The Evil Doer

April 1 event Poll

Did you enjoy the April 1 prank?  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a thought: If anyone is working on lineages with Mints and metallics, now might be the time to actually *get* metallics, with the sudden influx of Mints in an amount of at least half the active playerbase and plenty of prank breedings as well. Ratio fixings!

They are certainly BREEDING better than they often do; I have filled quite a few IOUs this week laugh.gif

Hmm. I wouldn't say it left a sour taste in my mouth, or that it left a lasting unhappiness, but it did make me sad, and I wasn't particularly happy with the execution. Peg me between neutral and sad panda.

I honestly have an easier time dealing with raffles where barely anyone wins than I do ones where it's a half-and-half split between winners and losers. It's easier to accept you didn't have a chance anyway when winners are few and far between.

Edited by Dianacat777

I'm in the middle but not because I don't care either way, rather because I can see both sides and *do* care.

I absolutely love the upside down minty's so I love that part of the event, but I can understand those who missed out are (very) unhappy. I thought I was one of them, fortunately I got one gifted from a friend who only plays very casually and didn't care as much for keeping it. Because the sprite is so neat, only getting one chance, ever, seems too little.

This can however be fixed pretty easily, and I very much hope TJ will do so. Make the upside-down mints breed true on April 1st every year would rock, those who didn't get one could still obtain a lineaged one. And/or give us another try every year (maybe even 2 or 3 times??) That would make them a bit like the zombies before the new sprites/possible success outside Halloween. Very limited chances, one day a year, but still recurring so even those who are unlucky should be able to get one eventually. It gives people something to look forward to every year, still no doubt people will be disappointed at being unlucky while others end up very lucky with multiples, but knowing there'll be another chance next year will alleviate the worst disappointment. Most of us who are serious collectors have been here many years, and hope to be here for a long time still. smile.gif

I can't say that I really enjoyed the event (my result was being eaten). It didn't help reading that some people maybe got multiple chances when I got my one -joke, glitch, or both, I'm still not sure for the multiple chances. Yes, it is a Mint. Yes, Mint's are common. I know the flipped image doesn't show on every page and doesn't do anything special. It just stings a little to have missed out. No hate to the lucky few.

Granted, I wasn't in the best frame of mind that day because the whole day was a rotten joke for me. However, if I am honest, this event doesn't even come close to making me as sad and unhappy as another DC event did.

Edited by Silence2

I'm neutral; on one hand, I think the event was fun and enjoyed participating. On the other, some people got unique bonus items (even if they're common) that not everyone had a chance at. I really feel for all the people who got eaten; that seriously sucks.

I got an upside down mint, which I'm thrilled about- but, after seeing what people wanted for even the regular ones in the trade threads, I pretty quickly abandoned all hope of trading for a mate for it. I'm a casual player; I usually only have commons on hand and I don't have anything SUPER SPECIAL to breed for trade, and I've never managed to make a Neglected, and I'm not quick enough to grab those babies out of the AP. So, kinda bummed about that- but, still glad I got SOMETHING.

So, just kinda sitting here in the middle. Happy for me, but sad for a lot of others.

I honestly have an easier time dealing with raffles where barely anyone wins than I do ones where it's a half-and-half split between winners and losers. It's easier to accept you didn't have a chance anyway when winners are few and far between.

Interesting you bring this up; it crossed my mind too. I wonder if it is possible to determine the optimal success rate for a raffle or % chance of success that would ruffle the least amount of feathers...? Obviously you don't want too few winners or people will complain about the nigh-impossible chances. Equally, too many and anyone who didn't get lucky is going to be sore because they perceived the success rate to be as good as 100% - even if mathematically it clearly wasn't. Hmmm!

I thought it was a great event, personally. But I did come away with x2 pairs of Upright Cave Mints and x1 Male Upside-Down Mint. Most of the answers in this poll may simply be a reflection of what players came away from the event with. I can totally understand the frustration of those who got nothing. But, quite frankly, Dragon Cave is a computer game. A competitive game where we all compete against each other. Winning and Losing is part of this. For example....

Offering Trades - get the item / miss out on the item

IOU Trades - receive your iou / never receive your iou

Breeding Dragons - get the egg / wait a week to try again

ND Experiments - get a neglected / get a dead egg shell

April Fools Event - get mint(s) / never got mint(s)

I'm sure we can all think of other examples regarding winning/losing. If we all got what we wanted the competitiveness would disappear and the game would become mundane.

So, just remember....

[youtube link]

laugh.gifwink.gif

I thought it was a great event, personally. But I did come away with x2 pairs of Upright Cave Mints and x1 Male Upside-Down Mint. Most of the answers in this poll may simply be a reflection of what players came away from the event with. I can totally understand the frustration of those who got nothing. But, quite frankly, Dragon Cave is a computer game. A competitive game where we all compete against each other. Winning and Losing is part of this. For example....

I'm sure we can all think of other examples regarding winning/losing. If we all got what we wanted the competitiveness would disappear and the game would become mundane.

So, just remember....

[youtube link]

laugh.gif  wink.gif

This website is hardly something I would call competitive... As for things becoming mundane, why should I care? I don't have it in the first place so I would still benefit. That is just selfish thinking.

Edited by Weregazebo

This website is hardly something I would call competitive... As for things becoming mundane, why should I care? I don't have it in the first place so I would still benefit. That is just selfish thinking.

Fairly sure the other 11 people in the Volcano when I caught a Gold there earlier would disagree with you on DC's lack of competition....

Fairly sure the other 11 people in the Volcano when I caught a Gold there earlier would disagree with you on DC's lack of competition....

I don't think that counts as a competition, I have seen at least 10 rares in the last two days of being on for about ten minutes max clicking once through every biome, most of them remained for a good twenty seconds. Even then they would have plenty of chances of stealing them later, or at least getting bred ones. The competition here is nothing compared to what it is in many other games.

Makes me wonder what you call "rares". I haven't even seen any metallics recently.

Makes me wonder what you call "rares". I haven't even seen any metallics recently.

This. On my connection, I consider myself lucky to even see a CB Gold, never mind catch one - that's the first I've caught in about two years. No, it's probably not as competitive as some MMORPGs with strong focus on PvP, but.... if I want that, I'm more than capable of going and playing one (or, well, I was before my gaming rig decided to die on me a couple of months ago rolleyes.gif).

It's quite flabbergasting that you cannot see any competitiveness attached to the game, especially seeing as I've listed several examples. Even tried being sympathetic to the players who missed out on Mints/Balloons but I still get called selfish for posting my opinion. No need for those types of envious outbursts really rolleyes.gif

Lol, thank you! Yet another example of competitiveness. The amount of times I've missed CB Golds and Silvers is unreal, and I don't like missing them, but it's part of the game. People need to accept that, but some can't!

Lol, thank you! Yet another example of competitiveness. The amount of times I've missed CB Golds and Silvers is unreal, and I don't like missing them, but it's part of the game. People need to accept that, but some can't!

..also catching Spriter Alt 2Gs on the AP, something I like trying to do! With some success, but others are a lot better at it than me! ohmy.gif

I guess my definition of competitive is just higher than the average then. Regardless, my point was that if somebody wanted a dragon enough they could get one just from being on the website, depending on how much time they spend looking they might even find one in a few days, and yes I mean metallics as well; two of the ones I mentioned were these. On the other hand with events such as these the only way anyone could ever get an upside down mint is through trading, and like many other people said they aren't being traded for things a "mere Mint" would be traded for.

So, just remember....

[youtube link]

laugh.gif  wink.gif

In terms of this event, we weren't really competing--unless the words were taken at face value. We simply clicked a button and either got something or we didn't. Breeding is also not competing. Again, you click a button and you get an egg or you don't.

Edited by Jazeki

So, just remember....

[youtube link]

laugh.gifwink.gif

Amen to that. We all lived to play another day. LOL

And by next April Fools we will all have forgotten about this event and will be totally unprepared for whatever outrageous prank and tomfoolery the Dragon Cave will hold for us. I can't wait. biggrin.gif

I don't have a sour taste in my mouth but I definitely was disappointed.

On one hand, I'm glad that the mints don't show upside down in lineage view, but now it will be something that I can never collect in a collectibles game. Yes, I can never get a CB Prize dragon, but at least I can get the sprites through other means. So that is a bit disappointing.

As someone who played back when there was only one cave, I didn't care that they said "Location: Cave" My concern was with the upside down sprites.

I agree with others who said previously that it is harder to accept the outcome of the "raffle" when half the site wins and you don't. When the odds are so high but you still fail to reach them, it really sucks.

I also don't see why people are calling this event a competition. Those who got a mint egg did nothing different than what I did. We all pressed a button and a coin got flipped.

Edited by rabbit153

I also don't see why people are calling this event a competition. Those who got a mint egg did nothing different than what I did. We all pressed a button and a coin got flipped.

Trades. Those were the fiercest competition part about all this.

I chose neutral because I don't care either way. Sure, it would've been cool to have an upside-down Mint, however, they mostly aren't even shown this way on different pages. The location thing is something I don't understand at all, as its even less visible.

The one thing bugging me is that some got multiple chances due to a bug, I would have loved to get another try as well.

The best thing about the event, though, it reminded me how much fun it is to hunt in the AP laugh.gif During the few hours I have seen plenty of rares and caught a few as well, now I can't stop going back there xd.png

I was torn between sad and neutral and in the end voted "sad". The idea to make a presumed cave blocker special was great, and the upside-down Mints looked super cute. But I didn't like the execution. The joke shouldn't have been based on a psychological experiment (that made me feel like a guinea pig), and there should have been multiple tries, especially for the people who were eaten. And I didn't enjoy the bragging of some people who managed to get several special eggs when at the same time other players were devastated because they had got nothing. Bleah.

Bragging? You should probably never look at the Great Lineages from AP or the Congrats thread. Don't shame people for telling about their luck.

Bragging? You should probably never look at the Great Lineages from AP or the Congrats thread. Don't shame people for telling about their luck.

I don't think that was shaming, otherwise that would mean that you would be doing the same thing with your statement.

I don't think that was shaming

Well, it got me seriously miffed, so it was apparently not as harmless as you'd like to put it.

Also, thanks to that needless fullquote of my post, I don't even need to reword it because I cannot edit that quote anyway.

Edited by Ruby Eyes