Draconiusultamius

Draconius' Eternal Bingo!

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Terrae noted!

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

There seems to be an error in the codon chart. In the U/G field, the STP is encoded as "UCA" instead of "UGA" - intentional?

(also, I still don't have a clue what to do with all that caveman speak I get)

Yep, thats an error!  If you PM me, I can point you towards the right answer.

Regular:

6. Cryogenic preservation - zombie hatchling Bingohttps://dragcave.net/view/A9JDv

8. Mg4(Al,Fe)6(Si,B)4O21(OH)? Bingo!? https://dragcave.net/view/5Lrr3

9. Idiacanthus sp. - black x fish-related dragon (eg. sinii krai) Bingohttps://dragcave.net/lineage/eNck1 (That's a black dragon but not necessarily a Black dragon, right?)

10. Draco indochinensis - stone x eastern dragon Bingohttps://dragcave.net/lineage/ZiPMn (Literally a Stone and not just a stone this time!)

Bolding what sounds relevant:

As the tides turn,

We uncoil. DNA uncoiling to make copies

Transcribed thoughts,

Within a blissful bubble.

Translating,

Synthesizing last four lines: transcription (in RNA polymerase), translation, protein synthesis

A fairytale beginning Methionine?

Falling into place.

‘Three words

Eight letters’

A two sided key something that pastes the strands together, I assume

Of broken strings the strands? Otherwise no clue

Two becomes one

Alone, it is nothing

Rings bound to

Sugar and phosphate dunno? Dang near every complex molecule is in a ring

A cacophony,

This natural machinery

Spiraling; dunno

The code for all life

Becomes code for a box. relevant to puzzle but dunno

Expressions change

Flickering

Memories encoded

In patterned bits. dunno

Round-02

“Failure is not an option.”

Regular:

6. Cryogenic preservation - zombie hatchling BINGO!

7. Terraforms - all three forms of terrae eggs See previous post

8. Mg4(Al,Fe)6(Si,B)4O21(OH)? BINGO!

9. Idiacanthus sp. - black x fish-related dragon (eg. sinii krai) BINGO! Flamingos eat fish.

10. Draco indochinensis - stone x eastern dragon Still looking!

Competitive:

W1. Nice genes. - a dragon with the most ‘gene coded dragons’ in it’s lineage. I don’t care if there are numbers before or after the code.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_genes for reference on genes in humans, though there are more, especially in other organisms.

OR

List of dragons you have that are ‘gene coded’.

Highest total number wins.  

(3, 2, and 1 point for winners.  First person posting for a tie wins)

Later!

Puzzle:

P1.1 One woulD be a miracle ??? Need to think on this some more.

2 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

As the tides turn,

We uncoil. DNA uncoiling to make copies

Transcribed thoughts,

Within a blissful bubble.

I think you mean transcription, but that's close enough.

‘Three words

Eight letters’

A two sided key something that pastes the strands together, I assume

Of broken strings the strands? Otherwise no clue

Key is in the poem and it is what connects the 'boundaries'

Two becomes one

Alone, it is nothing

Rings bound to

Sugar and phosphate dunno? Dang near every complex molecule is in a ring

What have you been solving so far that is bound to sugar and phosphate and is composed of rings?  Also, look at the number of rings.

A cacophony,

This natural machinery

Spiraling; dunno

The code for all life

Becomes code for a box. relevant to puzzle but dunno

One of those is actually irrelevant, the other is very relevant.

Expressions change

Flickering

Memories encoded

In patterned bits. dunno

See previous stanza for hints.

3 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

Also, look at the number of rings.

Olympia! :D

(sorry, just being silly)

I feel like I'm somehow making the bingo needlessly difficult or something because people don't seem to want to try the secrets (and even those who do try seem to give up after a while).  I can't tell if this is because of my post moderation or because everything is actually too difficult.  While I do have fun trying to come up with new, more difficult puzzles (the tricky/riddle makes me super proud in particular), I also want others to feel the same way about solving them.  If my puzzles are really too complex and you feel overwhelmed, please don't be afraid to tell me.  :)

Well, OK - since you mention it - the DNA is COMPLETELY beyond me.

Secrets - don't take it personally - I always give up if they aren't dead easy - any past host can tell you this. Gimme anagrams and TV ! (sh20000sh's ones on a grid were always beyond me, too.)

The Co-op bingo  - I think the level of co-operation required is a step TOO far, to be honest. Even though four of us are in the same lineage project, it's very tough.

It's not that I wouldn't try. I'm trying again and again and failing whatever I try. It's also possible that I'm unable to get your "hints" because I'm not a native English speaker. I'm good with simple English, but secondary meanings often hide in plain sight for me.

Rarely has a bingo made me feel so incredibly dumb.

The hints are not helping me either - and I AM a native English speaker.

I'm with Fuzz on the secrets -- if they are not obvious and easy I won't bother with them. I don't know if yours are any harder than anyone else's, since I tend to pretty much skip everyone's.

The competitive? Searching through all my dragons' codes while also sifting through a very long obscure list of letter sequences is just overwhelming and way too time-consuming for me to even bother with.

Tricky? I don't even know where to start.

Puzzle? So far your clues mean nothing to me. The caps may be significant, but they aren't helping me.

59 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I'm with Fuzz on the secrets -- if they are not obvious and easy I won't bother with them. I don't know if yours are any harder than anyone else's, since I tend to pretty much skip everyone's.

The competitive? Searching through all my dragons' codes while also sifting through a very long obscure list of letter sequences is just overwhelming and way too time-consuming for me to even bother with.

Tricky? I don't even know where to start.

Puzzle? So far your clues mean nothing to me. The caps may be significant, but they aren't helping me.

Same as Purple and Fuzz. For secrets, I never look for them actively, only claim if I stumble across them. And same as sh2000sh, not a native english speaker. 

Even for R8, I didnt bother solving it,just went eith what others posted. 

This may be just a totally baseless theory, but we *may* be the wrong target group for all these tasks XD

Competitive: I vaguely recall a user had a website or app that could find codes, but otherwise, it looks very time-consuming. But checking really quickly...

Competitive W1 (?) most gene coded dragons in a lineage

Bingo https://dragcave.net/lineage/m6ym1 (7-ish. Or 5 if they need to be exact)

TH/Tyrosine hydroxylase

RB1 (actually just RB)/Retinoblastoma protein

TG/Thyroglobulin

APC/Adenomatous polyposis coli

IK/Protein Red

TTN/Titin

EID2 (actually just EID)/EP300 interacting inhibitor of differentiation 2

Ditto the above (although I am a native speaker). I don't spend time searching for secrets in any bingo games, I just grab them if I happen to be the first to see an obvious one. 

A couple have been too tedious. Sifting through every code I have, most hidden by names, sounds more like a chore than a game. Sometimes these are fine if sprinkled in with some simple things but when even the regular bingos require a lot of scroll searching it's overwhelming.

I love a good puzzle but I've been completely stumped by a few of these and it's made me not interested in attempting some of the others. I even had my (biologist!) husband help me look at the DNA puzzle and all we could come up with was a confusing series of letters (and gaps) that we couldn't decode. And we play Sherlock Holmes-type mystery puzzles together as a hobby. 

I can't imagine the effort that went in to putting these together and I really appreciate that you're looking for feedback! It makes me feel a little bad that I haven't been clever enough to solve it. :)

Ok, so add in some more obvious secrets, less tedious things, and less things that will stump non-English speakers like poetic riddles.  I pretty much designed a bunch of the riddles and such because I saw how sh20000sh conducted his secrets and I felt outclassed by that one programming secret (which I still have no idea how to solve).  I also felt like doing secrets the way others made them would be unoriginal and give some people an unfair advantage since they might know what to do immediately.

Tbh, most of the secrets out there at the moment shouldn't be too non-ESL friendly.  One is an anagram hidden in a way I have seen in one of Ruby Eye's previous bingos, one is a more complex version of a simple image puzzle, one involves looking for words that don't seem quite right and how they relate to one another and to DC, the double secret hidden in a link involves a small amount of knowledge about two different cryptography methods, but the second of the two might be a bit hard for non-English speakers, so I'll just tell you that it's steganography.  There's also a number puzzle 

As for the DNA puzzle...

Spoiler

Protein -> DNA -> The code for a box that stores memories in 'patterned bits' -> answer

It requires more than biology and thus, "The molecular basis of attraction knows no bounds"

Now, onto specific responses...

@Fuzzbucket I won't throw in any more very hard co-ops, at least I'll try.

@Ruby Eyes Focus less on the hints and more at looking for 'traditional' methods of hiding secrets, like in semi-obvious ways in past posts.

@purplehaze The poetry is just for flavour because I felt like it.  It refers to what it would be like to get the answer on that clue.  The first would most definitely be a lucky guess, the second would also still be a lucky guess because I made it so that only the last clue reveals the true answer, even though the others can be used to make a vague guess.

@GhostMouse Can you PM me your progress for the tricky?  I might be able to point you in a direction.  Most of these puzzles actually took less effort since I copied some of them out of this puzzle thing I found online (not cicada 3301, those are way beyond me, but another hard internet puzzle thing that I wouldn't be able to solve if presented with it.  I do want to get my hands on the physical book though.).  The DNA one kind of came to me as an idea and it took about an hour to get the idea down, half an hour for the poetry, and an hour for tweaking to make sure things worked.  The hardest part was typing and formatting the codon chart just right since it took a while to get it to look perfect and I'm a big perfectionist.  I'm also just a big fan of making puzzles, but have the IQ of a rock when attempting to solve them. -_-

47 minutes ago, Draconiusultamius said:

Ok, so add in some more obvious secrets, less tedious things, and less things that will stump non-English speakers like poetic riddles.  I pretty much designed a bunch of the riddles and such because I saw how sh20000sh conducted his secrets and I felt outclassed by that one programming secret (which I still have no idea how to solve).  I also felt like doing secrets the way others made them would be unoriginal and give some people an unfair advantage since they might know what to do immediately.

Don't feel outclassed by sh2000sh. I didn't get ANY. They were way out of my league. Set YOUR game according to YOUR parameters, (Me, I hide text in white or images or something :D I have a simple mind....) You are doing OK. I am just thicker than what you are !!! Just don't feel bad that you are too bright for many of us ;)

I believe I did find a secret, no? XD The easy one, at least.

The numbers elude me. I couldn't find anything common between them, besides the fact that they were 3 digits and, well, numbers.

As for that spoiler,

Spoiler

USB stick! :lol: