Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

@Classycal, I click open in new tab; that seems to work better.

@Fortune86, that kinda fits. XD I wasn't very good at it as a kid, though I did keep trying! ;)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and assorted muffins*

We finally caught one of the community cats, and she's going to be spayed today. I'm concerned for her, though, as Julian took her to a vet whose surgery skills I don't really trust. I hope she'll be okay.

Cat toppage, page 977! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

so i need to remember not to be impatient.  yesterday i had 6 eggs.  i wasn't locked.  but then i incubated three of those eggs and tossed them into too many click sites.  those three eggs that i incubated got sick yesterday afternoon.  they're no longer sick, in fact when i unfog them in like an hour or two i'm sure they'll hatch (and then i'll fog them again for like a day and a half)... all because i didn't want 6 eggs, i wanted hatches.

i posted a question about sickness and fogging over in TLQ yesterday, and i would have thought i was a newbie!

Definitely not a newbie.  

I'm not a newbie, but I was away for a while so I have lots of questions.  

definitely not. :)

i never really left, but rather just popped in for the holiday events: Valentines, the Festival of the Eggs, Halloween & Trick-or-Treating, and Xmas.  i'd randomly pop in and discover a new release three days after it had happened, lost interest and kinda didn't pay much attention.  and then back in the fall, i just decided to pop back here on the forum and then it snowballed into me still being here. 

Hello!

That's the great thing about this game. It's still popular and waiting for you.

I realized i need a few postage stamps because the once i have are not worth enough the prices did go up since i bought them. I combined a few and paid more then it is needed. But i never heard that the post will not deliver when you pay a bit too much.^^ Luckily you can put as many stamps on the letter like you want.

Sad thing is i have to travel by bus or walking a very long way to be able to get them. So many post office branches were just closed. :dry:

1 minute ago, Tigerkralle said:

That's the great thing about this game. It's still popular and waiting for you.

this is true

why were the post office branches closed? that's curious.

Years ago they closed a lot. It was like you always had one in your neighbourhood, but with internet and mobile phones with SMS people did not use the services so often anymore. So now you need to take a bus if you are living in a big city like me (And you don't need to have a car or a driver licence to be mobile.) and it needs a bit more time.

Firing up the printer and pay online is not so handy like it sounds. Using a printer is not so cheap in the long run and the time to boot up the PC and the printer just for the one thing you send...

Edit to add:

A lot of kiosk and sometimes other tiny shops can have a deal with DHL, Hermes (not sure about other companies) here in Germany so that you can send you packets but for letters and postage stamps that's a whole other deal.

Keep in mind a Kiosk here is usally a tiny shop with lots of magazine, tobacco, newspaper, sweets and so on inside and not something semi-open outdoors.

Edited by Tigerkralle

that sounds kind of chaotic, actually.

in my area of the States we have post office buildings in most towns/cities, i know where three are right off the top of my head. mostly they're open M-F from like 9-3 or 4, and saturdays from 9-12 or 1.  the one that i could walk to from my office job also closes from like 12-1:30 for lunch.  but other than that, if you need postage stamps, the post office are open; and i also think you can get stamps from other places, like a grocery store, or somewhere like Walgreens.  i don't really know, since i always get stamps at the post office.

They are still there, just more widespread.

Sure sending a parcel can be a tiny bit chaotic but there is not only one company you can pick. (Post/DHL i think mainly part state-funded and then private companies and how it all comes together is behind my skills to overlook).

I am not sure i can get postage stamps anywhere else, i could order them online but i prefer to buy them in person. Letters are still Post only so that's that.

i've shipped parcels from private businesses, and i think it's the same price as if i'd taken it to the post office.

and yeah, i like to buy my stamps in person too :)

I rarely ship something so i don't know if there is a difference. Some companies made a deal with private businesses and some not, they tell you how they send it but it seems to always be an exclusive deal.

Well it's just in general that a lot of branches are closed down, same is true for banks. I do have to travel a bit further if i need to be there in person when they need my signature... or an appointment in person.

occasionally i've had to send something across the state to my younger daughter away at college, so it's helpful that the one place was within walking distance.

also, random, if i could ask a favor? my scroll says i have (as of now) 208 unique breeds.  i was curious and pulled together a list in my spreadsheet because eventually it will turn into a list of breeds i don't have but want to get, so i wanted to know what i already have.  the thing is, that list is showing 209 breeds and i'm not sure which one is the odd one out.  is it the Eradors?  my scroll link is the stats graphic in my sig.... and the emoji whacking the egg is actually a link to my spreadsheet! XD (i'm a dork, i know.) it's the tab at the bottom labeled Unique Breeds - at least i hope the tabs are visible in the "view only" mode.  the list's order is the same as the Dragon Types page on the wiki.  sometimes it's helpful if another pair of eyes looks at it.  if i end up getting another unique breed, it'll be updated to reflect that. 

ok, dork mode off. XD 

trystan, I can only see part of your spreadsheet, but that might be because I'm using a tablet.  What program do you use for your spreadsheet?  How are you sorting your dragons?

Ooh some of my past year’s hatchies grew up! Since I’ve been on here for less than a year there’s a lot of new stuff for me and so I have a need to hoard holiday dragons. XD Now to wait for my new Valentines hatchies :D 

At 4 am, unfortunately It's not such a good morning for me.  I can't sleep.  

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

@trystan, I'll try to look at that on the proper computer. Spreadsheets and my phone don't like each other much.

Okay your sorting is confusing.

Question in general do you have an Undead Dragon of any kind? We will only be able to see it on a 31st the whole day or when it is between 12 am and 6 am cavetime. You on the other hand are able to see your Undeads all the time! They look like gravestones and depending on the Biome or being bred are having a unique look.

Edited by Tigerkralle
One day i will learn grammar...

Thanks classy and lagie.

I'm on my phone, so I may not answer everything, I use Google sheets for my spreadsheet. On my laptop, I have tabs at the bottom. The first one is actually sorted by the date I obtained the Dragon, so my first dragons are at the top my latest dragons are at the bottom.

The second tab sorts the Dragons by their breed, some names may be off (like the Blunas), because I haven't updated the newer names yet, but within each breed they're sorted by the date acquired.

the third tab is the unique breed list, curated from the tab that sorts the Dragons by their breeds. that particular tab is sorted like the dragon breeds page on the wiki, with Commons first, then uncommons, metallics, breed only.....

I hope that helps, I should be back on my laptop soon 😊

Edited by trystan
typo

I meant the actual sorting on your scroll. It's not that obvious. First i try to look at your scroll but the breeds are neither sorted by encyclopedia nor the old sorting.

The top of my scroll is my guardians of nature, growing things, frozen things, siyat and purple florets. Starting with the Aeria Gloris, I had told it to sort by breed. I don't know what it did after that

Edited by trystan

I looked if i found everything that you wrote as 'unique' breed into your spreedsheet and i think i found everything. But you should know that the scroll is only counting something as a breed if it has an entry in the encyclopedia. So you should try to list your unique breeds under the names you can found in the encyclopedia. That should help.

So maybe there is one more unique breed in your list then actually exists for DC.

Edited by Tigerkralle

thanks, Tiger!! and that does make sense.... i'll take a look at the encyclopedia! 

btw, is there a list of what's in the encyclopedia somewhere, because some of mine still say "breed not unlocked"