immeria

Abandoned an egg then teleporting

Were you and your friend making this transfer from the same computer? My sons used to have a problem where if one of them logged out and the other one immediately logged in on the same machine, the second one would get automatically logged right back out or get a weird action page or something. I'm sure it had something to do with the cache making the site try to repeat an action the previous user had been doing. It only happened when they were sharing a computer, never again since they got their own computers. If your friend logged out right before you logged onto the same computer, it's possible the system interpreted it as you abandoning the egg.

8 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

What kind of egg was it? I can't bring it back, but if it was a 2g or CB maybe I can help?

I think it was a cb silver. They posted the code but removed it later

How can I hit a settings button, if I'm wasn't at the egg page? I don't even have a page at history. Tell me please. 

On 9/15/2018 at 4:55 AM, tjekan said:

Were you and your friend making this transfer from the same computer? My sons used to have a problem where if one of them logged out and the other one immediately logged in on the same machine, the second one would get automatically logged right back out or get a weird action page or something. I'm sure it had something to do with the cache making the site try to repeat an action the previous user had been doing. It only happened when they were sharing a computer, never again since they got their own computers. If your friend logged out right before you logged onto the same computer, it's possible the system interpreted it as you abandoning the egg.

No, she send me from computer, and I take an offer at the phone. 

It was CB silver, but if it was anything else it's still awful. It was a gift, and I still don't get why this is happened

TJ did say your log shows that it was abandoned in the normal way from the same IP address that you usually use.

And you saw that showing up on your own log. It has to have happened that way. Awful - but...

Also you don't have to go through the view page to get to the actions page. For instance, from your scroll, all your dragons directly have an Actions link next to them. 

And? I need to click at abandon egg first, then enter my password (it doesn't saved on my phone) and then press OK. It's three points to get egg abandon!! How can  do it accidentally? 0o

I have no idea - but clearly it can, as your log shows that it did. I have known many glitches here, but I have never seen a log with inaccurate information.

The only other possibility is someone else having done it on one of your machines - it did happen from the same IP address. This is the kind of reason I am strongly in favour of it NOT being possible to be logged in on more than one device at a time, though others disagree, and it seems that now one can be. So if there is another computer/device in your home and it was logged in as well as your phone, it could have been done that way.

Was there another egg on your scroll that you wanted to abandon? If so, it's possible that you accidentally abandoned the Silver instead and didn't notice which one you were abandoning.

lol, no way someone else use my profile and phone then I make an offer, only if someone hack me, but come on, I haven't any interesting on scroll

8 hours ago, Alectrona said:

Was there another egg on your scroll that you wanted to abandon? If so, it's possible that you accidentally abandoned the Silver instead and didn't notice which one you were abandoning.

no! read first post - I accept a trade, and then close a window after succesfull note, and put my scroll to hatcherys, then notice that my egg is gone. I had 7 eggs, and all I wanted to keep

i get it already, it's a bug but no one even care to see more for it, theme must be closed

People are just trying to figure out how such a thing might happen before they are convinced it is a bug. From your account it certainly seems that something went terrribly wrong and I am so sorry you lost the egg. But try not to be upset about people trying to figure things out. It's really necessary to eliminate all the possibilities before assuming it is a bug. 

When your friend sent you the egg, you said he or she was on the computer and you accepted it on the phone. Were your phone and your friend's computer using the same IP address at the time? If so, perhaps it's possible your friend could have accidentally abandoned the egg?

TJ has the IP logs and it was abandoned from yours. If you didn't do it then it must have either been someone else at your same IP address, or else some kind of problem with the website code.

9 minutes ago, tjekan said:

If so, perhaps it's possible your friend could have accidentally abandoned the egg?

But then immeria wouldn't have gotten the successfully transferred message -- which they said they did.

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

But then immeria wouldn't have gotten the successfully transferred message -- which they said they did.

If there was a system bug, then the system incorrectly showing them the 'successfully transferred' message would be a lot more likely than the system actually abandoning one of their eggs for them. I definitely believe that an uncleared cache issue of some sort could cause them to see a message that isn't accurate.

Another possibility is the friend could have sent them a different egg, not the desired CB silver, by mistake. Immeria could have seen a successful-transfer page and assumed it was the right egg, and the friend could have abandoned the silver thinking they'd already sent Immeria the egg they wanted.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Actually, I also have gotten that message when in fact it didn't happen for some reason. I remember two such occasions; maybe if it happens a third time, I'll remember to take a screenshot ...

The actual proof that the egg arrived on that scroll would be the fact that it showed in the recipient's Action Log as abandoned, not the friend's.

1 hour ago, tjekan said:

If there was a system bug, then the system incorrectly showing them the 'successfully transferred' message would be a lot more likely than the system actually abandoning one of their eggs for them. I definitely believe that an uncleared cache issue of some sort could cause them to see a message that isn't accurate.

Another possibility is the friend could have sent them a different egg, not the desired CB silver, by mistake. Immeria could have seen a successful-transfer page and assumed it was the right egg, and the friend could have abandoned the silver thinking they'd already sent Immeria the egg they wanted.

But the silver shows on Immeria's log as abandoned from her scroll - and that is also what TJ says happened; he went in behind the scenes.

How much time elapsed between you seeing the successful acceptance screen and noticing the egg was gone? You said you noticed it while you were putting eggs in a hatchery later. Was that like 30 seconds later, or an hour later? If the latter, someone else could have messed with your scroll.

The problem is that the site isn't exactly free of glitches. And, as is natural for glitches, they show as something going right instead of as how wrong something actually went. And, in the end, it's always the user's word against TJ's (per definitionem infallible) logs.