Griffin_Lokison

And All Creation Wept [Closed]

(Busy but yeah. I'll think of something to replyl later, waiting for Bread)

(Sorry, was unsure if I should say anything.)

Arc looked to the ground, his mind racing. Reina? Captured? His plans were ruined, but he forced himself to calm down.

”Well.. She’s captured. In Balendin’s fortress.. There really isn’t two ways about it. We have one option. We’ve got to get her out.”

He looked at everyone around him.

”A full sized raid would be.. Well, stupid. Balendin’s Army overpowers us easily. We’ll have to sneak in and out with Reina.”

Straightening his back, he breathed in deeply.

”It might sound crazy, but it’s the only option, really.”

Tempus felt a shudder in his spines. He felt like all hope had been taken away from him, or rather, that it would be taken away from all of them if Reina has indeed been captured. He felt his head hurt, a lot of thoughts going through his mind and he was unable to ease the headache. He felt his body slamming against the cave wall with a loud thud, before falling to the ground. The wyrm almost fainted, his vision was getting blurry, he's quickly losing sense of his surroundings. It seemed to the Chrono that the group had been defeated since the beginning. He can feel sweat dropping from his head and body, the flowers that grew on his body withering. "Reina has been captured... impossible...! It won't even take a swing of a tail's worth of effort for Balendin to wipe all out efforts! No..."

"I agree with Arc," said Tras, "The only way we can do this is by sneaking in."

Looking at the group gave her other feelings however. She realised that this small group of dragons, even with the new dragons that joined them, would hardly stand a chance against Baledin's forces. They needed training. 

"What if we train a little bit first?" she asked the whole group.

The black dragon watched them discuss before she stepped in. "Training will be crucial, but you do realize we still have an army? It's just really small. We are a scouting party. Right, Aaron?" She looked to her albino partner. "We will take you to our base and make a plan there."

Mike nodded in response. "Sounds like a plan to me!"

"An army!?" Tras exclaimed. I wonder if there are any Royal Blue Dragons, she wondered. 

"That's better than what we have right now so let's do it!"

(Alright time to react)

"An army sounds great, but..." Tempus slowly lifted himself up airborne again. He looked at the black dragon in the eye, Temporamus's pair of eyes showed fear that could tell a story by themselves. "I have witnessed myself what Balendin's army is capable of. The Chronos have guarded the Forest of Time for many generations, we assumed it would be inpenetrable and forever hidden... yet once peace is lost, suddenly, the power of Dark and Death dragons overwhelm us in one night." Tempus took a deep breath, trying to keep his composure, then continued speaking, "I don't think training would work. Their army is too strong, we can't win this." He choked a bit. Those words weren't optimistic, but that's the fact, he thought. Tempus had little hope of winning, now he's just concerned of what he had left: his friends.

Tras heard Tempus' words and felt the immense fear hidden behind them. She walked up to Tempus and said, "I know how you feel," she placed a paw on his shoulder, "My family was preparing for my 46th birthday when all of a sudden Baledin's army finally managed to get past all our troops and into the castle," Feeling a sting in her eye, Tras fought to keep back the tears and continued on, "My mother, fearing for my life had given me to Vasquez the elder to protect me." With one final heave she managed to get her next few words out, amidst sobbing and choking, "I watched...as my family...was killed right before my eyes. I watched...as...my whole home and all my friends...were burned to the ground. All I want to do is to stab that Baledin straight through the heart and see him suffer as he made us all suffer!" 

With that Tras collapsed to the floor letting the rage and hatred and sadness that she had cooped up for years flow freely before all of her friends around her. 

Arc looked at Tempus and Tras for a moment, awkwardly.

"Well, uh... Yeah, Balendin sucks. Not that I can say so from experience, but... Well, what you said kind of confirms it."

He hardened his expression and spoke as confidently as he could.

"Looking at you two is sad. Real sad. But Tempus, you're really gonna give up before trying? Seriously."

He stood up, glanced at Claudia, then raised his voice.

"I, for one, have never been harmed by Balendin and his forces before this adventure. I mean, he couldn't have killed my family, and if he did, I honestly could not care less. I was abandoned as an egg, for crying out loud. And did I give up? No! I took the world I had and I rolled with the punches. Saying you have no chance is as pathetic as losing a fight to a mouse. You either don't try, and watch as the world burns around you as you perish, or you try. Sure, we've got little to no chance, but that doesn't mean zero! Even if we're just some little dragons, we can do something!"

He ran out of the cave and faced his friends, pointing towards Balendin's fortress.

"I'm going to sneak in there, save a literal god, and afterwards, defeat, guess what, another god! Now, are you guys coming or not?"

He paused for dramatic effect.

Hearing her friend's words Tras slowly got up and paced forward next to Arc and said, "Count me in. We may die today but at least I want to know that we tried."

The black dragon looked at these determined little dragons and found herself smiling. It fell though when the dragon they called Arc pointed out a fortress. She sighed lightly. "You silly boy, that fortress isn't of Balendin. He would never let himself come so close to where he could easily be overwhelmed," she stated. "He's in his base way out east, in the desert where it all began."

Mike squeaked in alarm at that news. The desert? That was so far away! And danger would be everywhere! And what about the egg? He knew they couldn't leave it. It was too important and he had a feeling if they left it with anyone else, something would happen. "What do we do now?"

Tempus nudged Tras with his head, trying to pat to comfort her. He realised that he's not the only one who had suffered in this situation, but the Storm Rider has a point. Just because a battle has been lost once, does not mean that they have lost everything.

The actions of his friends have given him more confidence than he ever had before. Temporamus wouldn't see them as foolish, even the foolish dragons won't dare to challenge the dark forces of Balendin. It seems the egg has given them the hope and courage needed, thus...

"I'll take care of the egg, and we're going to the desert together," spoke Tempus, with a tone of confidence that's very different from moments ago. Tempus noticed the worry on Mike's face as he kept looking at the egg in basket as he spoke. "The egg represents our only hope to defeat Balendin. To leave it is the same as hopelessly going to the deserts to face defeat!" Tempus's body started to emit a bright teal aura again, but this time not out of fear, it's out of courage. Maybe the egg has given him strength, or that he is no longer afraid when his friends are with him.

He rose and was airborne again, and then turned to Mike to reply with eagerness, "What we do now is to keep moving forward, just like what we've been doing so far!"

Edited by BlueLatios

"Than what fortress is this?" asked Tras, "Is it like an outfit or something? Or does it belong to your forces?" She turned to the big dragons as she spoke this.

(College has started for me and thus I won't be checking here too often, though I'm always eager to see where we would take the story to next! I assume we're waiting for Coheart but feel free to ping or PM me a nudge if it feels right to continue the story ^^ )

(Tbh I'm waiting for Coheart but if anyone wanna continue this, I'm fine. I'll be here even though not so often, since I'm hosting a Bingo game XD)

((Sorry guys, haven't been on for awhile. College started and a new job, so have been very busy. I will try to reply some time tomorrow))