purplehaze

ANSWERED:Mark eggs in AP that you have picked up before

When I go hunting in the AP I am usually looking for one breed with a specific type of lineage. I will click on every egg of that breed that I see. If it isn't the right type of lineage I will throw it back. Then I move on to another of the same breed. But often after awhile I end up picking up the same eggs again and again. That gets old real fast! I wish there were some way to tell which eggs I had already rejected.

And is anyone else as tired as I am of looking for nice lineages among the holiday eggs in the AP and getting the same messy egg over and over again? It would help immensely if the eggs we had already handled were marked in some way so we would know not to click on them again! Bad enough that we could still click on up to 4 eggs from the same breeding, but at least we wouldn't be clicking on each of them 3 or 4 times.

This has been suggested before, but the thread was closed. https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/153687-mark-previously-grabbed-eggs/

Since no reason was given for closing it and it got mostly positive comments, I thought I would bring it up again.

Full support. I am sick to death of picking up the same inbred egg over & over & over & over... I don't have the option of checking codes on the console I use to access DC either, so some way of marking/highlighting previously caught/discarded AP pickups would be amazing.

Yes please!

I waste a lot of time picking up and re-abandoning the same eggs over and over.  Just some way of marking the egg would be good - like for example a small eye over the corner of the egg sprite to show that you've seen it before and recognise it.

I know this has come up before. Not sure what ever happened to those thread(s). But yes, I would like something like this. This would be good year-round.

Yeessss please! I actually support this because I've been having the opposite problem, picking up and re-abandoning too many nice neat lineages while looking for messies. I've resorted to jotting down the code of every single egg I toss back so that I don't pick up the same egg endlessly, which is really a pain to do. I would *love* some sort of indication in the AP that shows that you've already picked up that egg. Fading the image a little, a simple line-box around the egg, anything!

If this is in any way possible on the technical side, I'd love to see something like it implemented !

Like others here I mainly hunt the AP for specific topics at any given time (sometimes CBs, sometimes specific lineages, sometimes just "something beautiful or interesting"), and it would help immensely to know which eggs I already looked at. Trying to memorize the codes only takes one so far, as do several of the other tricks I tried... And going through the whole "abandon it all again" adds up to quite some time.

It wouldn't have to be fancy, just some way of recognising your re-abandoned eggs at all.

Yes, please. I keep pickling up the same messy dragons and it's getting old...

I would love to see this happen. I'm so tired of picking up the same old messy eggs.

yes please. A gentle glow around it would be sufficent

Edited by Starscream

I don't see its benefit as just being at holiday times, although the holiday AP does exacerbate the problem, because most of us are looking for something fairly specific, or at least know the kinds of things we are NOT looking for.

I wondered if it is technically possible, but I figured I would let TJ worry about that part of it.:lol:

15 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I don't see its benefit as just being at holiday times, although the holiday AP does exacerbate the problem, because most of us are looking for something fairly specific, or at least know the kinds of things we are NOT looking for.

I wondered if it is technically possible, but I figured I would let TJ worry about that part of it.:lol:

At the very least, if it isn't we could be told. And since the AP is capable of tracking eggs you bred, I don't think that at least a partial version would be impossible.

I'm all for this.

YES YES YES! And mayby a halfmark for eggs which share parents (celestials / today i find two eggs with the same linage) with this "marked"? 

Edited by Erra

I support this as well. 

I'm SO tired of picking up eggs with un-named parents that I have to throw back. 

Makes me sad to see all those un-named dragons.  And it doesn't even take long to name them.

What's the point of collecting dragons if you're not going to name them?

Would YOU like to be called '(ArtOv)' or 'Generic 3rd Gen Female'

Oh goodness, please! I so want this feature. If I abandon an egg I picked up from the AP in the first place, there's usually a very good reason for that, and I don't want to pick it up again just because I can't keep track of 20+ codes at a time. A simple frame around the egg, or even just making the egg look transparent would help so much!

Once upon a time there was a really great BSA suggestion for this: Identify, for Royal Blues. It was nicely fleshed out and even had the RB's spriter's enthusiastic support. I liked it so much, I started to hoard RB because of it. :rolleyes:

Anyway. If I can't have the cute BSA, then I would like this. With a simple frame around those eggs that keep throwing themselves at me, please. (I also like the transparancy idea, but I fear it would make them harder to distinguish?)

2 hours ago, Frodo said:

Would YOU like to be called '(ArtOv)' or 'Generic 3rd Gen Female'

Just reserved Generic 3rd Gen Female, thank you for that. :D

I would find this feature useful as well. Admittedly, I won't have my "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" dragons any more (the ones I catch and release and catch again so many times that I give up and keep them because they just need a little more), but I'd theoretically be able to stay more focused on what I'm doing!

Yes, please. Even with the features already in place, I pick up the same eggs over and over. One year, I wrote down codes of dragons I picked up to try and avoid them. But that is tedious and I can't check codes very well on mobile.

Not to mention that there are some breeds (hollies...) that go so fast that the only way to snatch them is "click first, check code later".