purplehaze

ANSWERED:Mark eggs in AP that you have picked up before

I currently have 3 Post-It notes *filled* with Ribbon Dancer and Winter Magi codes so I can avoid them on the AP. Thankfully those breeds tend to stick around for awhile, because every time I refresh I have to check all the codes against my notes before clicking any of them, and that gets *very* tedious. It would be so much easier to just have a little indication on the AP itself identifying which ones I've already picked up.

@Marie19R while I’m all for showing what eggs we’ve grabbed already, in the meantime wouldn’t it be faster for you to just grab eggs and abandon them then look at all those codes? XD 

There comes a time when you have picked it up enough times that doing that is VERY annoying....

I'd be all for this, but I wonder if TJ would find it detrimental to giving some challenge to the game's collecting process?

33 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

There comes a time when you have picked it up enough times that doing that is VERY annoying....

This, very much. While it's annoying as heck to write down every single code I re-abandon and go over the list each time I refresh the AP, it's honestly even more annoying to pick up the same egg 5+ times and have to re-abandon it each time (especially because my memory seriously sucks, so I often don't recognize the parent's names to realize that it's one I've already picked up, so I have to check the lineage of every single egg).

Well, as long as I don't stalk the AP for rares, I tend to get egglocked, then just click on all eggs of the most prominent breed(s). When I get the "overburdened" message, I change the "abandoned" in the URL to "lineage", hit enter - and take a good look at the lineage. Even if I have to abandon one of my filler eggs first to actually grab the egg I want, it's still faster than grab-look-abandon, rinse and repeat.

I am also in full support of this. I like picking up messy eggs for freezing purposes and it is annoying picking up the same egg over and over again.

1 hour ago, Marie19R said:

This, very much. While it's annoying as heck to write down every single code I re-abandon and go over the list each time I refresh the AP, it's honestly even more annoying to pick up the same egg 5+ times and have to re-abandon it each time (especially because my memory seriously sucks, so I often don't recognize the parent's names to realize that it's one I've already picked up, so I have to check the lineage of every single egg).

Not to mention that with multiclutches you keep getting the same lineage with different codes !

3 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

Not to mention that with multiclutches you keep getting the same lineage with different codes !

Yup! I've actually started writing down the sibling's codes too... If I pick up an egg with a lineage I don't want, I'll go to the parent's page and write down the codes for the other eggs in that clutch, so I can steer clear of them as well. .... Very very annoying, but better then endlessly picking up the same lineage.

While I can totally see why this is annoying, it's also not particularly likely to happen. The AP you see is the same AP everyone sees, and customizing it to the viewer would be difficult—if not unfeasible.

Thanks for your input TJ. Since the other thread was closed without comment it was hard to tell if it was a possible thing or not. I guess if it is not something that can happen then this thread may as well be closed. It sure would have been nice, though. ;)

As much as I would love this to happen, I agree that it seems technically unfeasible from my past experience running a somewhat similar game. Any given page can either appear the same to everyone OR display differently for each player. I have no idea how one would go about doing both at once without some kind of local overlay app. Maybe that's the solution? Allow people to use browser plugins that can do this? The plugin would do exactly one thing - put some kind of marker over things you've clicked on recently. How to get it to recognize EGGS specifically is the sticky bit, I think...

29 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Thanks for your input TJ. Since the other thread was closed without comment it was hard to tell if it was a possible thing or not. I guess if it is not something that can happen then this thread may as well be closed. It sure would have been nice, though. ;)

The other thread was probably closed for being old/inactive. That has happened in the past.