Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

I know what I'd vote for o3o

I know you haven't gotten very far yet, but initial impressions? 

I got a bit confused cause it jumped a bit around in the beginning but I'm placing things together now. Also I had to google a few words because I didn't realise that it was how certain words were spelled XD  So I was pronouncing them wrong XD

But I like what I've read so far!

Like the character name... Carrot XD So original.

XD

His name in dwarfish means 

Spoiler

headbanger. 

But I think that comes out in another book. Dwarfs are pretty literal lol. Not a major detail, but fun. 

I like how certain things are described XD

I basically just went past the part when the first dragon "appeared"

Terry Pratchett was a literature wizard. His books are so fun to read, especially those from the golden era. 

I should actually look what books my aunt gave me. I wonder if there was something of him in the collection. Will take a pic and send it to you over the weekend

I still want to re-read that other book I told you about.

I went on Amazon to look those books up and somehow ended up putting 'The Art of War' and 'The Prince' in the basket instead XD

XD

How?!

But what do you think of those books? Might you get them?

Because I am very easily influenced XD

You wouldn't have needed candy to get me into a van as a child. Just a "hey kid come check out my van" would have done lol. 

I think I might eventually. With it being a series I want to make sure I have the funds and time for all of them. 

My friend gave me two point hospital.

Man a lot of people are going to die on my watch XD

Please take screenies!

I remember way back when I had Theme Hospital.

So many people died.

Good times. =D

Edited by Fortune86

Yeah I had it as well... Could never get past the second hospital XD

I will... I've been trying to take screenshots of Stardew but for some reason it's not showing so I can't save it!

I always took too long to open my hospital. I tried to build all rooms and hire staff before letting patients in and I think that cost me too much.

Awww 😧

I was fast enough.... But I didn't have enough space for everyone XD

@Marcus Pheonix : I might turn all of us into secret agents after we have finished our individual careers and see who gets the top promotion first.

Or I may go the super villain route.... 

7 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

OBTW @DragonSpirit009, once you have finished being a Painter, how'd you feel about becoming a Secret Agent? Same question for @Marcus Pheonix and @Lagie. Want to be Secret Agents?

Sounds interesting! What do we need to do?

Good day, CPA! B)

*sets out assorted soups, some hot, some cold*

It's so nice to have another day with nowhere I have to go.

30 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Good day, CPA! B)

*sets out assorted soups, some hot, some cold*

It's so nice to have another day with nowhere I have to go.

Hi Lagie! How are you feeling these days?

Hot soup sounds wonderful! *grabs a bowl and fills it up!*

Today is my first day in a week with nowhere to go, and it does feel good! I have been putting in long volunteer hours for the past week at the homeless shelter that our church was hosting for the week. Our community has a wonderful program where many churches in the area take turns hosting a homeless shelter that rotates among them for all the colder months of the year. We were the "shelter of the week" for the past 7 days, ending at 7am today. It takes many many volunteer hours to house and feed them and it pretty much takes over our whole building, too! It is a really great experience, though.

i should read more Pratchett.  i read the first 4 or so of Discworld, maybe i'll give them another go.

i've had off saturday, sunday, and today.... and i'll gladly take more days off! my next one is next sunday.

in other news, i juuuust finished the new Poldark series (it ran from 2015 to 2019 on BBC).... but it's based on a book series of 12 books (and book 12 is kind of a spoiler for what goes beyond the series! 😮 )  since my library has all 12 books, i'm now wondering if i want to go ahead and request book 1 NOW, or wait until i've finished the book i started (that i own) that i've set aside for another library book?  (if that doesn't make sense - i've started reading a book i own. then i got an email that my book at the library was ready for pickup. so i set my own book aside to get the library book. library books get read before my own books, as library books have a deadline; my own do not)

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Hi Lagie! How are you feeling these days?

Well, thanks, though often sleepy as I am not sleeping all that well lately. I can finally roll over onto my left side again which is good!

That's a lot of time! I'm sure they're happy to have you.

Hmm. Book decisions. We have no decent libraries here, and I got spoiled working at one in B.C. Staff got to keep books longer than patrons. XD Is there likely to be a high demand for that one, @trystan?

*sets puzzle pieces aside to go outside and read some more* (Drowning Ruth by... erm, somebody. :P )

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Is there likely to be a high demand for that one?

i don't think so.... but i don't know for certain, the series ended just last year - November, according to imdb

i'll finish the library book, then my own book - it's a #1 of 2, so once i'm getting close to the end of book #2, i'll request the first Poldark book. :D 

edit: i just did about 2/3 of my grocery shopping for tomorrow on the computer! yaay!

Edited by trystan
so i didn't double-post