Griffin_Lokison

And All Creation Wept [Closed]

Tempus peeked the group from afar. Being relatively new to the group himself, he felt that it would be uncomfortable for both him and the new dragon to be in a crowd. So instead, Tempus wanders off into the Forest, hiding from the heat of the sun beneath the leaves of tall trees. "Maybe I could find more of those herbs," the wyrm thought to himself. He proceeded to search again without the group's notice.
He thought of his own past. Poachers seem to be as scary as the evil dragons that attacked his homeland. At one point, all hope seemed to be lost. But then, hope is found once more. "Should I try to find my lost friends and ask for their help? No, there will be too many of us, the evil dragons will notice us." It seems like a mission of no return, but Temporamus had stepped out of hiding. There's really nowhere to go back to, anyway. After wandering around for a while, he spotted the same plant. His frustrated face changed to an expression of energetic excitement. He swooped to pluck the plant, and performed a helix in the air, before rushing back. "I'm sure we need a few more of these, we have a basket to store it!"

Edited by BlueLatios

Claudia looked over all the dragons in front of here. They were all so kind and warm. They helped her wing, and promised to protect her. She pondered her fate, that the damage meant she would not be able to fly, at least for a while. That was sad, but it was something she would have to live with. It scared her at the thought that her feathers wouldn't grow back, but her resolved formed. Claudia decided that her fathers had to grow back. They just had too! That was what she had decided, and so it must come true. The thought of dragons having to give blood to heal her was horrifying. She could never ask someone to do that, so this had to work. 

Her eyes darted to the basket as it was pushed towards her. " Lavada...?" Claudia touched the egg and instantly pulled back with fear. It wasn't bad feelings she got from the egg, but she was startled that she got anything at all. Gripping one claw in the other, she looked at the group. "So.. we really are on a mission to save the world? Wow. This is.. really important." Claudia felt the weight on her shoulders. "But, I'll join you, and we can do this!" She thumped her tail on the ground excitedly before remembering that all the dragons were flying only moments ago. "I might.. slow you down." She said dejectedly. 

Is it too late to join? If you accept me could someone give me a summary of what happened? 

Name: Mikrokosmos

Species: Risensong Dragon

Description: Risensong Dragons wake with the rising of the sun. They can be found hunting during the day, only to vanish into their lairs once the sun begins to set. Their glossy feathers and scales are a deep pink, but the morning sunlight reflects off of their bodies in a beautiful light gold shimmer. Risensongs are social dragons, found in small to medium-sized groups, and are relatively approachable dragons that make little effort to secure the bounds of their territory. These dragons have a respectable ability to weave magic, but only once the sun has started to rise: the darkness weakens their magical powers, and their spells are most potent during the day.

Backstory: Mikrosomos was a ordinary Risensong dragon, with one difference. She did not immediately dash into her lair whenever the sun began to set, but enjoyed adventuring and exploring under cool moonlight. She was often shunned by other dragons and social groups of Risensong dragons, making her life miserable. One day, she was out exploring in the moonlight again when she was captured by Balendin’s armies. Since her magic prowess was weakened by the absence of the sun, she was easily subdued and made as a ‘scout’ of sorts. But Balendin had underestimated her willpower. On a particularly fierce sunny day when her powers of magic was strongest, she broke free and swore vengeance on Balendin for taking and killing a part of her-the natural curiosity of the world.

Personality: Free spirited and possessing a strong willpower, Mikrokosmos is a natural free spirit and adventurer. Her shunned behavior has lowered her self esteem,  but it does not deter her from being sociable and friendly, or at least she tries to be. After her capture, she has matured from the carefree self she once was and became more serious and cautious. She can hold grudges for long periods of time and will not rest until she completes something she had sworn to do. She is also sometimes impulsive and rebellious, as it was those qualities that led to her capture as she disobeyed orders from her parents.

Extra: Mikrokosmos’ nickname is Kosmo. Just when I’m lazy to type.

((I don't think so, @Risensong. Welcome!))

"Yay!!" cried Tras excited that Claudia was ready to join. "Don't worry about slowing us down. We aren't going to fast anyway, and we can help you until you heal. Hey can someone help carry Claudia."

Tras was excited for another Dragon to join their small band of dragons. She wondered how many more would join. Would there be enough Dragons owns to fight Baledin? Can we do this? All of these thoughts raced through head, but only one became clear.

"We can do it! If we lose we would let all of Tretonumdown,"Tras said under her breath.

Mikrokosmos was exhausted, and weary. Having soared the skies day in and day out, she never took a break as she knew Balendin's forces will not be very far behind. As she let the cold wind drafts soothe her eternally exhausted wings, she shuddered as she thought of the heavy, hot and forbidding metal chains that once held them down, preventing her from flying into the sunrise. Her particularly sharp eyes spotted a peculiar sight- a small band of dragons traversing the vast lands below her. They looked weary and worn down by the weather, but Mikrokosmos' acute senses picked up determination in the dragons' hearts, united in the same purpose as her. Her curiosity was only further piqued by a new dragon joining the band and another jumping up and down happily. She flew down and landed in front of the band of dragons, her sociable inner nature kicking in. Maybe her bright glossy deep pink and gold shimmering feathers and scales startled them, but Mikrokosmos could not suppress her urge to be part of a social gorup.

"Hello!" She said, dipping her head. "I am Mikrokosmos, but you can call me Kosmo. I am a Risensong dragon that escaped the clutches of Balendin."

Arc only picked up the sound of someone landing, and “Balendin.”

He reared back and immediately created a lighting bolt, claws outstretched.

”Uh.. Don’t... I have lightning! I can electrocute you! So.. Um.. Sorry, I missed most of what you said. What was that?”

He calmed down a little, but he remained stiff, keeping the lightning brewing inside him.

”Uh.. Right. I heard Balendin in that sentence, What else did you say?”

He stepped in front of the rest of the group, ready to protect them.

"It's  ok Arc," Tras said, "she just said that she escaped from Balendin." Making sure that Claudia was feeling good, Tras approached the Risensong. 

"Hello," Tras said, "welcome to our small group of Dragons!" Suddenly Tras felt a terrible fear remembering what this dragon said. "You were captured by Balendin!!!" said Tras almost jumping on top of the little Dragon.

Tras calmed herself down and asked, "Did you happen to meet a large group of Gaurdian Dragons?"

Mike was delighted that Claudia would be joining them on their very important quest. He looked at the egg and sensed that it was also pleased. He went to nuzzle the bigger egg before turning to look back at Claudia. "That's okay. I don't fly much either. I ride in the basket with the egg," he said. Then his eyes widened as a shiny, pink dragon dropped down from the sky and landed, declaring their presence to them suddenly. He heard all she said, so when Arc got ready to attack, the little pygmy jumped into action. The misfit scurried past the storm rider and stood in front of him. "Arc, she said she ESCAPED Balendin. Not that she works for him."

((Yes, welcome @Risensong. Though, next time send your form via pm as the rules state))

Someone landed behind Claudia. She felt the wing from the wings and heard the soft touchdown onto the dirt. Still terrified of other dragons, Claudia shot into the air and dashed behind the Xenowyrm. He was the first to approach her, and currently the one she felt most safe with. Curiously, she peeked her head out and watched as Arc acted in defense. Looking at the new dragon now, Claudia didn't feel much fear, but it still made her feel safe. Tras said she wasn't a danger, but Claudia was sure not to get to close yet. She was just hurt badly by other dragons and wasn't ready to jump on the bandwagon just yet. Especially with someone who said the evil one's name. 

Tempus finally made it back with several more of the plant species, as well as various weird-looking herbs that doesn't seem poisonous to him. "I'm ba-" he was interrupted by Claudia who had just retreated behind him. Confused, he looked up ahead to see if something had happened. And there he saw a medium, elegant dragon, and it looked young. Another glance at the view and he noticed Mike arguing with Arc about something. "Looks like there was a misunderstanding that confused everyone," he mumbled. Then he twisted his head to the little Soulpeace. "I faintly heard from afar, your name's Claudia, right?" Temporamus then made one coil around Claudia and gestured at the tiny flowers growing on his tail. "Feel free to pick one. My mouth is full at the moment."

Arc grunted. Visibly annoyed with Mike and Tras.

”You guuuuuuyyss. What if it’s a trap? This dragon could very well work for Balendin, they might just be trying to trick us! You people trust other dragons too quickly.”

Mike looked annoyed with Arc and pointed a claw at him. "Maybe you should stop and think. Balendin puts his trust in dragons such as black marrows and dark dragons like that! Does this look like a member of the super evil dragon army? And look! Chains marks on her feathery scales!" The little pygmy looked upset about being called too trusting. "I am NOT too trusting. The egg is happy, see? Look!"

The egg seemed to just be sitting there, not giving any tremors as it had when they were attacked earlier.

Mikrokosmos felt a flash at annoyance at the dragon named Arc's words. These dragons don't trust me, so I have to prove it to them. She unfurled her wings and flashed them out. On her wing membranes were horrid gashes and slashes, and the unmistakable print of hot, burning chains. She hoped these were proof of her capture.

"I have no reason to lie about my predicament," she began calmly. "These scars should be sufficient proof of my capture. And my presence here, right now is proof of my escape."

Suddenly remembering the Navy Blue Dragon's question, she replied, "To think about it, I think I did." Her sharp eyes also noticed the other dragons fear and them flinching at Balendin's name. "I know all of you hate me saying the name Balendin. But think carefully. Won't the fear of a name incur a worse fear of the holder of the name itself? Why should we be afraid? Aren't all of you united in a purpose to defeat him? If you are not brave enough to speak his name, how can you muster the courage to take him on?"

Edited by Risensong

"Yeah, maybe you don't trust enough!" snapped Tras, obviously annoyed.

Then there was the flash. Tras fell silent and just stared at the scar on the wings of the Risensong dragon. She stood their paralyzed, not able to comprehend the pain that Balendin. She suddenly felt a strong feeling of hatred fill the deepest part of her heart. 

Then something changed, "To think about, I did," was the reply Tras got from the Risensong. Her hatred was mixing with a fear for her family's life. They both combined into one common hatred against Balendin. 

"...If you are not brave enough to speak his name, how can you muster the courage to take him on?" said the Risensong. "I am not afraid!" Tras thought defiantly. She jumped onto a nearby rock and said defiantly, "Well for one I am not afraid! Balendin! Balendin!! BALENDIN!!! If we want to fight this terrible dragon we should be able to say his name. This dragon has killed thousands of dragons, he has captured our families, he has destroyed our homes, if we want to stand up against this monster we need to fight together, we need to be courageous together, we need to defeat him together! Who is with me!?"

"Not me..." whispered Tempus to himself. During the war at his homeland, all he was able to do was flee and hide. All that was left were ashes from burnt trees and homes, they meant to not spare a single dragon. He tried to find others of his species, perhaps even other Xenowyrms, but never found one. Tempus's lips trembled, as if wanting to say something to Tras, but he shut his jaws tight. He slowly flew his way to the basket to put the plants. Before leaving the basket, he stared at the egg for a while. "We're here to deliver the egg, not to fight against Balendin nor his destructive army," he reassured himself, "so we will find a way. To find a new home, to reunite with the lost and captured, to regain courage."

“The only reason I’m doing this is because of what he’s done to others. I have no personal reasons to fight him, since I never had a home, or parents for that matter. Plus, making a massive, loud speech when one of us was recently attacked.. Are you asking to be found and killed?”

Arc huffed. “The point is, Balendin is the one thing we’re supposed to avoid, Tras. To bring the fight to him would just kill us all, and anger him more.”

He listened to Tempus and nodded, then turned to the Risensong Dragon.

”If you are truly to be trusted, do you know anything about Balendin’s army camps, or perhaps their military advances? If you reveal something like that, then I’ll have to admit you’re someone not to fear. As for fearing Balendin’s name, I heard it from an unfamiliar voice, so of course I’d be startled. The name itself, however, is merely a name. Nothing more.”

Mike stared up at Tras as she chanted Balendin's name. He wanted to join, but he suddenly got a bad feeling in his gut. He looked over at the egg and saw it start to tremble. He knew what that meant. "Guys? Hey, guys, we should probably stop arguing and get out of here!" He exclaimed, fear lacing his voice. Just as he said this, a raspy voice spoke from above.

"Why, such young children. Why do you take Balendin's name in vain?"

((Guys, we should probably slow down and wait for Coheart. They are on a short vayk right now, so....))

Edited by Griffin_Lokison

A feeling of imminent dread, came on Tras after her speech. She listened to all the other dragons and realized what she was saying. She cursed at her self under her breath and said, "Mom always told me to not to open my big mouth before I thought about things." Then she heard the voice and her stomach dropped.

((Yeah I'll stop))

Mikrokosmos folded her wings and settled herself down. She took in all of the dragons' words. 

"Tras," she addressed the dragon. "I'm very grateful for your support, but then again I do not want to attract any unwanted attention to ourselves. Perhaps you can weigh your words before speaking? As for Arc, I have some valuable information about the Avatar of Destruction's armies. They are looking for scouts. They are hunting you. All of you. Word has spread, through Balendin's spies stationed at random places, that all of you are delivering a very special egg. Balendin wants more on this crucial information. This egg may destroy all his future plans. That is why he wants scouts. Many scouts, to search high and low for all of you. He is also thinking about striking soon. He has waited too long and is getting impatient. All of this information was gleaned from me overhearing all his troops' conversations, even eavesdropping on some important meetings... after all, they did trust me before I broke free. I was a very valuable scout to them. Or it so seemed to them. Luckily for all of you I have managed to convey false information. Currently Balendin and his army are on a misguided path. I ask for all of you to stop being divided. Unite, or die. Deliver the egg, before Balendin realizes he had been mislead. I plead for all of you to accept me into your band. I want to help."

Claudia snuggled into Temp and gently took a flower from his back. She nodded gently when he spoke her name. For a moment, she almost felt settled and safe, until the yelling started. The yelling, the fighting, it was all to overwhelming. She cringed into Temp's coils until he floated away to the basket and the egg. Claudia looked at the treeline for safety, but decided to stay with the group instead of hiding. There's safety in numbers, right?

That was before the booming, raspy voice came from above. After that all bets were off. Claudia covered her head with her claws, and pressed her body to the ground as if she could somehow find comfort.

[I'm home]

Arc was content with what the new dragon said. Despite being.. Unsettling, at least. He was about to reply when a voice came from the air, and he sprung into action, blasting lightning that he’d kept inside him right toward the voice.

”Everyone, spread out!” He shouted to the others, rolling into the foliage to conceal himself a little.

”Ironic. I just said to Tras...” He muttered under his breath.

Temporamus flinched at the sudden anonymous voice. It was an open field, yet the unknown figure's features could not be clearly seen as the direct sunlight did not reflect unto it (Arc's lightning bolt only gave a glimpse too short for Tempus to notice). Being with a group of dragons other than the ones Tempus is close with had made him somewhat different in how he faces danger; he looked after the safety of others before him. His instincts to flee and hide wasn't there. Seeing everyone else scatter for cover, while Claudia covering herself in plain sight, the wyrm did what even he himself would had never imagined be able to do.

"I-If you come not in peace, y-you're going to have to face me first!" Tempus's stuttered, but managed to get the words out. He was astonished by how brave, and perhaps foolish, he was at that moment. All that he can rely on now is his innate Time Magic, as well as Arc nearby. If it's an evil dragon, the least he could do is to buy them time to escape, even if it means he'll be seperated from the dragons he's familiar with for a second time.

Mike jumped into the basket with the egg and covered it with his wings as he huddled close to it. They were both trembling as voice laughed at Arc's attempt to shoot them with lightning.

"Poor little dragons," it was among the bushes now. "You didn't even know a spy had discovered you and your egg. Just hand it over and no one will get hurt." They laughed once again at the Xenowyrm's brave attempt to stand up to them. "You think you can find me and stand in my way? I walk amongst the very shadows at your feet." A shadow walker Dragon popped up behind Tempus.

Tras looked as her whole group scattered from the mysterious voice. Then she saw the shadow walked dragon. "My big mouth!" she thought. 

She acted quickly, she jumped from the rock and quickly ran in front of Temp and Claudia and said, "You have to get through me first!" She knew she was risking her life but she was the one who brought the dragon here. "And no you may not have the egg." Staying in front of Temp and Claudia, she moved her body, slightly, so that she would be ready to spring towards the egg, just in case.

Edited by Efernium

The egg was in the light, which was good. The dragon wouldn’t be able to get it too quickly. The bad news, most of the dragons were under foliage, covered by the shadows it cast.

Arc scanned the situation, trying to find a way to stop the dragon easily.

”If only I could... Wait.”

Arc looked around the trees surrounding them, and the leaves covering the sun, then sprung out and began slicing the thinner branches off trees with his talons, to give less space for the enemy to have advantage.

”Shadow walker dragons are weaker in the light, from what I remember! Keep an eye on the dark, and force him into the light! He can’t shadow walk that way.”