Griffin_Lokison

And All Creation Wept [Closed]

Arc dropped Claudia off. Her feet found the ground easily, even though she was also use to flying. She wasn't, however, use to being carried. Her wings twitched as she tried to stretch them, the sharp pain shooting through her body. "This seems like an okay place.. " Her eyes looked over the barren cave. "For now.." At least there were no dragons attacking. Arc was gone as quick as he had dropped her off, and Claudia couldn't stifle a small whimper. It seemed like every time she found comfort in someone, they left, but she understood he had more important things to do, for the groups safety. For now, all she wanted to do was rest. Rest sounded like the best thing in the world. Suddenly, her body and her eyes felt heavy. She swayed back and fourth and stumbled to a wall. With one swift motion she slumped against it, curling into as ball when she hit the ground. It had been so long since she slept in relative safety, and she just couldn't fight it any longer. It was time to rest. 

Tras watched as all of the dragons slowly landing. As Arc and Claudia landed, Tras followed Claudia walk to the back of the cave and slump to the ground. Suddenly Tras realised that she was also tired, and that many of the other dragons as well. 

Tras took the basket to the back of the cave and surround it with rocks, which she burned together, just in case Arc was right and this WAS an active volcano.

Tras waited for the rest of the dragons to come into the cave than slumped down herself, ready for some much-needed rest.

Mike lifted his head, barely awake, having just awakened from his short nap. He had heard sounds of rocks being moved and fire being breathed. He saw the barrier Tras had made and tilted his head. "Why are you making this barrier? The volcano we saw from the forest is dead."

((Not dead. Just waiting for others to reply))

Edited by Griffin_Lokison

Tempus curiously watched Tras making a wall of rocks, before she herself took rest, quite as fast as Claudia did. Tempus nodded, and he curled up on himself, closed his eyes, and began sleeping peacefully. The cave is dark enough, and the bats and small insects don't bite. They will be safe here, he's sure of that.

Arc came back, swooping down to the entrance of the cave.

”Hey guuy-oh.”

He stopped, and then began lightly treading into the cave.

”Everybody’s asleep... I got dinner, though...”

He dropped a deer onto the floor, gently.

”Guess I’m keeping watch.”

He sat himself down at the enterance of the cave and watched for danger.

”Hey guuy-oh.”

The noise was just enough to wake Claudia from her slumber with a start. She had become a light sleeper recently, more out of necessity then by choice. Not lifting her head, she watched as Arc dropped a deer and took up a position to keep watch. He looked lonely. Claudia glanced over the rest of the cave to find most of her companions curled up sleeping. Slowly, Claudia climbed to her feet and made her way to Arc. Upon reaching him, she curled up into a ball against his side. She laid her head on her paws and looked out from the mountain volcano with half opened, sleepy eyes. Claudia opened her mouth to say something to Arc. To ask him questions about himself, or say something. Her head screamed at her to say anything, but she couldn't bring herself to do. Instead she lay in silence, waiting for the day to change. 

(Hi everyone, just a thought. If you’re waiting for someone else to respond, but it’s taken more than a day, would you mind replying yourself? It’s going pretty slowly, now. Also, if you notice someone that hasn’t responded for a long time, @ them.)

(Sounds amazing. Admittedly I'm still a bit busy, but I check the thread daily or when a new notification pops up. Temporamus is sleeping so, probably just waiting for the next scene/event to happen.)

((So sorry. I try to wait for everyone to have a chance. And to make sure))

The sun rose the next morning, and Mikesha rose with it. He stretched his tiny body and gave a mighty yawn. He climbed out of the basket, over the barrier, and padded out of the cave. They were almost to their destination! They should be able to find Reina today! The ashen lands of the volcanoes was right there, marked by the dead one towering over the forest below. He turned back to call into the cave. "Come on, guys! It's time to get going!"

Temporamus yawned, mouth wide open, then opened his eyes to see darkness. He panicked and turned around, then realising that he had been sleeping with his head facing the back of the cave. He sighed in relief to see the light of the morning outside, they had indeed slept long enough. He gave a friendly nod to Mike, then flew towards him, saying, "While some are still asleep, I'll go find some meat for breakfast. And perhaps some fruits and berries, if lucky." Tempus grinned at the group he is now able to call friends, and left the cave earlier.

Arc turned to look at Tempus.

”Ah, um.. I already got a... And he’s gone.”

Arc was pretty tired, from taking watch all night.

”Well... He’ll go get some berries, I suppose. Maybe some rations for later.”

He focused his attention to Claudia, at his side. She had gotten up and sat next to him during the night, instinctively, he had put his wing over her in case of danger. He retracted it and sighed.

”I’m just gonna rest my eyes. Wake me up when Tempus comes...”

He laid himself down and closed his eyes.

Blackness. There was fire. Screams. In the darkness, she ran. Cage. Walls. Trapped. There was no where to go. No where to turn. Pain. A spear through her wing and into her leg. Despair. Crying. Dying. 

Suddenly Claudia was awake. Sweat dripped from between her fur. It was a harsh nightmare, but it was over now. The sun was up, and Claudia drank in the light happily. Arc's wing was over her, and she fought the urge to cuddle into his side. 

”I’m just gonna rest my eyes. Wake me up when Tempus comes...”

Arc went to sleep, now it was Claudia's turn to watch out for him and her friends. She sat back on and sat tall, looking out over the landscape for any trouble and waiting for Tempus to return.

After the sun had risen up a little bit more, Tempus decided he had searched long enough and made his way back into the cave. He opened his mouth wide to put down all the berries he had managed to gather, the ones he knew are safe to eat. He turned to Claudia and gave a warm smile, then softly spoke, "More for you while the rest are still asleep. I ate some myself, not much but it's sufficient to fill two or three dragons' stomachs." The Chrono picked one of the berries with his teeth and approached Claudia, eagerly waiting for her to try it.

Mikey was awake and had somehow worked up a ravenous appetite in that short span of time. He attacked the deer Arc had brought earlier, then jerked his head straight up at the mention of berries. He rushed the pile of berries and scooped up a good mouthful in his little maw. He chewed and made cute, contented sounds. His face now had berry juice stains. He swallowed and declared maybe a bit too loudly, "We're almost there! The end of our quest is almost upon us!"

((Sorry for taking so long. Lots of summer stuff happened and I haven't had time to write here.))

Ahhhhh...the fresh smell of kill. Tras thought when she woke with a start. Her mind was still muddy with faint thoughts of dark dragons, the egg, her friends and herself. 

"Man, I must have been knocked out!" she said silently to herself. Then she saw the food.

She walked up to the pile and grabbed a piece of meat and a pawful of berries, thanking Tempus and Arc for what they did, then proceeded to the back of the cave to eat. 

While she was eating her mind started to wander back to the entire journey. Thought about the first fight with Baledin's forces and then to the most event one. Suddenly she felt a huge wave of embarrassment, realizing that she was the cause. 

"No, I mustn't dwell on the past," she told herself, "There are dragons whose love are say stake. We need to protect them first then we can worry about our own." And with that she walked confidently up to the group to see what's next.

Arc opened his eyes, his friends eating around him. Yawning, he got up and grabbed a large chunk of meat, and a few berries. He chewed on those, then sat outside, analyzing his surroundings, and periodically scribbling down into the dirt.

”If we go there.. Then we.. No, wait...”

Staring at the map he had made in the dirt, he marked certain spots with an X, and others with arrows, mumbling under his breath.

”This entire place could kill us if we’re not careful. Plus, we don’t know where the enemy could be camping out... I don’t even know the exact spot we need to go to, darn it.”

Arc still looked tired. He had bags under his eyes, (Or whatever the dragon equivalent of that is.) and kept yawning.

”Oookay. Soo... We need to... Uh..”

He paused.

”Hi, quick question. Where is Reina, actually? I have no idea where we’re going.”

He coughed.

“This is... Not great.”

Edited by MrBreadBread

Temporamus peeked over Arc's shoulder to see the claw-drawn map. He felt that it's time they discuss a strategy to break in. Everyone should be able to contribute to something, and even if not, they can be one of the last remaining dragons to deliver the egg to Reina. "I can help with my Time magic. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure I can slow down a dragon's sense of time, so that a few minutes seem like a few seconds to it. M-maybe I can borrow some time so you dragons can sneak in, or to flee from getting caught..." he stuttered towards the end. Even the Time magic of adult Chrono Xenowyrms weren't enough to give them an advantage against Balendin's dark forces when they invaded the Forest of Time. He was indeed scared, and hid for so long. But now is not the time to be scared. He repeated his words, with firm courage, "I can slow down our enemies, that's for sure!"

@MrBreadBread, no! You guys don't know that Reina has been captured! Even in the plot it says so!))

Mikey licked his chops, working on getting the juice off his face. "That could be useful, but I'm pretty sure I've heard that the good dragons have held their own within the volcanic lands. That's why I think we'll find them there. In fact..." Mikey peered out of the cave and towards the dead cave. "I believe I see a patrol!" He turned to Claudia. "And I think they're good guys, so don't worry!"

Dragons were waking. Movement was suddenly all around Claudia. She moved to wake Arc, but he was already awake and eating. Claudia looked at the food, she hadn't even thought she was hungry. She hadn't felt hungry. When was the last time she had eaten? She couldn't remember. Slowly, she took a bite of the berries. Her stomach wouldn't be able to handle meat. In fact, she was worried it wouldn't be able to handle the berries. After a few bites, she already felt sick. Quickly, she ran to the edge of the cave to be sick, hopefully outside the sight range of the others. Claudia groaned, looking down over the edge. She didn't know where to go or what would happen next. She planned to follow the group, but at the moment she was dehydrated. Her heart beat in her head and she was having a hard time staying focused. She turned her head back to the group to see if they decided on the next move. Her attention was divided, she looked back down from the mountain to see if she could find water.

"Water...." She whispered from her dry mouth.

Tras watched as the whole group started to walk about and plan their next steps. Suddenly Tras noticed how sick Claudia was and heard her say "water...". Tras walked up to her and said "I'll find you some water." Tras remembered how she smelled some water last night right before falling asleep. 

Tras walked to the back of the cave and sure enough there was water dripping from the rock. Tras formed a bowl out of clay and fired it. With the solid ceramic bowl she collected some water and brought it back to Claudia.

((ACK! Sorry. I’m alive, I’m alive. Just been reeeeally busy recently. Errr... am I still allowed to post? Just asking. Or has Coffin died...))

Edited by Tentacles

(I think we kinda assumed coffin is silent all the time or is not there ^^' ask Griffin, so far nobody mentioned Coffin being dead or anything. It's my turn to be busy so my post will take a little while longer)