Moonlight_Eevee

Raffle Consolation Prize

Ok, need to make short post. I like extra shards. I like buying dragons from the markets. Bought a bunch of Xenos when they first came out, bought a variety of Purple Floret, even bought a CB Gold. Happily buy dragons from the thing. But prices keep going up and fluctuating oddly which I assume is a larger base of people have more shards and have had chances to get more shards. That makes sense. I have a Gold Prize. I could be trading its babies for CB Golds and not buying them from the market if I wanted or other things. I don't want to bother trading cuz it is just isn't my thing and I just don't really care and prefer gifting them or donating to raffles. I fear that those not in a position like mine, who haven't won a Prize, and use the Shard market to buy rarer CB dragons they can't seem to get other ways (golds, silvers, whatever they can't catch, or want something from a non-Biome Place); would have to pay a ton more for them if people could freely and easily get that many shards. I mean, they'd get the shards too, I guess, but it would drive up the prices of these dragons like crazy, even more so than they already flux. I feel that unintended consequence would do more to make people feel further frustrated.

If it wasn't for that reason, I would be totally OK for it as an idea.

@purplehaze Yes, I'd rather take no message at all than a message that's pretending to be sorry for me while still feeling like it's mocking me. But that's not what this thread is about, anyway.

How is it mocking ? We need a way to know we didn't win.

It is probably just me, but the "sorry, you didn't win" part rubs me the wrong way every time I see it. I don't need the game pretending to be sorry for me not winning for the umpteenth time now, I just want it to simply say "you didn't win" and then go away. It's why I like this suggestion, getting a small handful of shards I could spend on, say, more Siyats helps me forget about my endless string of raffle losses just a little quicker. Maybe it's bribing, but whatever. It's silly to get upset about a browser game but I can't help it.

I could be totally fine with getting a big handful of absolutely nothing every month if that irritating "sorry, you didn't win" message could be changed even just a little. Remove the pity party part from it or maybe make the whole message go away once you've seen it. I hate seeing that thing mocking me every time I check the next raffle's requirements.

yeah, whatever, off-topic, yadda yadda. Just explaining myself, is all.

12 hours ago, Natayah said:

But prices keep going up and fluctuating oddly which I assume is a larger base of people have more shards and have had chances to get more shards.

Not directly. Prices are tied to the number of existing dragons, which indirectly gets affected by the eggs people buy from the Market.

I think we can expect a new wave of Market Golds about once a year ...

How about "bad luck" instead of sorry ?

Personally, I don't think the wording needs to be changed (no matter what it is, there will ALWAYS be someone who's taking it as a personal insult), but I think this could be discussed in its own thread?

I've said my piece so I don't feel like I need to explain myself further. I still support this idea, but I suppose I wouldn't be terribly upset either if TJ showed up to shoot this one down.

The Shards are worthless to me for as long as the shop doesn't offer CB Prizes. I have it all but a bunch of undeads, CB/PB "prize" pairs, and some self-bred frozens. The shop has absolutely nothing for me right now, not even zombie fodders(because wrong tombstones, not to mention the limit is way too tight compared to the riddiculusly low undead turn rate, it's much more time effective to catch even the rarer fodders...)

I fully agree that a small amount of shards can bright up your day and atleast help you get another egg from the market, tho veteran players who have a breeding pair of each dragon besides prizes dont win in this situation either but there is not much else to offer.

Full support on this!

I support this idea myself! I personally havent spent any shards myself, but im saving for a gold. It would be nice to get shards if you didnt win, so that at least you can Feel like you have won something instead of the getting the "sorry you didnt win" message everytime you dont win.