Guillotine

Add cooldown time to Freezing

Right now, once you've maxed out your freezes, you get a message that says "You cannot attempt to freeze this hatchling because you have used this action [scroll max] or more times in the past several weeks." Besides being uninformative (how many weeks is "several"? I know that it's two, but a newbie wouldn't), it also doesn't tell you how long it will be until you regain a freeze.

My suggestion is this: alter the no-more-freezes message in some way to tell you when your next freeze will be available. The action log isn't much of a help, since the only time I run out of freezes is when I'm in a state of constantly grabbing and throwing back eggs from the AP (so holidays :V ), and it's kind of a pain to need to load that many pages just to check freeze timing.

I suspect that kills have a similar problem, but I rarely kill my dragons so I can't say.

(I feel like this topic existed before, but I couldnt' find it with a search so here we are)

Support.

It always confuses me when an action doesn't have an exact (days + hours) timer on it. Like, obviously there are plenty of mechanisms in place for countdown timers; why is this one exempt?

So much support!

It really doesn't make much sense that freeze has that vague "several weeks" message. Most all other actions have a specific timer (Incubate, Influence, breed, etc). It may be that scroll-wide cooldowns don't have a timer while dragon-specific ones do, because kill does show the same "several weeks" message, but I can't think of any reason why they *couldn't* have one. I mean, the actions are logged, we see that in our action log and in the help-freezes part, so the game already knows when the freezes happened and how long until one returns. I would very much love an accurate cooldown timer for freezes.

I support this also, and not just because of holiday seasons. Sometimes I just go on freezing binges, and it'd be nice to know precisely how long I had to wait to feed my habit again. XD Not a major gameplay change, but it would be useful for people like me who freeze a lot.

Yeah, same would also be nice for kills...

5a008f4809a82_ScreenShot2017-11-06at10_35_02AM.png.e426e74d2c5e1d25505a5cb8fab6659b.png

Would be nice to know how long (with more specificity than "a couple weeks") until it's available again, particularly when playing the zombie lotto.

I would support a change like this.i personally wouldn't require it because I don't usually freeze many dragons, BUT I can see how it would be a helpful thing for those who DO freeze.

Support. Its always confusing and frustrating to figure out when exactly I can freeze again.

https://dragcave.net/help/actions/#freeze 

^This page is already a thing, but it's not easily accessible or intuitive to get to, particularly if you're an older player and/or don't need the help pages much. A hyperlink to it or specification for freezes/kills directly on the action page would be good. Especially for kills, because it doesn't have the same table, and it may take a while of searching/clicking if you forgot where your tombstones were. Possible to look up, but annoying.

Edited by Shadowdrake

When I read the name of the suggestion I thought it was about making freeze cooldowns even longer and was like, nooooooo XD :lol: 

Anyway, support!

Actually I think that all actions should have more precise cooldowns displayed, with days and hours :) (Minutes wouldnt hurt either :P )

Edited by Tears in Rain

Support! I'm in favor of any action with a cooldown period displaying a timer.

I had no idea that list of frozen hatchlings was available on the Help page!

5 hours ago, Tears in Rain said:

When I read the name of the suggestion I thought it was about making freeze cooldowns even longer and was like, nooooooo XD :lol:

Anyway, support!

Actually I think that all actions should have more precise cooldowns displayed, with days and hours :) (Minutes wouldnt hurt either :P )

oh god no, i remember the one-week glitch and yearn for those days, two weeks is painful and more would be even worse

Yeah; I can understand not adding minutes, but I don't see why days and hours at least can't be added to all cooldowns. Freeze/Kill are just especially egregious, since they currently have no timer at all.