the shelter but four years ago I took over the running of the thrift shop that helps raise funds. We take donated items and turn them into cold hard cash! :D

Mango's cute! @trystan's a cat person, too.

I missed out on a Zoom chat today as my laptop needed recharging. There's no outlet by the only window where I can get internet, and it's a dodgy connection so Zoom often ends up dropping.

Rewatching Annie (the new version).

16 minutes ago, trystan said:

pretty good - i'm reworking the last one of the first face masks i made, to make them a little better.  i had 2 zoom chats today, another tomorrow, and one saturday.  i have a few (4) cats that keep me and the fam busy too. XD 

i checked my spreadsheet - i had a huge uptick in dragons in July 2019 - in may of 2019 i had 699 dragons... now i have 1202. XD and i'm working on naming my less than 500 unnameds, too!)

very nice to hear!! good luck with all of those zoom calls, jeez... everyone's been dragged into them and i'm honestly kinda glad i dropped out because i found out all of our classes were going to be held on zoom and i have major paranoia about the security breaches that've been talked about. i also just, like, REALLY hate the notion of basically having a surveillance device in my bedroom... i already keep my webcam covered at all hours 😕

my dragons have stood at a solid 300 for a few years now!! i'm trying to sidle my way back into playing daily since i found out one of my new friends is playing on dragon cave!!! it's SUPER weird to see all this new stuff, especially that there's actual solid lore now??

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I still work at the shelter but four years ago I took over the running of the thrift shop that helps raise funds. We take donated items and turn them into cold hard cash! :D

oh!! that's awesome! i don't think you mentioned that when i was around ... a couple of months ago? you're always doing such good things, lagie :) i was working for the human rights campaign a few months ago but i recently found out they're a for-profit foundation which leaves a bitter taste in my mouth... i do want to get back into doing more activist things but it's incredibly difficult with covid :(

2 minutes ago, dangershy said:

oh!! that's awesome! i don't think you mentioned that when i was around ... a couple of months ago? you're always doing such good things, lagie :) i was working for the human rights campaign a few months ago but i recently found out they're a for-profit foundation which leaves a bitter taste in my mouth... i do want to get back into doing more activist things but it's incredibly difficult with covid :(

It's possible it wasn't mentioned. I think the conversation was a basic 'I'm fine. How are you?' one without additional details. ;)

Yes, we've been unable to have shelter volunteers since March when the first lockdown happened here. Thankfully, they've let me keep my shop crew (all of them volunteers) in place as I couldn't run it without them. So I'm sure you might be having similar issues finding somewhere to help out, but do keep trying!

it probably wasn't!! i think this is the most responsive conversation i've had on here in, like, ever, hahah. i've been reflecting a lot lately and i really was an absurd little kid. it's nice to be able to see what i used to be like, though... i've changed a lot.

i'm glad you got to keep your crew! my concern is less so finding work and more so working and getting infected... the only place i can think of actually applying to and working at is Waffle House because i worked at one for a few months in 2018, and that's a very high-volume place :( i'm very scared of getting sick, honestly...

Mmm. Waffles.

Would one of the job perks be all-you-can-eat waffles?

I can't get Covid. I have three underlying conditions any one of which would cause me to die. I keep my mask on at all times (it is law here but many don't pay attention) and keep as far from my customers as possible. (They have to have a mask to come in. And we check temperatures. And make them use sanitizer on entering.)

One of our staff at the shelter tested positive but thankfully it had been three weeks since I'd last seen her, and it seems likely she caught it from her boyfriend who's on the police force (we gave a LOT of infected police :( ) and didn't get it at work or bring it to work. We have done a deep clean of the main shelter building as a precaution.

Edited by Lagie

Mmm. Waffles.

Would one of the job perks be all-you-can-eat waffles?

pretty much!! i was a server so like i took orders and such but you're pretty much expected to prepare your own food, lol. i always liked to make really cheesy grilled cheese sandwiches: buttery texas toast with three slices of american cheese between the slices! ooey gooey :P

I can't get Covid. I have three underlying conditions any one of which would cause me to die. I keep my mask on at all times (it is law here but many don't pay attention) and keep as far from my customers as possible. (They have to have a mask to come in. And we check temperatures. And make them use sanitizer on entering.

One of our staff at the shelter tested positive but thankfully it had been three weeks since I'd last seen her, and it seems likely she caught it from her boyfriend who's on the police force (we gave a LOT of infected police :( ) and didn't get it at work or bring it to work. We have done a deep clean of the main shelter building as a precaution.

😧 that's really scary... i know what it's like with people refusing to follow the rules. i've been trying to double-down on my quarantining because people are going back to their normal lives when nothing is back to nroaml :( i'm really, really glad you're safe... it'd be a crime against humanity if you got sick, the world can't spin without lagie!

2 minutes ago, dangershy said:

pretty much!! i was a server so like i took orders and such but you're pretty much expected to prepare your own food, lol. i always liked to make really cheesy grilled cheese sandwiches: buttery texas toast with three slices of american cheese between the slices! ooey gooey :P

That does sound yummy! :)

Well, the world would probably continue without me but I think I'd miss it!

I'm heading to bed now.

See you again soon?

*poofs in a cloud of brownies*

i should head to bed too, honestly! the world will miss you just as much, i'm sure ❤️ i know i certainly will... you've been very kind to me and i'll never forget it :)  good night, lagie! good night, trystan! it was nice to talk to you

37 minutes ago, dangershy said:

i'm trying to sidle my way back into playing daily since i found out one of my new friends is playing on dragon cave!!! it's SUPER weird to see all this new stuff, especially that there's actual solid lore now??

yep, actual lore.  in addition to naming my unnameds, i have another project that i'm actually getting near the end of - Doctor Who dragons! :) 

oooh waffles!

and i really don't mind the zoom chats. i do mind when my chromebook decides to freeze in the middle of them, though. XD 

g'night, Lagie and danger! :) 

Edited by trystan

Did you notice Danger's Tennant avatar? :D

and that Skarosian is an alternate name (does that make you a Dalek, Danger?)?

Have fun with the naming, trystan!

Good night! Sweet dreams!

*poofs for real this time*

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Did you notice Danger's Tennant avatar? :D

and that Skarosian is an alternate name (does that make you a Dalek, Danger?)?

oh yes, i did.

my older daughter has a t-shirt with Skaro University on it. XD 

(something like that.  her's is a shirt, not a tote)

i have mental illness that makes me not able to sleep actually ❤️ (in my defense i do usually sleep an hour from now...)

38 minutes ago, trystan said:

i have another project that i'm actually getting near the end of - Doctor Who dragons! :)

my older daughter has a t-shirt with Skaro University on it. XD 

(something like that.  her's is a shirt, not a tote)

👀 you have my interest... my original doctor who "phase" was when i was maybe 13-14 years old and i'm having a great time getting back into it again!!

also i LOVE that design oh my god... i got a tenth doctor coat last year and i'm waiting for the weather to get cold so i can start wearing it again! i also have a cool pair of black socks that have tardises on the sides, i love them so much. i have more doctor who books than clothing, lol. i've been trying to read some of the comics and i absolutely love this little bit from the weeping angel 10/13 comic!!

35 minutes ago, Lagie said:

and that Skarosian is an alternate name (does that make you a Dalek, Danger?)

haha, i do think of the daleks whenever i think of skaro... but there are technically other skarosian lifeforms too! granted, the kaleds are just the prerequisite to the daleks, and i'm uhh... pretty sure they killed all of the thals? i have to brush back up on my lore.  i love those bizarre murderous pepperpots, though

EDIT: actually, i think i am gonna try to crash for bed now... i love it when i'm suddenly hit with a wave of sleepiness. night night!

Edited by dangershy

a friend of mine has problems with insomnia, so i get that {{hugs}}

19 minutes ago, dangershy said:

👀 you have my interest... my original doctor who "phase" was when i was maybe 13-14 years old and i'm having a great time getting back into it again!!

funny, that's about when i first started watching... no, i take that back, i was 11.  summer of.... 1982!

*ahem*

Doctor Who Dragons

the eggs, from bottom (the Vremya with the hole in it) are 10, Micky, Donna, Wilf, Martha, and Jackson Lake (from the Next Doctor.) when they finally grow up, i'll put them in order of appearance in the show at the bottom of the page with everyone else. 

19 minutes ago, dangershy said:

the kaleds are just the prerequisite to the daleks, and i'm uhh... pretty sure they killed all of the thals?

yeah, that sounds abour right.  also, what's a Kaled backwards? XD 

also, as an update to my hubby and work - he IS staying home for the kittens. XD (also, most ppl are working from home anyway, and his cough is finally subsiding, which we knew it would.

Edited by trystan

4 hours ago, Classycal said:

A_god_s maybe you need a kitten!  They are so cute.

Books are good Lagie.  Do they sell though?

Muggy today.  

Got more stuff from the house today.  Need to throw away a bunch of stuff though.  

@Classycaloh one wouldn't be enough!!  ;)

and I've got stuff from 3 houses... I need to throw away a couple houses worth of stuff... just trying to find the time/energy to start throwing

8 hours ago, trystan said:

him and Constance are the eggs you sent me! :D

are you near a cat cafe?

...or you could come visit me and my kitties? 👍

oh, that's super!!  Did you find another?  I can hunt one down for you.

I might have to do that... only it seems I'd have to fight your husband for feline time!! 😆

Its good that his cough has subsided. :)

44 minutes ago, a_god_s said:

oh, that's super!!  Did you find another?  I can hunt one down for you.

I might have to do that... only it seems I'd have to fight your husband for feline time!! 😆

Its good that his cough has subsided. :)

i'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing the feline time, he *does* have to do some work, after all! and yes, it's good about the cough.

i haven't hunted for truffles yet - d'Artagnan and Constance should hatch within hour, to unlocked me.  i can stalk the cave tomorrow afternoon after work though! :) 

edit: this time (Cave as well as my time zone, Eastern) is also past my bedtime.  i usually stop hunting/breeding about 11 p.m. Cave Time.  i do like to be awake when the eggies hatch, so i can take them out of the hatcheries. *is weird*

Edited by trystan

Uh oh. I just ate a whole bowl of beancurd (which I thought tasted a bit tart) and my mom tried some of my sister’s and said it had gone sour...

I guess I’ll see what happens XD 

Hey Spirit! 

Hey there Swift!

Oh my... good luck hopefully nothing goes wrong!