Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

8 hours ago, Swiftphoenix said:

Spirit: Doesn’t the electricity usually go out during load shedding? :D 

That's what makes it funny. XD Some idjit wasn't thinking when they made the poster!

58 minutes ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

What does egglocking mean?

Have I shared the map i'm drawing for my rp on here?

I can have 8 eggs. If I have 8 eggs, I'm egglocked. If I have 7 or fewer, I'm not.

And no, I don't think you have.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, CPA! B)

*sets out a large bowl of cinnamon hearts*

I've made - as a joke - Valentines for all my shop staff and all the shelter staff, with those little paper fold-em ones you use at school. XD I do hope not one takes it the wrong way. (You know... the 'if you give one to someone in your class, you have to give one to everyone' routine.)

I haven't seen one of the new Valentine's drop in the cave.   Argghhh....

10 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Morning peeps!

@Evangeline : I'm sorry I don't know what that is O.o Did it appear today? Maybe it's part of an event thing? 

I have no idea! It was so weird!

Hello!

So this story is something. I hope i can 'replay' the story so far in a few days for Valentine's Day.

Well the storm had some impact on my personal life too. Friends are not visiting because too much on their mind. Father from that friend is building something for his non-profit thingy (English is hard) and my friend is helping because the schedule is no more. From what i know nothing is broken on the building site, but not having a schedule is a total mess.

I will hear the full story when they can take a breather.

Yes, English is hard and I admire anyone who learns it as a second language.  The Germanic languages (English, German, Dutch, and others) are some of the hardest languages to learn.  

Haha. I am a native speaker in German i don't hide it, but still speaking a related language is giving you an advantage by not having something completly foreign in front of you but still it is hard to get the right term when it goes into specific fields like the correct term for something specific like how to descripe what kind of buisness that person has founded or can i call it buisness at alll? My head spins when i try to get it in German and i don't know all the details.

happy valentines!

i got my two VDay eggies for today... and three of my four previous VDay dragons i got last week have growed up! (the other one should grow in 4 hours).

English is weird, and it's my native language!

english-doesnt-borrow-from-other-languages.jpg

52 minutes ago, trystan said:

happy valentines!

i got my two VDay eggies for today... and three of my four previous VDay dragons i got last week have growed up! (the other one should grow in 4 hours).

How long did you have to look to get them?  I haven't seen a one and I'm beginning to lose hope.  

18 minutes ago, Classycal said:

How long did you have to look to get them?  I haven't seen a one and I'm beginning to lose hope.  

actually - an hour.  i got my first one right at the midnight drop.  but then i refreshed and clicked a few times during the 5-minute drops but those were like 3 or 6 eggs only.  then i got my second one at the 1 a.m. drop.  do you want one of mine, and i'll hunt for another one?

Sure.  That would be awesome.  I started right at midnight and didn't even see one.  

You rock trystan!!!!  You have made my day.  

you're quite welcome, classy!

interesting to note, i picked up my second one right away.  i clicked on the alpine, even refreshed it, and there were three eggs still, so i clicked one, and got it right away. huh.

All I've been looking under is the Valentine biome.  TJ is sneaky to put them in other biomes.  I just got one in the Alpine, too.  

yeah, the Holiday Biome (Valentines, Halloween, Xmas) are for previous years.  when the actual drop happens, it's in all the other biomes.  you're not the first one to be confused this time round either.

4 hours ago, Tigerkralle said:

Haha. I am a native speaker in German i don't hide it, but still speaking a related language is giving you an advantage by not having something completly foreign in front of you but still it is hard to get the right term when it goes into specific fields like the correct term for something specific like how to descripe what kind of buisness that person has founded or can i call it buisness at alll? My head spins when i try to get it in German and i don't know all the details.

You could try putting the German and tagging @Herk. She's really good with translating things! :D

2 hours ago, trystan said:

I love this! XD

I was going to suggest you check the main biomes, @Classycal, but I am glad to see you got sorted. I grabbed two first thing today and have since swapped them for Z codes.

I can send you one, @Fortune86, but you'd need to tell me where!

14 minutes ago, Lagie said:
2 hours ago, trystan said:

I love this! XD

a friend of mine sent that to me ages ago, and i'm pretty sure i died laughing when i first read it. XD 

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

You could try putting the German and tagging @Herk. She's really good with translating things! :D

thanks @Lagie :) @Tigerkralle usually gets along fine so I doubt she really needs my help - although I'm always happy to help ;)

I would like to learn German some day, but right now I'm brushing up on my Spanish.  

I think I'm getting a cold.  Oh, noooo.....

Noooo, * sends over some cerasee*  Make tea.  It tastes vile, but it works.

I'm exhausted.  We had a four digit day at the shop!

4 digits!!!!  Wow!  No wonder you're tired.  I'll make some tea.  

Thanks! *flops onto the sofa*

When I took over the shop, we thought $300 in 4 hours was good. Now, most Saturdays are between 700 and 1,100. Small wonder I'm ready for bed when I get home. The math involved in the sales process and the social interaction with 60 to 80 people... *snores*