Imago

ANSWERED:Large ads all over cave and forums

In the past hour or so, extremely large ads have appeared in both the cave and on the forums, floating around in unusual places and breaking the site layout:

image.thumb.png.8cf1e5758af5de1516d47184af580641.png

In the forums, they appear every two posts:

image.thumb.png.44c07498e0d130fd171abc342e6c008b.png

image.thumb.png.3b1978e60180e62eb3f71225afedb743.png

Yea, I'm getting this too. Seems the ads might have gone rogue.

We'll see if we can get it sorted.

On mobile they're really **** big!

Just look at these how they divide posts and writing box...

This is really annoying.

Screenshot_20191028-164416.png

Screenshot_20191028-164410.png

Edited by Cyberr

Yeah, I don't like these ads. When I try to close them, there are time where I can click on the event button or my eggs or dragons. I'm not interested in the ads. Is there any way to get rid of them for good?

Adblock still works fine (for me). But I've seen those ads since my bf doesn't use a blocker... they're massive and super annoying :blush:

Thanks for reminding me of my ad blocker - I've had it turned off for Dragon Cave to support the site, but I'll turn it on again until this is resolved. On my laptop, it's not as bad as it seems to be for the mobile users, but still super annoying to scroll through all these ads all the time.

Woah. They are huge. Saw them on DC and immediately came here to see if anyone had posted about them. Very much hoping this is some weird glitch and not intentional!

Okay so its not just me. These ads are really disruptive. Some of them are even pulling links from the actual Dragon Cave site as bait.

I thought it was glitched for me!  They do link to the dragons, but this really shouldn't be occurring imo.  Especially if the ad happens to be for an egg.  It could really result in a bunch of unintended clicks and kill something.  It's even linking to fogged hatchlings.

5A4B2C64-070E-4D2A-8F6C-8DDA599E782E.png

Edit: maybe it's just me, but these don't feel like they are a part of the site at all.  They seem really odd, not organic to the site at all, and I don't think TJ would program this into the site on purpose.

Edited by Draconiusultamius

Not only that, they're autoplay ads too. I had to turn on my adblock because I really don't want huge autoplay ads.

Glad I'm not the only one who stumbled upon this issue. it makes playing the "defend the fort!" game hard to set up with the ads. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Screenshot (281).png

Still happening... this set takes up the entire of my phone screen between the last post and the reply box.

Screenshot_20191028-153528.thumb.png.5f64d9c706a3504332b2854e25d89d7b.png

The 'showing others' dragons doesn't seem to occur on the desktop site, but only on the mobile, making this all the more strange.  I haven't been able to replicate the ads on the main cave even after turning ad block off for a while.

@Shokomon seems that most of these are dragons that grew up or died before the Halloween event started.  Sometimes they get the image right, but I've gotten fogged hatchlings as well as random forum posts.  I'm also getting trade links.

edit: well, this just happened. Weird

191D3DF2-1343-4B47-8717-271B4A4C85DA.png

Edited by Draconiusultamius

I've started to see additional adds on forums today too. But everything is normal on the Cave site for me.

I think I had actually seen ads like these on mobile while browsing the halloween 2019 news thread a while ago. A couple of them were "normal" ads (i.e. the kind that links you to a product, external website etc.) and the others linked to dragons.

Oh hey, it's not just me!

I disable adblocker for DC to support the site but this giant top-of-page ads are terrible. Going to temp disable ads until they're banished.

I just checked my PC and the issue has stopped for me on both PC and mobile - for now at least.  Is anyone NOT getting them or has anyone else stopped getting them?

Im still getting these on the dragon cave game and its shoving the whole layout down lower on the screen for me

Edit: wait sry i just cleared my browser data and now it doesnt show up for me sry

Edited by KaitoDragon6248

This should be resolved. Let us know if anyone still has problems, but it should be good now.