solairehighwind

Teleport Option: Invisibility

Hi!

I've seen a couple suggestions related to allowing hiding during teleports, but the problem is that true hiding of your eggs will prevent people from looking at their lineage, which isn't great if you want to actually trade your egg.

So, I have a proposal:

Add an option to Teleports, maybe call it Invisibility? It'd be a checkbox you could check when setting up the teleport.

When you make the teleport using that option, it prevents your egg from getting any views, shows it as hidden on its view page, your scroll, and hatcheries - but people can still see its egg sprite on the teleport page *and* check its lineage.

That way, your eggs can't get hatched/viewbombed while in trade, and people can still see what you're trading!

The lore flavor could be something like, "Your Magi makes a protective magical field around the eggs/hatchlings, preventing anyone outside from seeing them."

I'm curious what others think of this, though - any thoughts/comments?

One possible issue is that you can only check invisibility at the start of the teleport, and you'd have to remake it if you forgot. I don't think that'd be too much of an issue, since people are already remaking teleports often, but I could be wrong!

LOVE this idea. It's very frustrating that even if your scroll is hidden and set to "Not accepting aid", people can still put the eggs you have in trade into hatcheries and cause them to get sick. This would fix that issue.

Great idea. SOMETHING needs to be done to protect eggs in trade.

I've always wanted this, major support! There's no harm in this and this option can help ppl trade without worrying about their dragons :) I think we need this.

I support this and I think it would really help with cutting back on having to hide growing things or having to redo teleports because something hatched or got sick.

I think the fact that the link breaks when they hatch is fair enough, actually. Unless that's not what you mean ?

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I think the fact that the link breaks when they hatch is fair enough, actually. Unless that's not what you mean ?

The problem is that the links breaks because eggs hatch when got views they weren't supposed to get through viewbombing.

That's nothing to do with fairness, it's someone messing with your trades.

Yes, I realise that - but I wondered if Jaz meat that the link should hold up through hatching.

Eggs need that one last view to hatch. If the egg was protected via this proposed Invisibility, it would not be able to get that last view and thus would not hatch while in teleport.

(It could probably also die while in teleport due to this, just as if it was fogged, from running out of time.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I like this idea! I've had a handful of special dragons die in teleports because someone felt nasty, and I don't see why that should continue to happen. This feature would be a huge relief during the holidays too.

14 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes, I realise that - but I wondered if Jaz meat that the link should hold up through hatching.

@Ruby Eyes covered what I meant. I don't mean that the link should hold up. It's just that if I have an ER egg up for trade and it gets enough views to hatch, I have to take an extra step to make a new teleport if I want to keep trying to trade it.

Yes, pretty please.

And, on a related note: Please also make offers from players anonymous if they have their scroll name hidden on their dragons' view pages.

2 hours ago, olympe said:

Please also make offers from players anonymous if they have their scroll name hidden on their dragons' view pages.

That seems like something that could use its own thread?

This would be great. I think there are several problems with the many-times suggested idea of hiding eggs during trade, but this "Invisibility" instead of fogging seems to avoid them all. Support.

6 hours ago, lolahighwind said:

When you make the teleport using that option, it prevents your egg from getting any views, shows it as hidden on its view page, your scroll, and hatcheries - but people can still see its egg sprite on the teleport page *and* check its lineage.

I support the suggestion of preventing the egg/hatchling from getting any views while "invisible".

However, the view page should remain accessible. It is the only way to see the gender of gendered hatchlings (when there is no dimorphism) and whether or not something is sick. That's information I would like to see before offering on something. The number of views and the stolen/bred/hatched dates might also be important to some people.

The teleport page could also show the gender symbol and maybe a sickness indicator.

Another option could be that only the sprite on the view page shows as fogged to the viewer with everything else still being there.