Griffin_Lokison

And All Creation Wept [Closed]

"Sure!" said Tras, excitedly.

As Tras waited for Mike to think of something, Tras looked around at the world around her. It was mostly black from the fire but there were already small shoots growing out of the ground. "I could make a picture out of this," she thought.

Tempus looked at Tras, then Mike, then Tras again. He was unfamiliar with the game but didn't ask how to play, it seems everyone else had known already. He decided to silently nod and pay attention to what they do. "I wonder if it has something to do with searching?" he thought.

Name: Claudia Falcon

Species: Soul Peace

Description: Soul Peace dragons have the ability to cure curses, so it's said. For that reason, many are hunted, prized for their abilities, feathers and wise nature. Claudia is a young soul peace dragon. She is small for her breed, being the runt of her clutch. Her fur is blue and purple, with white scales coating the bones of her wings and lines of her face. She has a white, fluffy patch on her chest under her chin. She is a third generation, her parents were both Soul Peace, both born from pairs of proud Daydream and White dragons. Claudia is the victim of hunting, her right wing is mostly featherless and is usually pinned to her side. Flying is painful if not impossible, and her ability to heal curses has not awoken if it ever will.

Backstory: Claudia Falcon was born to Azzure and Chandra Falcon and is the third in her clutch. Both parents are proud second generation Soul Peace Dragons. Her grandparents are female daydream dragons and male white dragons. When she was born, she spent a lot of time in the city where her grandparents lived. Zeus and Emmett, the male whites, taught Claudia the joy of healing and helping others when one is able too, while Summer and Lorena, the female daydreams, taught her how to sit on clouds and give dreams to the dragons below. They taught her the importance of dreaming and how to follow them. Claudia's parents were skilled in the art of curing curses, and tried to teach their daughter. No matter how hard she tried, she seemed to not have the aptitude for the ability, even though her brothers and sisters of the same clutch far exceeded expectations. This greatly disappointed her father, but her mother still continued to encourage her to practice. For the most part everything was well, and Claudia was happy. 

The great war had torn across the land. Many were injured, and any edge was to be taken advantage of. Claudia's parents left to help the war efforts. They have not returned home, and Claudia has heard nothing from them. There is a myth that the feathers of Soul Peace Dragons cure curses, and many dragons set traps to try and collect. Being so young and smaller then her brothers and sisters of the same breed, Claudia became a target of poachers. While having and afternoon walk through the forest, Claudia stumbled into a trap. For days she lived in a cage, slowly having her feathers plucked out of her right wing by dragons who should know better. In the middle of the night, her Grandparents found her. They tried to free her, but her cries of pain awoke the camp of poachers. Her Grandparents broke her free and fought the poachers. Claudia ran in fear, and ended up lost in the woods. She has no idea what happened to her family or how to get home. She is lost, alone and injured, wanting nothing more then to find her way home and find her family. 

Personality: Claudia is usually happy go luck, positive dragon. She is very child like and enjoys cute, colorful things. Her favorite food is fish and sweets. Her favorite color is pink. She can be spacey, often zoning out mid conversation to embrace a daydream. She helps others to the point of her own determent and can't leave behind someone in need. Her recent experiences have made her shy, scared and hesitant. With some encouragement, her old traits should come back. She lacks self confidence, but excels in encouraging others. She is naive, having faith in those around her to a fault. She loves gentle music, and enjoys playing a drum with her tail.

-- Game Start -- 

Claudia was crying, and running through the forest. The trees were dense and she struggled to make her through the rough terrain. She tried to free her wings and fly, but her right wing wouldn't move. It was pinned to her side and wouldn't open. She looked over the damaged wing and wailed in agony, missing her soft feathers that use to stretch over the skin.Before she knew it, the trees broke way and she was standing before volcanic earth of the mountain. Her eyes were wide with shock. She had never been this far before. Once, she had thought she was lost, but now the situation felt hopeless. How would she ever get home and find her family if she didn't know where she was, and she couldn't fly to get her bearings. In the distance, Claudia could hear the flapping of wings. Looking up, she saw a group of dragons approaching her in the sky. Fear filled her heart, and she quickly dodged back into the forest, behind the first tree. Her heart pounded hard in her chest, and she hoped no one had noticed her. 

Mike was studying the ground as they flew over it, trying to find the perfect thing to spy. He gasped at the sight of movement. "I spy a Dragon!" He exclaimed in his little pygmy voice. He gestured with his claw. "I think it's hurt," he added with a whine.

Temporamus darted his eyes towards the ground below. There he saw a creature of bright colors among other objects. "I have never seen that kind of dragon before. I'll be the first to approach, in case that it's a trap!" Confident that a Chrono's natural talent of being elusive would aid him, Tempus zoomed towards the dragon like a teal arrrow shot down from the bright sky, then slowed down as he approached the little dragon. Tempus curiously watched the little tail that was poking out of the tree in front of him. "Hey, it's okay. We're not evil dragons, and err... we don't eat dragons for food," Tempus softly spoke. He tried to come up with words to convince the dragon to come out of hiding.

Arc stopped midair and scanned the area.

”I don’t see any more, but it very well may be a trap.”

He flew up higher, almost breaching through the clouds.

”Hmm.. I don’t see anything, but... Oh well. I’m pretty sure it’s fine.”

Arc put his wings against his body and went straight down, then moments before he hit the trees opened his wings and glided over to his friends.

”Looks ok to me.. But, we should be a little careful.”

Edited by MrBreadBread
A word had incorrect grammar.

The whistling of wing was almost deafening to Claudia in her fear, as another came right after. They were coming for her, she was sure of it. Those dragons in the sky, who knows who they were or what they wanted. She shook and covered her face with her claws. She was lost. There was no where to run. 

"Hey, it's okay. We're not evil dragons, and err... we don't eat dragons for food," Came a voice from the other side of the tree.

Suddenly, Claudia was aware of her tail sticking out from the tree, giving away her position. Reflexively she pulled it in and wrapped it around her leg, although it was far too late. Claudia peeked her head out from around the tree to see a dragon that she didn't know. She has heard of Wyrm type dragons that did not have arms or legs, but had never seen one up close. The teal color of the dragon was stunning, and he seemed to have a refined nature. What kind of dragon has to announce that it doesn't eat other dragons for food? One that does,in fact, eat dragons, she thought. Or maybe he was just shy and awkward. After everything she had just been through, she could believe there were evil dragons out there that would eat others. Fight of flight? Taking inventory of herself, she remembered that she was already very injured. She doubted she could get away on foot, and flying was out of the question. Her back was to a wall, or a tree if you will. There wasn't a choice. Hopefully it was an honest dragon after all. 

"H...hello?" Claudia said quietly. She took a step out, limping ever so slightly, right wing twitching as it is pinned to her side. Her fluffy white patch under her chin was matted with dried blood. "I'm... lost. I... Um.... " Says something, anything, she told herself. Maybe he could help. Maybe he knew the way home. The words died in her throat. She looked at the dragon with wide, sad, scared, innocent eyes, jaw stuttering and making a quiet clacking noise as her teeth hit together. 

"I'm lost, the dragon says. A reply!" Temporamus could barely contain the excitement that the little Soulpeace opened up and showed himself. "I tried to be friendly and it worked!" the words echoed in Tempus's head. His excitement was cut short by the notice of the dragon's body: injured right wings and the blood stains under her chin. Tempus alarmed the others of the situation and told them to stay alert, there might be enemies chasing the little white hatchling. Becoming increasingly worried as time goes on, Tempus signalled Arc that he'll be searching the area thoroughly for any danger, while beckoning to Mike and the others to help the wounded dragon.

"Hey, it's okay, we also have problems with several evil dragons as well. I'll be back soon." Tempus then flew round the Soulpeace and weaved through the trees. The sun is bright, the less dense trees allow more sunlight to shine through compared to the forest where they came from. Several plants and rocks did distract him from what he was doing, yet he remained alert. Hopefully, his experience of playing hide-and-seek helped not only to hide from danger, but to seek incoming ones.

Mike saw the signal Tempus sent to them to come and help whomever was in trouble. He fluttered his little wings and pointed frantically towards the ground with his little claw. "Come on, go land! They need help!"

Arc, seeing Tempus’ signal, immediately snapped to an alerted state, looking around quickly.

”That one dragon caused a lot of trouble. We’d better hope we don’t come across more.”

Meanwhile, his mind was running in circles. Danger. Wounded. Escape. Danger.

He tried to focus himself, and began flying over the trees, attempting to spot movement, and warn everyone if there should be a problem.

”I swear, we keep coming across new dragons..”

"Hey, it's okay, we also have problems with several evil dragons as well. I'll be back soon.The teal dragon whizzed past her face. Claudia squeaked and reached out for him with her claw, but he was already gone. She didn't want him to leave. He felt like the first safe haven she had found in a while. Claudia whimpered and looked back foreword. There was another dragon drifting over the trees above her, and another still floating in the sky. It must be a tiny dragon, because all she could see was a speck from her position. 

Claudia limped foreword to where the brush broke and curled up into a ball. She covered her face with her tail. Surely she couldn't seem threatening from this position. If they had encountered evil dragons, they were probably just as scared as she was. She held her breath and waited, heart pounding against her chest.

((Since it seems @Efernium isn't here for right now, I'm just going to say the basket was dropped off))

Mike jumped out of the basket and flew towards the large feathery Dragon. Well, large compared to him, anyways. The swirls on his body looked like they were moving as he flew, but he quickly landed beside the feathery Dragon. He put his small claw on her large one. "Are you okay?"

((Sorry about that was in another dountry for a while.))

As Mike jumped out of the basket, Tras nearly followed him than remembered the importance of the egg. 

"I better stay and watch it," she said to herself, "but it's another dragon friend! Stay strong Tras, stick with the egg."

Tras kept the egg and herself at a distance just in case anything bad might happen. She watched the whole spectacle roll out as she kept gaurd.

Tempus swooped towards here and there, maneuvering as many tree corners as possible to make sure he did not miss a single hint. Not much wildlife was seen nearby, save for a few tiny insects. The Chrono decided to pluck one of his flowers and plant it near a big tree. "I hope I'm right about this: that small flowers survive in many different conditions."

Flying his way back, he thought of how that Soulpeace might be feeling. "Probably just like me, lost, confused, afraid of everything," he muttered to himself. But it took just a day for him to get along with the little group well, perhaps things are already going well while he was scanning the area. The teal wyrm made his way back, reassuring Arc that there's no real threat nearby. But he himself remained cautious, as he has never been to a volcanic terrain before. The heat can be felt warming up the atmosphere, and they haven't even flew past the foot of a volcano yet. Temporamus decided to ask Arc since the others are busy, "Arc, the heat is intense! Should we keep going, or do we pause the journey and look after the new dragon first?" He slightly hoped to continue traveling during the evening instead.

Arc thought for a moment, then descended through the canopy, towards Tempus.

”Well, an injured wing plus, them being afraid and tired.. Seems only fair to allow them to rest. We have made some progress today, but we can’t just take off flying when another dragon can’t help themselves.” Arc looked at the new, injured dragon, and sighed.

”Looks like her feathers were plucked out. I think there are some leaves that help with growing new ones... Hey, Tempus, did you see any trees with leaves that were kind of...”

He scratched a drawing of a thin, long leaf onto the ground.

”Like this? It could help the healing process.”

"Are you okay?Claudia looked up to see the tiny pygmy dragon that landed next to her. He was small, and it seemed like the texture of his scales were moving all on their own. She had seen others of his kind before, but none so majestic as him. "I think I am." She answered. "Well, now, anyway. My wing... They plucked all the feathers out and it hurts..." She tried to move it, showing great pain in her face with every twitch of the muscles. "But... I think they're gone..." Claudia peered past the pygmy and into the woods where the teal dragon had vanished. "It looks like I lost them. My Grandpas... They are white dragons. I've seen them heal great things, and they tried to teach me, but I was never able to do it." Claudia looked down shyly. "I got separated from my family. I don't know the way home." Claudia's voice got quieter and quieter as she spoke, until it was nearly a whisper. 

Looking up, she saw a dragon was still in the sky holding a basket and wondered what that could be about. It must be something important, or some kind of weapon. It could be another trap. She looked at the small dragon in front of her with wide, scared eyes and shook. A flash of teal entered her vision as two dragons entered her sight. They seemed to be talking between themselves about something important. Claudia wanted to run, but this was her best bet for safety. Going through the forest again just had a high chance of meeting those poachers, and no matter how scary, this group seemed nice enough. The end of her tail patted the ground softly as a reflex.

Mike looked at her wing and shivered at the sight. He didn't know that such dragons even existed. Hunting other dragon's for their feathers? How.... despicable! The misfit looked up at her and saw how scared she seemed as she continuously looked over her shoulder. He put his other claw on top of the one already on her. "Don't worry. We're not evil dragons. In fact, we are on a journey to save Tretonum!" He exclaimed. He pointed at Tras, then gestured for her to bring the basket over. "I am Mikesha, but you can call me Mike. The one with the basket is Tras. The wyrm is Tempus and the other one is Arc."

Edited by Griffin_Lokison

Temporamus observed Arc's claw drawing. He couldn't remember for sure, but he was sure that he has seen a plant similar to that. "I'll search again, I think there is one not far away from here. I didn't know those kinds of plants have healing properties!" The wyrm eagerly flew back into the trees, and it wasn't very long before he reappeared back in front of Arc. "Like this plant?" Tempus spoke, with the plant between his jaws. He looked at the other dragons from quite a distance away, and it seemed that it'll take a while for them to get along.

( @Griffin_Lokison may you update the character list so I could keep track on the group roster? )

((I was in Budapest, Hungary @Griffin_Lokison))

Tras saw the signal from Mike and she slowly let the basket to the ground. Being very wary of the dragon, Tras slowly revealed the egg. 

Suddenly a happy pulse filled Tras, as if the egg were saying, "This one is a friend." Tras felt more relaxed and came upnto the little injured dragon, with a smile, and said, "Hey, I'm Tras. Welcome to the team."

Arc examined the leaves.

”Yeah, this’ll do just fine.”

He took the leaves and crushed them together into a paste.

”Alright, now I just..”

He turned and walked to the injured dragon.

”Hi, yeah. I’m Arc, I’m not scary, I hope. Um, yeah, this might hurt a little, but it’ll help the healing process, with those feathers, you know. Lots of vitamins or something, I don’t remember exactly how. Anyway please don’t scream, thanks!”

He gently pressed the mush into the parts of her wing that were injured, being careful to not hurt them too much.

After he was done, he sighed. “Hoof. Ok, it’ll take a while to sink in, but your feathers should grow back in.. Three, four days. Not fast, but otherwise it would of taken a month, so it’s a major improvement.”

He smiled at her nonthreateningly. 

Edited by MrBreadBread

(Forgive me, guys. Easter was rough)

Claudia looked down at her claw where the misfit was touching her. It felt nice to have a kind, comforting touch instead of a malicious one. She looked over the group as each dragon was introduced and nodded. "My name is Claudia. Sorry it's kinda long. I don't have a nickname." She rubbed the back of her head with her free hand, feeling guilty for making them say so many syllables. Suddenly her eyes got wide. "A mission to save Tretonum? That sounds very important..." She trailed off. What kind of mission could they possibly be up too? Or were they just playing a game? It was impossible to know the difference. If they really were on a grand mission, she was just slowing them down. Claudia looked at the egg in the basket as Tras revealed it. It looked so delicate and fragile. She smiled softly, almost afraid to go near it. Claudia thought back to the pink dragons she had known. How comfortable they all were around eggs. How they nurtured them and helped them grow. She wished she was a pink dragon now. 

"Welcome to the team." Tras said and Claudia's heart skipped a beat. Welcome to the team? Was she to join them in this mission to save the land. She bit her bottom lip with nerves. "I don't know if I will be of any use. But.. if you want me to some with you, I have no where else to go." Claudia looked down. "After we save Tretonum, will you help me find my way home? Help me find my grandparents..." She couldn't look at them as she asked for the request. 

Arc pressed the paste into Claudia's wing. She yelped, but managed to hold in her scream by biting her lip. A tear rolled down her face. "Thank... you..." She said through gritted teeth. This felt nothing like the healing magic her grandfathers used. 

Mike looked at Arc as the Dragon applied the goop to Claudia's wing. "Why, nice to meet you Claudia. It isn't too long a name," the misfit replied. Then he fixed Arc in his gaze. "But Arc, her feathers were plucked. I learned somewhere that if a Dragon or bird's wings are forcefully plucked, it can cause damage, and then the feathers won't grow back. Are you sure leaf goop will do the trick?"

Then his short attention span was back on the egg. He noticed how Claudia was looking at it. He quickly trotted over to it, cast a cute little glance at Tras, then started pushing the basket with all his might towards the other. It was pretty heavy, for an egg. "This is the egg of Lavada! Come on, touch it if you don't believe me!"

"Hi Claudia!" Tras said. She suddenly felt very sorry for the dragon. "I will protect you!" Tras said defiantly, "No one will get to you before they get to me. And we will help you, won't we guys?"

Tras watched as Mike pushed the egg forward to Claudia. Tras was excited for another dragon to feel the love of Lavada.

Edited by Efernium

Arc pondered over what Mike had said.

”Well... Hm. I have heard that before, but.. Well, I had a friendly bird, once. It was a.. Pidgeon, methinks? Anywho, met some nasty dragons. Plucked his feathers. It did the trick then, should do the trick now. If it doesn’t work, there is a more difficult to obtain, but more effective medicine that..”

Arc thought about how to word it.

”It uses magic, for one. So it uses that sparkly magic stuff to kinda.. Well, from what I know, you lose all your feathers, but then grow back new ones immediately. Plus, the new ones are stronger and stuff. It’s just that you have to.. Um, well, it needs some flowers, said magic, the magic is actually pretty easy to find, I think... It’s in crystals or whatever. And the last thing... Well, it needs willingly given blood from at least three dragons. The more, the better. Something about devotion, willingness to hurt yourself to heal another.”

He looked to the wound.

”It is pretty bad... I doubt you’ll be able to fly again, if we don’t heal this. Um, but it will heal, don’t worry.”