Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

@Jet Raptor About the Larvitar quest - the research rewards always get published somewhere on the internet, you can google them. It comes handy if you know what quest will give you what reward if you are looking for rare pokemon or shinies (some research rewards have also a possibility to be shiny).

If there are no people doing raids, you can try talking your friends into playing again ;) But you could also try to contact other players through social media, some cities have their own Facebook page or discord.

I decided to bite the bullet and evolve some of my shiny Eevee. I ended up getting 4 Jolteon, 1 Flareon and 1 Vaporeon!(I accidentally evolved another Eevee by mistake and got the 4th shiny Jolteon, oops?).

Thankfully I have enough Eevee left over to get the rest of the Eeveelutions(whenever they get added). I'm already in the process of walking one of my Eevee so it'll evolve into an Umbreon. I have 5 Km to go, which is going to take a while.

I managed to evolve one of my shiny eevees into an umbreon, now I am walking another to get an espeon.  With the others, I ended up with 1 Flareon, and 3 Vaporeon, because I apparently already used to name thing for jolteon.  I am saving the rest for the other eeveelutions that aren't released yet(I half expect them to be released early, though I wouldn't bet money on it).  If I find any more or I can find someone willing and able to trade I will continue to try for a shiny jolteon.

I Still need both Solrock and Lunatone. Also, I can't believe I got shiny Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon on the first try! I totally lucked out! I accidently evolved another into a Vaporeon, forgetting it was supposed to be 10km to walk and not 5km. oops. oh well, another shiny Vaporeon is noting to cry over. I still have enough to get the rest of the evo family shinies and keep one or two as eevee's.

On 8/16/2018 at 6:33 PM, Kaini said:

So, there are actually monthly 'community days' where shinies of a certain pokemon appear frequently for a 3-hour period. You just have to keep up with the pokemon go news from niantic to catch them :) The next community day is chikorita on Sept. 22. 

Oooh yeah, I vaguely remember one of those from a long time ago. I remember being unable to participate during the window.  |D

23 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

@Jet Raptor About the Larvitar quest - the research rewards always get published somewhere on the internet, you can google them. It comes handy if you know what quest will give you what reward if you are looking for rare pokemon or shinies (some research rewards have also a possibility to be shiny).

If there are no people doing raids, you can try talking your friends into playing again ;) But you could also try to contact other players through social media, some cities have their own Facebook page or discord.

Really? I just thought the tasks were random. Neat. As much as I'd like to find raid groups around here, talking to people is a real struggle.  >.>;  I may have to look around for groups online and just show up and awkwardly stand in the corner without speaking to anyone. As I've never seen legendaries in gyms, I'm assuming you can't use them. Can you still use them to battle?

14 hours ago, Jet Raptor said:

Oooh yeah, I vaguely remember one of those from a long time ago. I remember being unable to participate during the window.  |D

Really? I just thought the tasks were random. Neat. As much as I'd like to find raid groups around here, talking to people is a real struggle.  >.>;  I may have to look around for groups online and just show up and awkwardly stand in the corner without speaking to anyone. As I've never seen legendaries in gyms, I'm assuming you can't use them. Can you still use them to battle?

They can't be left in gyms to defend them because in that case they'd be too hard to overpower, but you can use them in battles, of course. :)

Edited by *Silver Fox*

And the Celebi tasks have started!  Which apparently also means an increase in Johto mons!  Yay for more houndours!  I probably would have been able to complete the first tasks today if I wasn't too nice to kick someone out of a gym when they had only been there 30 minutes.  Didn't stop someone from kicking me out after less than fifteen.  *grumble*  I didn't have time to drive to a different gym.

I'm already on stage 2 of the tasks. A friend picked me up and we drove to a more populated and active town where there's almost a gym on every corner. Ended up catching two Regirocks too. Also, the second task is add three new friends, I forget what the second one is, but you also need to catch a pokemon three days in a row. I think they set that up so people can't just speedrun through it like some did for Mew.

Oh and the other task for the 2/8 is evolve three evolved grass pokemon. Like mid stage mons. Bayleef, ivysaur, gloom, etc. They also added in new shinies too. Houndour, Snubbul, and Pineco that I know of for sure.

Edited by Syiren

Uff, I was so disappointed to see that all the first Celebi tasks were battle/raid related - I can't do that at work! LOL! I'll knock those out tomorrow, though, and continue.

13 hours ago, Syiren said:

I'm already on stage 2 of the tasks. A friend picked me up and we drove to a more populated and active town where there's almost a gym on every corner. Ended up catching two Regirocks too. Also, the second task is add three new friends, I forget what the second one is, but you also need to catch a pokemon three days in a row. I think they set that up so people can't just speedrun through it like some did for Mew.

Oh and the other task for the 2/8 is evolve three evolved grass pokemon. Like mid stage mons. Bayleef, ivysaur, gloom, etc. They also added in new shinies too. Houndour, Snubbul, and Pineco that I know of for sure.

Also the six new shinies are: Sunkern and Sunflora, Natu and Xatu and Pineco and Foretress. :) I am also on stage 2, I added three new friends and evolved a Hoppip twice. All I have to do is get those three Pokemon, one every day in a row.

I'm on stage two of the tasks. Would anyone care to add me as a friend? I still need three new ones.

WB

4 hours ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

I'm on stage two of the tasks. Would anyone care to add me as a friend? I still need three new ones.

WB

I gotchu.

0454 9583 1624 

I'm Syiren25

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

I gotchu.

0454 9583 1624 

I'm Syiren25

You are awesome! Thanks ever so! ^^ Here is mine in case anyone else wants to add little ol me. X) 

2165 3152 1150

WB

5 hours ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

You are awesome! Thanks ever so! ^^ Here is mine in case anyone else wants to add little ol me. X) 

2165 3152 1150

WB

I sent a request too!  I am also on the second task, I thought I had everyone here as a friend already.

If anyone here does not have me as a friend, I would love to have them:

9637 5276 1489

Edit:

Got my three friends.  Still happy to add new ones though, now I just need to catch the three pokemon over three days.  Easy peasy.

Edited by Nectaris

Ok, knocked out task one today, you know what that means!

Friends?

9535 6166 0814

Oh geez! Stage three is going to be a walk fest!

1. Reach level 25

2. Use a Sun Stone to Evolve Gloom or Sunkern

3. Hatch 9 eggs.

.......SERIOUSLY!? *headdesk*

16 hours ago, Syiren said:

Oh geez! Stage three is going to be a walk fest!

1. Reach level 25

2. Use a Sun Stone to Evolve Gloom or Sunkern

3. Hatch 9 eggs.

.......SERIOUSLY!? *headdesk*

That's the least of your worries. Look ahead at your own risk.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/723728/Celebi-Pokemon-GO-Research-Quest-New-Task-News-How-to-Catch-update-Johto-shiny-August-22

The trading is going to be my biggest problem. ><;

WB

7 hours ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

That's the least of your worries. Look ahead at your own risk.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/723728/Celebi-Pokemon-GO-Research-Quest-New-Task-News-How-to-Catch-update-Johto-shiny-August-22

The trading is going to be my biggest problem. ><;

WB

That link gave me a bunch of pop-ups that I wasn't comfortable with. and it was taking a long time to load something so I closed before reading anything on that link. You may want to avoid that and just post the information by typing it out in case other's computers aren't well protected. ^_^;

6 hours ago, Syiren said:

That link gave me a bunch of pop-ups that I wasn't comfortable with. and it was taking a long time to load something so I closed before reading anything on that link. You may want to avoid that and just post the information by typing it out in case other's computers aren't well protected. ^_^;

Ack! I'm sorry about that. ^^; >//<;

Okay, I'll put them into a spoiler instead. Read at your own risk.

Spoiler

4/8

• Evolve Eevee into Espeon during the day
  • Walk 10 km with Eevee as your buddy to earn Candy
  •  

Send 20 gifts to Friends

Rewards

• 1x Metal Coat, Eevee encounter, 2500 Stardust

5/8

• Walk 10 km with Eevee as your buddy to earn Candy
  • Evolve Eevee into Umbreon at night

Trade a Pokémon

Rewards

1x Star Piece, 15x Pinap Berry, 1 Upgrade

6/8

Visit PokéStops 7 days in a row

Use 25 Pinap Berries while catching Pokémon

Use items to evolve Pokémon 2 times

Rewards

5x Silver Pinap Berry,  Dragon Scale, 3500 Stardust

The rest is TBC ((Not sure what that means.)) And I am really curious about the last reward for number six. I didn't even know those where a thing until I saw that.

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane

Yeah... trading's gonna be a tough one. As for the Eevee, I'm already walking one for Umbreon and I HATE the fact that I have to do it again because Espeon should come first.

@Wolfs_Bane to be continued I would assume. because of the nature of the tasks, it's impossible to have progressed any further than what you have listed at this stage.

Edited by water_angel

Hmm, based on that source I think I'll wait to evolve the eevee I'm walking. it'll save me the hassle later on, even though I really wanted a shiny espeon asap. lol. It'll make it easier to walk for Umbreon too,

I can see they really don't want people to rush to get their Celebis. Guess they learned from Mew. There seems to be a big time-stopper on this one in several stages where as with Mew there was maybe one of two? The biggest one was tracknig down a dang Ditto.

I kind of wish the naming trick would work more than once. I've got like over 100 Eeevee candies. So I have no idea how walking with mine would get either of them. ><

WB

3 hours ago, Syiren said:

Hmm, based on that source I think I'll wait to evolve the eevee I'm walking. it'll save me the hassle later on, even though I really wanted a shiny espeon asap. lol. It'll make it easier to walk for Umbreon too, 

I can see they really don't want people to rush to get their Celebis. Guess they learned from Mew. There seems to be a big time-stopper on this one in several stages where as with Mew there was maybe one of two? The biggest one was tracknig down a dang Ditto. 

For me, the big stopper was the raids.  As a primarily solo person, finding ten raids that I could solo without making me late for work/have to leave early took forever(as I had a limited time, I could rarely fail and still get it to count since I couldn't stay long enough).  Ditto was easy, I got it on the same day I got the task(or just about).

Edited by Nectaris