iiDoubleDragDareU

Adopt Wild Hatchies

I really don’t like how wild dragons just die. It really like it if we could help them! When adopting a wild hatchie, it’s harder than adopting an egg. There will be a lees than or equal to 50% chance you can catch one with your dragon leash/net/wand/I don’t know. With adults, it EVEN HARDER. Now you have a less than it equal to 20% chance of catching one. The rarer the hatchie or adult is, the harder it will be to catch it. Thank you. 

They’re all here, by the way. 

https://dragcave.net/wilderness

This and other ways of interacting with wild dragons, like breeding with them, has been suggested many times and always shot down. TJ has said many times that it won't happen. Once wild, they stay wild. Hatchies and adults both.

But they don't die - they just live in the wilderness. They don't need help.

I have no idea. I have a few dragons with two wild parents - but that may just be that people released their parents later.

All the wild hatchlings are frozen. I'm not sure how useful this would be to people  who don't want frozen things. Also, to add to what Fuzz said, allowing catching adults/hatchies would lead to a cherry picked wilderness where people just take the most valuable (subjective) dragons and leave the rest, which defeats the purpose of "saving" them.  

Many people release dragons into the wild because they don't want people to have them/breed them. The dragons from banned scrolls also go there.  

1 hour ago, iiDoubleDragDareU said:

Can wild dragons have hatchlings in their own?

When the AP was chronically underpopulated (as in, totally empty - years and years back), people often reported that they found eggs in the AP that had two wild parents. Sometimes, these parents were actually incompatible (under normal rules back then), and yet, there were eggs... Or so I've been told. I know I've seen some links back then, but I cannot provide any proof of this any more.

However, with the way the AP is pretty much full of eggs all the time, wild dragons don't breed any more. Unless - maybe that's where the eggs in the biomes come from, just without us knowing?

I have a Dragon with wild parents and I think its pretty awesome. I think I picked it up in the abandoned page in 2015, so maybe they breed sometimes? or like Fuzz said, abandoned egg, then the parents. 

Either way I think the concept of Wild Dragons is great, it adds to the lore that we are going into their caves and snatching up their babies. 

You seem to be relatively new here, but yes, this sort of thing has been suggested and shot down *many* times. First of all, 'adopting' adults from the wilderness completely circumvents the entire basis of the game, which is to *raise* dragons. Second, I'm not sure where you got your information from, but hatchlings in the Wilderness don't die. There is no reason to worry about needing to save them. Third, a lot of the dragons in the wilderness were put there on purpose, by the users that owned them. They were put there for specific reasons, knowing that they would stay in the wilderness forever. 

I saw the wilderness clickers thread. That thread said that they die. I haven’t seen any evidence of hatchlings dying in the wilderness so I never believed that until I saw the thread. They must be talking about eggs then.

Edited by iiDoubleDragDareU

I understand how this could be seen as "helping" them, but the above posters are correct. It wouldn't be right to suddenly allow someone to adopt a dragon that someone released for a reason, be it because of a horrible code, they were burned, or they just plain didn't want it. We already have one place to adopt discarded dragons--the AP. 

48 minutes ago, iiDoubleDragDareU said:

I saw the wilderness clickers thread. That thread said that they die. I haven’t seen any evidence of hatchlings dying in the wilderness so I never believed that until I saw the thread. They must be talking about eggs then.

Eggs can't be wild, only abandoned. The only time an abandoned egg can feasibly die is behind a wall of holiday eggs, because those will always show up first.

1 hour ago, iiDoubleDragDareU said:

The wilderness dragons literally can't die. There are no eggs, and no *growing* hatchlings, as far as I'm aware. Although these hatchlings don't display any "frozen on" date, the dates of their hatching indicate that most of them are several years old, plus they don't have a countdown, either.