immeria

Abandoned an egg then teleporting

Hello, yesterday my friend teleport me an egg, it was one way transfer, and egg have a low time. I open a link with teleport at my mobile, and notice, than I am not logged in, so I open new page, made log in, refresh page with teleport and then don teleporting to the end, have notice and The eggs/hatchlings have been transfered to your account successfully.  and then I look at my list, theres no this egg! then I look at Log and find out that site is abandoned my egg! How can it be? Please, help, my silver is gone :c

image.png

image.png

From what's shown in your action log, you must have accidentally hit abandon after you got it..

Edited by Fuzzbucket

No way, course after I saw a message, I close window and post my account at hatcheries, I didnt open egg page! 

The only thing I can think of is that clicking accept without being logged in must have caused an error and kicked the egg into the AP because an “invalid user” tried claiming it. I’m unsure of how the mechanics work but I’m assuming that is what happened? That really sucks though!

31 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

The only thing I can think of is that clicking accept without being logged in must have caused an error and kicked the egg into the AP because an “invalid user” tried claiming it. I’m unsure of how the mechanics work but I’m assuming that is what happened? That really sucks though!

But I updated a page! And there was my nickname :C And this message, what I succesfully claimed an egg! 

Have you ever given your password to anyone else who might have logged into your account and abandoned the egg? Or did you leave a device logged in and unattended where a friend or family member could have abandoned it? If you're sure that you didn't make a mistake and abandon the egg yourself, that's the only other explanation I can think of. Otherwise, it would appear that you've accidentally abandoned it somehow.

53 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

If you're not logged in or you're scroll-locked, the option to input your password and accept an egg doesn't even appear so that wouldn't be possible.

52 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Is that actually a thing? I've never heard of that ever.  If you aren't logged in it tells you can't claim a teleport till you go make a scroll.

Sadly, you must have abandoned it, maybe you meant to use a different action, but either clicked the wrong one or somesuch.  There is no way to get it back.

47 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

Have you ever given your password to anyone else who might have logged into your account and abandoned the egg? Or did you leave a device logged in and unattended where a friend or family member could have abandoned it? If you're sure that you didn't make a mistake and abandon the egg yourself, that's the only other explanation I can think of. Otherwise, it would appear that you've accidentally abandoned it somehow.

If you're not logged in or you're scroll-locked, the option to input your password and accept an egg doesn't even appear so that wouldn't be possible.

Given the time frame that's not a runner, I think.

And she got the message:  The eggs/hatchlings have been transfered to your account successfully. 

So when you accepted the egg and the website said it was “transferred successfully”, did you immediately check your eggs to see it wasn’t there? Or did you wait some time before checking that the egg wasn’t there?

1 hour ago, StormWizard212 said:

of course not. I really didn't go to the egg page, it's not even in my history!! how else I can abandon en egg?

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

Sadly, you must have abandoned it, maybe you meant to use a different action, but either clicked the wrong one or somesuch.  There is no way to get it back.

how can I abandon egg, if I wasn't on it's page? tell me please

52 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

So when you accepted the egg and the website said it was “transferred successfully”, did you immediately check your eggs to see it wasn’t there? Or did you wait some time before checking that the egg wasn’t there?

After I see a message about succes, I close a window and go to put my scroll to harchery (egg had a little time), and then I notice, that this egg doesnt shown at my scroll

In that case - contact TJ, who will be able to tell you how it happened. But I suspect it will show that it was abandoned from your scroll. I can't imagine how, but if it shows in your log....

By the way - ask your friend where the egg is now - they will still have the code. That may help.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

44 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

In that case - contact TJ, who will be able to tell you how it happened. But I suspect it will show that it was abandoned from your scroll. I can't imagine how, but if it shows in your log....

By the way - ask your friend where the egg is now - they will still have the code. That may help.

how can I do it? course it's really weird... 

I think someone catch it already, but I will ask, thanks

If your friend  had it, there will be a record in HER log with the teleport. And did she breed it ?

38 minutes ago, immeria said:

how can I do it? course it's really weird... 

I think someone catch it already, but I will ask, thanks

If you go to TJ’s forum page, you can find the button to PM him and then just write the message :) If you tell him about this Help page and explain the situation, he might respond to you with what happened to your egg

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If your friend  had it, there will be a record in HER log with the teleport. And did she breed it ?

she said that egg succesfully transfered, thats all. no, it wac CB silver egg

1 hour ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

If you go to TJ’s forum page, you can find the button to PM him and then just write the message :) If you tell him about this Help page and explain the situation, he might respond to you with what happened to your egg

thank you, Ill try! 

39 minutes ago, immeria said:

she said that egg succesfully transfered, thats all. no, it wac CB silver egg

thank you, Ill try! 

But she can see the code on her action log.

Your best bet is to contact TJ and see if he can sort things out as none of us has any way of telling what happened. In the meantime you need to remove that view link. It is against the rules to post view links for growing things (it's considered egg spam) and it could cause enough views to make it sick. Whatever happened, it is no longer your dragon. 

Edited by purplehaze

It's low time? Shoot, if it was higher time, maybe one of us here could've saved it from the AP. Just keep hoping that TJ replies

The egg was abandoned normally from the same IP address you've used for several other actions on the site, and in fact, the same IP you posted from.

Nothing seems amiss here.

5 hours ago, TJ09 said:

The egg was abandoned normally from the same IP address you've used for several other actions on the site, and in fact, the same IP you posted from.

Nothing seems amiss here.

it's awfull, I havent even come to an egg page |: how else I can abandon it, if I didn't come there? I had 7 eggs while can handle 8, so it's not the point, I don't get it 

Must have hit some weird button configuration. I'm so sorry.