monoply12345

Anyone Remember The Old Days

I came back before 2 mounts, after  7 years. loots of things changed, but for good. 

Lol, remember the days when the AP was always empty?

Or when there was just 1 biome?

Before we could influence eggs, or incubate them.

Yes, yes, yes, no. (but maybe I just didn't KNOW....)

13 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

Or if not empty, there was no more them 5 eggs, and no change to catch something rare or uncommon.

The biome thing shot me, in the first moment, when i came back in the game. I was wondering what is the difference from where i got these Magi dragon ( for example ), Jungle, Volcano or etc ( if i have to me honest, still wondering, what is the difference ). 

For the BSA i don't remember incubate too, but influence i remember it. And earthquake ( this way i killed my first 4 eggs 😋 ), and Splash, and Bite and Teleport. There are so many new BSA's since then ( 2011 ). 

Does anyone remember the time, when the only 2 hybrids was Shallow Water, Geode and Two Fined Bluna? And now we have much more. 

Edited by Alesita

1 hour ago, Alesita said:

I was wondering what is the difference from where i got these Magi dragon ( for example ), Jungle, Volcano or etc ( if i have to me honest, still wondering, what is the difference ). 

Some breeds lay different eggs depending on where their mate is from, like Coppers and Xenowyrms. If you want to breed a red Copper from a Magi mother, it needs to come from the Alpine or the Forest.

I think I remember a point when lineages weren't even a thing. You could look at parents, then their parents etc, like you can now, but I don't remember there being an actual lineage page. 

I remember a time when you could only have 2 of any holiday breed. If you wanted one of a different lineage (obs after the above), you had to release one you already owned. 

25 minutes ago, Fandom Addict said:

I think I remember a point when lineages weren't even a thing. You could look at parents, then their parents etc, like you can now, but I don't remember there being an actual lineage page. 

I remember a time when you could only have 2 of any holiday breed. If you wanted one of a different lineage (obs after the above), you had to release one you already owned. 

People did like lineages back in those days. They definitely mattered to some. But it wasn't so crazy as it is now. Dragons didn't HAVE to be named. And codes didn't matter AS much. Messy dragons weren't as big of a deal. And inbreds were quite loved. Caveborns were valuable, but not crazy desired. I remember being able to catch golds. 

The past holidays being brought back thing did annoy me a bit. It used to feel like it was something special. But I understand that TJ wanted to include everyone. I do miss tinsel/shimmers being rarer and more sought after.

On 1/16/2020 at 5:34 PM, PrincessLucy said:

Or when the AP would be full and no eggs would drop in the lone main cave, before biomes!

Oh god yes - that was AWFUL - and we only had 4 slots + one for breeding.

Remember when FROZEN S1 still reached S2 if they had too many views? I sure do... (and don't miss it one bit)

Or how we couldn't rename -- and had to stare at that cringe-worthy typo of a name for aaall eternity. :wacko:

I just came back to this site after probably 7 or 8 years, and I played as early as '08-'09ish. SO MUCH HAS CHANGED! But it's really exciting to see all the new stuff, but then also seeing a lot of familiar names still active on the forums is really cool as well. I even came across a trade from the person who originally got me into this site (which reminds me I need to reach out to them and say hi)

Speaking of trades, I remember when trades consisted of throwing an egg to the AP and refreshing the adoption page for it relentlessly and hoping for the best. Usually worked out but some eggs were lost and it was always kind of a gamble.

... and when the AP was full enough, you could even snatch someone else's abandoned things from the backlog if you just knew the egg's code!

Yeah - THAT was fun,. Sitting in the room with two of us refreshing like mad when we'd bred for each other.

Oh, lord. I remember getting my first Ice and Cheese dragons (I think...) through AP trading. I was SO glad when Teleport became a thing. :D By the way, anybody remember those Anti-Teleport banners some people had on their signatures back in the day? I never understood why some folks were so against making trading and gifting way safer.

Oh I remember, the lag was nearly perpetual especially on holidays. First holiday, I got no CB sweetlings at all so I'm glad cb holidays were brought back. Plus there was no rare x rare breeding allowed so no pb metals, no metal x trio, no geode x metal (or whatever that funky mess with geode breeding was back then).

Edited by Shadowdrake

Oh i remember the risky trade too. So many lost egg on the way, so much sorrow relice of the Magis' power teleport, was like a gift from heaven, at least for me and friends i had then ( unlucky now i don;t have any ).

11 hours ago, Aleoleo said:

Or how we couldn't rename -- and had to stare at that cringe-worthy typo of a name for aaall eternity. 

I released my first Mint dragon because I couldn't stand to look at the misspelled name!

I joined in 2013, so I wasn't here for the really old stuff, but I went on hiatus in 2016 or so, and came back in 2018. When I came back I was really excited for the new things, like the monthly raffles, and being able to pick up old caveborn holidays was such a wonderful change that let me enjoy the game a lot more, now I can make so many pretty holiday checkers! :D

I think the thing I look back at with the most nostalgia is the Eggs Around the World site. I also remember the old lineage page, but I must admit the new one looks better...

And I remember when there was no lineage page! If you wanted to know your dragon's ancestors you had to trace them back one by one! I really admired the people who did even gen lineages back then.

I found my first CB Gold in the Jungle, never even SAW any rares when there was only 1 biome, so nope, I do NOT miss having only 1 biome XD